Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 07, 2024, 06:38:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [US] Bar suppression fire  (Read 31342 times)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2011, 12:34:49 pm »

BAR can suppress and make any assault attempt nullified due to its suppression fire. :p Only assault can stop a bar ownage.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
BigDick
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2011, 01:14:43 pm »

BAR can suppress and make any assault attempt nullified due to its suppression fire. :p Only assault can stop a bar ownage.

not anymore assault doesnt break suppression anymore

i got supressed even by hmgs and was unable to throw assault nades
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2011, 01:32:49 pm »

If it was a vickers HMG I could see that. Assault Breaks Suppression but doesn't provide suppression imunity.

Also the final phase of BAR SF is an insane level of Suppression
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 01:35:36 pm by brn4meplz » Logged

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
BigDick
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2011, 01:57:09 pm »

it was against the us hmg
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2011, 04:03:21 pm »

not anymore assault doesnt break suppression anymore

i got suppressed even by hmgs and was unable to throw assault nades

good, you won't find me feelin one bit sorrowful.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2011, 04:12:12 pm »

BAR suppression is a perfectly fine blob counter, deal with it.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2011, 04:13:39 pm »

And assault still breaks suppression. The only thing that has changed in assault is that they throw 2 waves of grenades instead of 3.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2011, 04:30:39 pm »

Let me summarize Tyms post

1 bar suppressing 5 mp44 -----   ok

1 bar suppressing 1 mp44 (which costs more and is a close assault weapon) ----  not ok

yes and riflemans are also in twos 

2 bars  will suppress 2 lmg

1+

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2011, 04:32:20 pm »

BAR suppression is a perfectly fine blob counter, deal with it.

No it is not, if you cannot see that 1 bar suppressing 3 squads is OP for EIR gameplay i cannot help you.

1 bar -- 1 squad, that should be it

I wonder how fast allies would cry NERF if g43 could slow 3 units by just changing target.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 04:50:21 pm by nugnugx » Logged

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2011, 04:39:40 pm »

Americans are getting sloppy with there one click win button
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2011, 04:51:45 pm »

The current state of SF might have been good with pre OF vEir , but with todays EIR gameplay of limited INF a change to SF needs to be done.
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2011, 05:21:32 pm »

I agree with Nug, it would make more sense to have SF suppress just one squad. Although they rarely ever suppress multiple squads unless your opponent is not paying attention. Yet, the point stands, that within the EIR environment the ability to do so much with one click of a button is a bit too much. Changing it to one squad makes the user think more carefully of how to deploy it.

Only a slight price reduction would be necessary. The BAR is still a powerful upgrade even without the capacity to disable multiple squads at once.

PQ

Common sense is not so common after all.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2011, 06:19:20 pm »

Agreed. wow we came to a good conclusion in only 3 pages!

EIRR win?
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2011, 07:08:02 pm »

They can't suppress units in heavy cover and grenades + mg is usually enough to counter them. Mindless blobbing cqb is also one click and you think it should be rewarded? if you just use cover or flank them or fall back a little then they can't do shit. It's interesting that you argue that the problem is that they can suppress more than one squad and not that they suppress fast not that they do. They only suppress more than one squad if you blob + don't use cover and rush mindless into the enemy, you still have time to run away because they suppress much slower than an mg.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2011, 07:10:15 pm »

*facepalm*
Yet, the point stands, that within the EIR environment the ability to do so much with one click of a button is a bit too much. Changing it to one squad makes the user think more carefully of how to deploy it.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2011, 07:32:20 pm »

They can't suppress units in heavy cover and grenades + mg is usually enough to counter them.

So you are proposing that i bring even more troops with grenades and mgs that take even more pop mu and mp to counter 1 bar ?

what if allied player has 4 bars ?  i need 6 mg and 8 grenade squads?

You are contradicting your own point of blobbing

Mindless blobbing cqb is also one click and you think it should be rewarded?

Blobbing is not 1 'i win' button ability that is specific to only 1 unit in whole eir on a mass spam cheap platform which are rifleman

It's interesting that you argue that the problem is that they can suppress more than one squad and not that they suppress fast not that they do.

Because 1 bar of 80 MU can suppress and pin axis ammount of inf for 600+ MP and additional MU if they are upgraded.
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2011, 08:02:14 pm »

nug, your going a bit over the top. Stop just throwing absurd scenarios into the equation and expect people to take them at face value. Just present an argue with merits in and of itself and be done...

Also, try and avoid the quote/rebut style of argumentation. It becomes quite annoying after a while.

PQ
kainhall Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2011, 08:36:14 pm »

dont take SF away. that would make the INF doc completaly pointless. the US inf was trained to supress then flank.

i have only had SF pin one unit, unless its in a retard blob. when they blob they should kill them selfs, as its jsut a bad thing with or without SF.

even if i tell 3 squads with SF to do the ability all at once agenst a 5 squads it only pins one and supresses the othjer before i get flanked and naded to hell.

this abilty is the CORE OF THE USA ARMY! with out it your going to piss off a lot more allied players.

USA inf cant not stand up to any german inf. mabey teh very basic volks with no upgrades.

the bar may be a upgrade over the m1 garand, but unless you buff the SHIT OUT OF IT. faster reloads, faster fire rate, better accurcey, mroe of them in a single upgrade. its just unfair.

the german mp40 upgrade givs the whole squad mp-40s, same with teh STG. keep it the same. its not OP at all. especalyl wit hteh bvery long cool down. you onyl get to use it once per squad, then it ahs liek a 3 min cool down. by that time the squad is usually down to its last man...or dead!
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2011, 09:08:40 pm »

I actually agree that the BAR SF is fine as is. It makes up for the .30cal and lack of LMG's and Nebel.

The BAR already suffers lack of damage when it is in SF mode and it requires careful micro so successfully suppress multiple squads unless the enemy is blobbing.

I think the BAR is fine.

What is not fine is how superior a BAR Rifle squad is compared to G43 PGrens for less Manpower and slightly more Munitions.

If you think that charging a squad with 2 LMGs that is in cover and winning is a good thing you are not looking for balance, you are looking at it like this, "I paid X for a situational weapon that I think I should be able to use all the time."

Got guys set up for CQB? Then use Smoke to prevent the BARs from suppressing, run in, throw nades, move in cover, kill.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 09:14:25 pm by AmPM » Logged

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2011, 02:05:34 am »

None of the axis tools have Smoke nades. Other than Blitzkrieg tier 1 from tanks and mortar.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc