Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 01:29:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Artillery Out of Control  (Read 10400 times)
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« on: February 04, 2011, 03:20:14 pm »

They're bombardin' on yo windows

snatchin' vet up

So yall better hide yo kids

hide yo wife

and hide yo teammates cuz they bombin' everybody out here

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 03:25:44 pm »

having 6 howies is an overkill but you can never know what will happen  Tongue
well for me i just have my 397 xp howie that has been there from cristmas and another useless one that i have to waste any offmaps that kill howies so badly.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 03:27:35 pm »

why do you need 6? you'll never really use more than 2

but i think hes trolling. look at his pp.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 03:29:02 pm »

i have 10 in oversupply normaly so having 24 is no major oversupply for me or anyone that has a vet 9 account
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 04:09:06 pm »

The purpose of this post was to help people realize that there needs to be something done about artillery. Players can have a full company and only really sacrifice a few shermans (like i did) and have 6 howitzers.

The pp cost was 24, but we start out with 200 and you only lose the pps if your howitzer crew dies. It's very easy to retreat a howitzer crew. We need to have a limit on the number of howitzers, 25 pounders, and priests (hummels) etc to prevent retarded gameplay.

EDIT: Why?
Because we have restrictions on heavy tanks in order to make sure that we have fair (and fun) gameplay. Remember the days where axis players could have 2 KTs in their Terror coy? People would have an "early KT" and a "late KT" and just overwhelm players. I think that we should have a restriction (but a fair restriction) on the number of artillery units that people can have in their coy. Artillery can really take the fun out of gameplay.
Proposed limit: 3

-Condor
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 04:12:26 pm by 3rdCondor » Logged
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 04:12:47 pm »

The purpose of this post was to help people realize that there needs to be something done about artillery. Players can have a full company and only really sacrifice a few shermans (like i did) and have 6 howitzers.

The pp cost was 24, but we start out with 200 and you only lose the pps if your howitzer crew dies. It's very easy to retreat a howitzer crew. We need to have a limit on the number of howitzers, 25 pounders, and priests (hummels) etc to prevent retarded gameplay.

-Condor

Nothing needs to be done about artillery

Its very easy to deal with static artillery such as the Howie, this game is not meant to be Kid mode.

And your post Condor was one of the first stupid ones i see, 2 howies plus 10 recrew squads, same effect 100x better.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 04:18:13 pm »

I don't care if you think my post is stupid because I know that it's not stupid. The logic behind having 6 howitzers is not what is to be questioned... it's the availability that needs to be questioned. If you're in a 4v4 or even a 3v3, you can afford to have a player resort to the "artillery role," and if someone has the ability to constantly call out howitzer after howitzer after howitzer, that is a problem. Even if you destroy the gun, they can call out another one. So you can recrew AND call out more artillery and just have a never-ending shitball of death.

nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 04:20:41 pm »

y call out howitzer after howitzer after howitzer, that is a problem.

no it's not,  howitzers die easy, and if someone wants to dish out so much mp and fu on howitzers let him. this company will fail.

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 04:23:05 pm »

Even if you destroy the gun, they can call out another one. So you can recrew AND call out more artillery and just have a never-ending shitball of death.

arty can be avoided as soon as you hear it firing start shifting your stuff.

Use your own arty? Its not that hard to counterbattery static pieces, and the more they recrew/build a new one, the more you don't have to worry about ATG's

And yes i agree so much arty is an issue, for your team. Your screwing your allies out of much needed support.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 04:23:18 pm »

no it's not,  howitzers die easy, and if someone wants to dish out so much mp and fu on howitzers let him. this company will fail.

Once again, the point was not discuss the logic of purchasing 6 howitzers... it was to discuss the availability of them. I don't believe that players should be allowed to pretty much purchase an almost unlimited amount of artillery, since it's extremely powerful and can take the fun out of the game.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 04:24:42 pm »

it was to discuss the availability of them. I don't believe that players should be allowed to pretty much purchase an almost unlimited amount of artillery, since it's extremely powerful and can take the fun out of the game.

and i'm telling you nothing is wrong with availability of howitzer
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 04:26:20 pm »

Once again, the point was not discuss the logic of purchasing 6 howitzers... it was to discuss the availability of them. I don't believe that players should be allowed to pretty much purchase an almost unlimited amount of artillery, since it's extremely powerful and can take the fun out of the game.

No it takes the fun out of the game listening to people whine about offmaps and arty that arent that bad, becasue once or twice its killed thier vet 3 units, or the Doomforted to FUCK and had 2 offmaps dropped on the clusterfuck.

Or the fact that people in this mod get so lazy as now they can't frontal assault all the time, they might have to think about getting a rear strike team in to silence the guns in the back. But once again as its not a guarentee, people cry OP
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 04:28:39 pm »

6 howitzers taking whole  support and reserve is nothing special

this company will totaly neglect atgs and other support weapons, pretty much fail.

I'd love to play vs someone with such a company.

There is an unwritten rule of arty usage , that if you need more than 1 piece of arty on field to kill for whole game , you are pretty much fail.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 04:31:56 pm by nugnugx » Logged
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 04:34:56 pm »

I was still able to buy some mortars, hmgs, and 6 at guns, but I'm not sure I want to keep posting because this is getting exhausting. I didn't know if anyone else thought it was dangerous to allow for players to purchase unlimited amounts of artillery by only sacrificing armor in their company.... apparently noone cares so there's no point in arguing.

This post has nothing to do with personal experience because.... I don't really have horrible experiences with artillery in this mod, but I just thought it was alarming that players could buy so much. It didn't seem fair to me that artillery wasn't capped... even at say 4. I'm done tho because it's pointless to argue even though purchasing 6 howitzers was only done as an attention-getter.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 04:37:20 pm »

No one ever had and no one ever will have so much arty because they know it's fail or if they don't know they will find out when they will loose a game because of having nothing on field but howitzers.

KTs on the other hand need to be capped because a few of them can steam roll whole 40 pop callin. Have 2 kts from 2 players in a 2v2  and you cannot stop them.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 04:40:05 pm by nugnugx » Logged
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 04:39:34 pm »

I didnt think that this was a problem. You sacrafice alot of onfield presence and company power by putting out so many howitzers.

Of course bad players would crumble just sitting around waiting for the traditional slug fest in the middle of the map, but even having 2 howies on is too risky vs. good players who will go back there to get them.

Yes it could be powerful if protected, but if you can protect it, why not let you do it. It's a company theme, nothing wrong with that. Go play the artillary battery. Smiley

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 04:56:39 pm »

Do this with 25Pdrs and Unlimited Creeping Barrages. It is cheaper :p

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 05:20:00 pm »

Locked and loaded with this could be fun, move them around to confuse the hell out of people.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 06:01:03 pm »

Move them around?

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2011, 06:05:57 pm »

Um yeah.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc