Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 10:45:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WM&CW] PIAT vs Schrek  (Read 16366 times)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2011, 12:51:45 pm »

I have had shreks randomly snipe my officers and insta gib infantry too, doesn't happen that often but it sticks in your mind and seems like it happens alot more then it does.

Happens just as rarely as a sticky bomb not hitting its target

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2011, 04:33:29 pm »

Happens just as rarely as a sticky bomb not hitting its target

+1

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2011, 11:15:19 pm »

+1

Helpful demon, supporting a stupid comment.

A small chance to hit an infantry is not equal to an always hit sticky.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 11:19:25 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2011, 11:54:41 pm »

Sarcasm, you should learn it.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2011, 12:04:53 am »

Sarcasm, you should learn it.

I chose intelligence instead of quick comments designed to hide just how little the user actually knows.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 12:07:32 am by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2011, 01:08:01 am »

I chose intelligence instead of quick comments designed to hide just how little the user actually knows.

wrong again.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2011, 01:41:15 am »

wrong again.

Oh no, i right again. To be wrong again, it would require me to be both wrong now and wrong previously.

wrong.

Right (no #1)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No._68_AT_Grenade

Goddamn people in this mod need to start learning about the war they claim to know so much about

Right #2
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 01:43:51 am by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2011, 02:44:52 am »

*facepalm*

Helpful demon, supporting a stupid comment.

A small chance to hit an infantry is not equal to an always hit sticky.

wrong

wrong again

Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2011, 01:29:51 am »

your all wrong, im right.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2011, 02:58:13 am »

Missing with a sticky is about 0.1% probability
Hitting an infantry guy with a shrek is 15% if the enemy infantry isn't moving and at short range. Can drop to 2.625% if it's at long range and the enemy infantry IS moving.

So yeah.. Schrecks will hit infantry a lot more often than stickies will miss.

8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2011, 07:37:29 am »

i think we sorta lost sight of the point of this post. Piats are far more cost effective the shrecks becuase you can fire from cover, especially on commandoes, you dont even need to fire from cover, just pop the smoke fire, run back into teh fog of war even before the enemy has a chance to fire back at you. Win

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2011, 07:44:39 am »

i think we sorta lost sight of the point of this post. Piats are far more cost effective the shrecks becuase you can fire from cover, especially on commandoes, you dont even need to fire from cover, just pop the smoke fire, run back into teh fog of war even before the enemy has a chance to fire back at you. Win

Nah, fire from behind a shot blocker while microing something else without wasting your smoke.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2011, 10:52:49 pm »

No, Shreks are far more effective then Piats.

1. Due to the speed of most allied vehicles / tanks, most piats will NOT hit
2. You do not want a Piat when your facing M8s/T17s etc. the advantage of shrek is if it rolls a hit, IT WILL HIT. it will home in. Piats arent able to do this.
3. Having to rely on 2 pieces of equipment to hit instead of 1 is a liability, you wont get most of your damage output from one piat, that said, in most cases having 2 squad members gibbed by a tank instantaneously  happens alot, thus having 2 squad members ieth AT equipment, lose another member you have 1 squad memebr doing half the damage without any chance of homing onto the target like the shrek is able to.

The issue about shot blockers is not a way to base the price on. ive havent been hit by Piats behind Hedges or buildings in a long while, i base this on L2P to people who experience this problem. Its easy to negate that advantage with some pre planning, and you knowign the maps, knowing the normal spots for piat campers, then you just avoid those area and bring them to fight on your group, when a tank length of reversing will negate he piat all together.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2011, 03:39:34 am »

You are absolutely correct but you can also say that the other way around. A player who uses his piats well can negate any damage by just standing behind obstacles whilst dealing a lot of damage to both infantry and tanks.

I know from experience that piats are just so much easier to gain vet with. Piats function more like a priest, fragile but deadly and if used correctly they can deal damage without taking any. PzShrecks functions more like a bike, they can't hit anything, they can't do any damage and they usually end up dead before getting even a single hit/kill.

That piats have low accuracy is a myth, if they have vet or use ambush they can never miss a puma even if it moves on a road. And even if they do miss, they still fired from behind cover somewhere so they never take any damage.

There is a reason why players have almost entirely stopped using pzshrecks for their grenadiers while piats remain a very common unit on the battlefield, you may see shrecks occasionally on tankbusters or stormtroopers but for grenadiers it's just too overpriced for what they do, even when they sit in houses they are ineffective.

The piats are not the problem in this discussion, they are fine the way they are and CW needs them to make up for their lack of sustainable AT. But PzShrecks could use a small decrease in price, I have not seen a shreck grenadier in so long, I probably forgot how they look like. Most people are like, you have a shreck?? what a noob, just buy a pak instead and for the ammo that you save you can buy healthkits/grenades/lmgs.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2011, 10:50:45 am »

Pony is pretty much correct. I tried using a pair of schrek grens, then deleted them, got a 4th PaK and never looked back.

Extra muni's went into equipping all my other Grens with LMGs and adding upgrades and 2nd repair to a P4.

8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2011, 11:15:50 am »

Yep shrecks just dont compare to piats just for the sole fact that piats can shoot without the risk of 1. Losing thier mans 2. Taking ANY damage 3. if your piat commandos, you can shoot then instant camo or shoot and stay camo if you pop smoke at the right time.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2011, 12:21:33 pm »

I've brought this up to Groundfire in relation to the t3 unit unlock of fallschrimjager Tankbusters.

4 man squad, costs 250 MU to field, double shreks.  I asked him about why do I have to be forced into taking double shreks when I just want a single shrek.  His reply was as follows:

1) Its a design choice, and such that we cannot argue with the devs about their always right decisions.

2) Why do axis need versatility on their most powerful AT Infantry squad?

3) Why would you choose tank busters if you could buy 1 shrek on Falls Tankbusters? (my answer to that, I want to bloodly well airdrop them and use them to ambush without putting 250 MU behind enemy lines, also tank busters are not buffed via Falls doctrine choices).

4) Falls are an awesome unit, hence why they pay a premium in MU (120 x 2 = 240 MU, but they pay 250 MU for a squad that cannot move while cloaked like Storms, but apparently being airdroppable alone makes them cost more).

5) They have fewer men but they are tougher, fewer men is always better than more men like the allies.

6) You cannot balance across factions.

Those are just some of the reasons it seems Shreks will be stuck the way they are, and I tell you its maddening.  Groundfire or others may be happy to sink 250-300 MU into a single fragile squad that can be multi-man gibbed with very few 'bodies' to soak up hits like their allied counterpart, but I myself prefer to actually spread out AT for attrition sake.

I do agree that shreks in some cases need to come down over an ATG, just slightly and offer incentives to load out double shreks.  Bazookas are 55 MU a piece (under rangers they drop by 15 MU to 80), yet 2 shreks receives no discount for 'putting all your eggs in one basket'.

Just my viewpoint anyway.

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2011, 03:31:05 pm »

I use Storm Shreks, and Commando Piats....

Want to knwo when piats get nasty?  When there is 3-4 on one of my squads, If i pick up a shreck or RR or Zook on my Piat Squad its GG. 

I would rather have Shrecks on my storms for the 300 Munions than the Piats just because of the ability to get the Hits. 

The Commandos with Vet and Piats get worse because instead of more scatter, you get les scatter with piats and they usually hit less.  You have to know when to fire a piat.... When the amror sees you thats when you fire because they all don;t roll straight they stop and try to reverse...

Heres the major difference...

Woith Shrecks i can scare Shermans and they have to run away, With P4s they could litterally run through me, and just do whatever they wanted...  But instead they liek to run from them.

I take armored cars vs piats all day long or pumas and its hilliarious, As long as you know you go in a straight line as fast as possible the piat almost always misses... Unless a stray one fires in a direction it was ment to miss then it hits.....

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2011, 03:46:19 pm »

Straight line is the worst for AC's and Puma's. I already had to prove to a few people that you can successfully Attack Ground anytime you like to kill those faster units.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2011, 09:21:10 am »

anytime you want to test that thery ground i will be more than happy to hpop in a 1v1 and make sure to ahhiliate your piats sqauds
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc