Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 12:48:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WM] LEIG 18  (Read 20519 times)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2011, 08:19:38 pm »

Again though, why use 2 things to counter infantry that require line of sight.

I would much prefer 1 HMG 1 Mortar and a PaK for slightly more pop.

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2011, 09:24:44 pm »

I think Luft should get their Leig also, slower due to its smaller wheels, and no shield but capable of being paradropped

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2011, 09:23:09 am »

By the way, just thought I should point out that currently the LeiG still penetrates m10s, shermans and m18s from what I've seen in my latest games.
cloud234 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2011, 09:28:54 am »

By the way, just thought I should point out that currently the LeiG still penetrates m10s, shermans and m18s from what I've seen in my latest games.

So does the STUH but it does terrible damage.

But your not blitz, your defensive if you have the LeiG.

LeiG is a killing platform, not a suppression platform. Pair it with an Mg42 and watch the kills rack up.

and it aint my mod, i just do the PR.

I should rephrase that. If I wanted a STUH, I would have bought a STUH. Pair it with a MG42??? Well, they bring a tank and I'm done for. Better spend it on a MG42 and Pak for the pop of one LeiG.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2011, 11:28:04 am »

So does the STUH but it does terrible damage.

I should rephrase that. If I wanted a STUH, I would have bought a STUH. Pair it with a MG42??? Well, they bring a tank and I'm done for. Better spend it on a MG42 and Pak for the pop of one LeiG.

how does it do terrible damage? all that was changed was the penetration, which means that it wont penetrate on every shot but when it does it does the same damage as before.

also if u knew history, you'd know that the leig 18 shouldn't even penetrate any type of tank, be lucky they didn't decide to take that fully away. it was a quicker firing gun than in eir

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmzN67YC0oo

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
cloud234 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2011, 11:31:56 am »

how does it do terrible damage? all that was changed was the penetration, which means that it wont penetrate on every shot but when it does it does the same damage as before.

Penetration was changed to be in ine with a Stuh.

also if u knew history, you'd know that the leig 18 shouldn't even penetrate any type of tank, be lucky they didn't decide to take that fully away. it was a quicker firing gun than in eir

Oh right... And a puma 20mm cannon would shred a M8... and a MG42 can shoot accurately and kill up to 4km  Roll Eyes Edit: 4km being INDIRECT fire and not as accurately as direct fire.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 11:34:45 am by cloud234 » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2011, 11:39:39 am »

Penetration was changed to be in ine with a Stuh.

Oh right... And a puma 20mm cannon would shred a M8... and a MG42 can shoot accurately and kill up to 4km  Roll Eyes Edit: 4km being INDIRECT fire and not as accurately as direct fire.

i know it was changed to be in line with the stuh, but that has nothing to do with damage only the chance of it penetrating.

and yes i know that dude i know my history all i'm saying is that a 75mm HE shell IRL wouldn't penetrate armor that well. Also, the penetration tables on the leig 18 were from that of a 280mm Nebel shell, so they'd been overdue for a change after it's role and gun were changed.

280mm = penetrate everyshot
75mm = shouldn't penetrate

the allise have a 75mm mobile arty piece and it does absolute crap vs armor unless it rear hits 'em and the 95mm cromwell was no where near as good as the leig, so get over it. it's done it wont be changed because it was a broken gun anyway.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2011, 11:40:51 am »

What?

* Lowered LEIG18 damage and penetration against various armor. (similar to stuh)

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2011, 11:41:44 am »

Now that i'm thinkin about it, maybe as a change, the rof can be lowered a little bit, it does fire a bit too slowly especially it being a towable gun.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2011, 11:42:16 am »

What?

he mentioned penetration not the damage being changed. still does more damage to tanks than the 75mm gmc
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2011, 11:43:10 am »

I was responding to this statement

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2011, 11:47:47 am »

Actually Tym, if you knew history you would know that the LeIG could in fact penetrate tanks.

They were issued with HE and Hollow charge ammo, aka Shaped Charge.

Of course, the Wehr also used shaped charge rifle grenades and other such things....

Actually, shaped charge AT Rifle nades would be awesome...

Also, the LeIG was put in as a MODEL change for the 280mm Neb, to make it more recognizable on the field. Not because the 280mm Neb was broken. Know your EIR history.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 11:50:10 am by AmPM » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2011, 11:58:21 am »

People were crying it was broken before the model change because it was an all role infantry weapon.

and AmPm i know they had shaped charges, in fact a Sherman should be able to easily penetrate a Panther because of the APCR rounds it was issued and m-10's should be able to kill infantry better because of HE rounds. M8's had HE and AP Rounds as well and on n on. Most tanks had either 2 or 3 types of ammunition to tackle any type of threat and late war the Germans didn't have a lot of AP rounds and weren't able to tackle tanks as well as the Allies could.

but anyway. It's fine as is, it's brought in line with all other guns of its type, the stuh, the 75mm gmc, the 95mm cromwell. you're just upset that it broke your little defensive company, o well fine a new strat. People whined when it was changed from its first OP state when it was an absolute rape machine. Everyone who uses something thats broken whines when its fixed, it's just the state of EIR.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2011, 12:29:39 pm »

Lol, thats why it was at 6 pop Tym, and it wasn't broken. It was actually really easily countered by a decent player due to its delicacy and immobility.

Now it's just useless. That is the problem. I'm sure you see swarms of 75mm GMC's too, and STuH's (wow, all stuff thats rarely if ever used) because they are such awesome units right? It's a case of another unit being reduced to useless crap.

What's really funny Tym, as this was the one change EIRRMod did not OK ahead of time.
and AmPm i know they had shaped charges

Please know what side you are going to stand on before you start posting.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 12:35:56 pm by AmPM » Logged
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2011, 12:50:09 pm »

AMPM, have you actually played with the LeiG18 since the patch? You pretty much started complaining the moment it released  Roll Eyes
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2011, 12:57:55 pm »

Unk, it's ONLY use was dual purpose vs armor and keeping infantry from blobbing to critical mass.

If it only pen's a sherman 33% then its worthless.

If it doesn't pen a churchill then it's useless for its cost/pop/t3 unlock requirement.

If, when paired with a PaK or second LeIG it cannot be a threat to armor to the point that they cannot achieve circling, then it no longer fulfills its mission requirement. It is better replaced with another PaK and HMG/Mortar for slightly more.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 01:00:26 pm by AmPM » Logged
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2011, 01:45:53 pm »

Unk, it's ONLY use was dual purpose vs armor and keeping infantry from blobbing to critical mass.

If it only pen's a sherman 33% then its worthless.

If it doesn't pen a churchill then it's useless for its cost/pop/t3 unlock requirement.

If, when paired with a PaK or second LeIG it cannot be a threat to armor to the point that they cannot achieve circling, then it no longer fulfills its mission requirement. It is better replaced with another PaK and HMG/Mortar for slightly more.

is it not an anti inf gun? Yes
should it be able to kill tanks if it is really good against inf? no
do you really think that something that can kill 1 riflemen squad in 1 hit if pinned be able to kill a tank? no
should you rreally be complaining about how it dose not kill tanks? NO!!

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2011, 01:51:00 pm »

His point is that it needs to be better at killing inf when you can do it better for the same pop with 2 HMG42s.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2011, 01:53:07 pm »

Except it was not made originally as an Anti-Infantry gun, it is an Infantry Gun aka Light Howi/Dual Purpose gun.

Does it kill a pinned squad? Yes.

Does a Bike kill a pinned squad? Yes.

Is the LeIG good vs infantry compared to other available options? No.

Is the LeIG a competitive choice now for a T3 unlock that costs 380mp and 100mu? No.

Is it then useless when faced with options like another Mortar or HMG or PaK? Yes.

Useless T3 is useless.

His point is that it needs to be better at killing inf when you can do it better for the same pop with 2 HMG42s.

Killer gets it. I don't think it needs to kill tanks, but if it doesn't it better be damned good at killing infantry. It needs to be the be all end all of infantry killing for its cost (pool, pop, resources, tier) to be useful, it needs to out kill 2 HMGs that also suppress/pin, it needs to be better than a Mortar or LMG squad with Medkits and nades.

It needs to WTF rape infantry enough that you don't need to worry about having 2 forms of AT to cover it, because their infantry will not get close.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 01:55:29 pm by AmPM » Logged
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2011, 01:55:09 pm »

Except it was not made originally as an Anti-Infantry gun, it is an Infantry Gun aka Light Howi/Dual Purpose gun.

Dude, glad you said it.

The reason its called an Infantry Gun, is because infantry use it...not because its used on infantry
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc