Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 04:18:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tank Reapers  (Read 24188 times)
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: February 15, 2011, 11:49:07 pm »

Whats the current settings of TR? i thought i read somewhere that it was changed, but in game it still has the regular settings it has been listed?

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 11:52:46 pm »

The launcher never gets updated when I'm away

Tank Reapers changed to + 25% Pen, 20% Acc, 15% Damage on ATGs
                                      + 15% Pen, Acc & Damage on Bazooka
                                      + 25% Penetration on Jumbo
                                      + 25% Penetration and Damage on Stickies

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 01:09:23 am »

The launcher never gets updated when I'm away

Tank Reapers changed to + 25% Pen, 20% Acc, 15% Damage on ATGs
                                      + 15% Pen, Acc & Damage on Bazooka
                                      + 25% Penetration on Jumbo
                                      + 25% Penetration and Damage on Stickies

and +25% damage on engineer mines.

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 01:12:03 am »

As if everyone with Tank Reapers uses engineer mines  Roll Eyes

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 02:00:19 am »

its just an option, like you can use tank reapers and never use the jumbo or ranger and use it just for the at gun and sticky bonuses.

although the jumbo bonuses make 'em rock. zook doesn't seem to do much vs tanks but are awesome vs light vehicles and of course ATGS rock.

haven't tried the mines dont really have a TR coy anymore Sad

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 03:39:53 am »

Meh, TR isn't the same without the bazooka buffs, whoopie it still kills Light vehicles.. that's what it was meant for.. not being able to seriously threaten a tank... even the old ones didn't reliably penetrate the front of tanks.  If the ATG part was the bad part with it stacking on AP rounds, nerf that portion of it, still miss the old bazooka part.  Jumbo penetration is pretty cool, but rather go up the free SMG line and the mobile cover bonuses that provides with a sturdy assault tank any day.

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 04:06:59 am »

I just can't withhold my anger towards any post in which it is said the old TR zooks were "fine".

No, having double panzershreks for 80 mun on every ranger squad was not "Fine" and to claim that it was is simply preposterous.

Of course they're weaker now. That's the point of a NERF. To make things weaker. Can you please stop crying about the new TR zooks being weaker?

lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 04:13:14 am »

They weren't guarenteed shrek hits on the front of tanks, but it didn't result in silly things like bouncing 9+ shots off the back of a stug with the current bazooka stats (not the current TR stats). It was barely borderline before, and they pretty much got a 50% nerf from their old stats, which means they won't cut it for Tank Fighting, and if not... and if they're just meant for vehicles, may as well pass TR and go another doctrine as bazookas have no problems doing that.  I have no issues fighting PE or blowing up ATGs or pumas and stuff with them as they are without even having TR.

Old TR was OP in that people complained of losing tanks to 2 shots from an AP round ATG with AP rounds. Yeah, that was a bit crazy.. you know taking 50% life off a panther in one shot, pretty damn powerful and I agree it needed to be nerfed there, but the bazookas were fine as is. If anything maybe not the damage as they get good dmg modifers against axis tanks, but the penetration and most definitely the accuracy is what they need.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 04:14:34 am »

TR zooks are so weak! I want my TR zooks to go in a curve  around the enemy tank so they always hit the rear. Call it heat seeking trollzooks.

lol lionel, zooks bouncing off rear stug.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 04:15:57 am »

I've personally experienced it Leo with the old TR zooks bouncing off a stug, which proceeded to powerslide and suppress the rangers who had it surrounded. So don't you say it doesn't happen.  Just as I've seen plenty of times of Sticky Bombs 'missing' though some people insist it can never ever happen, or seeing an AP round ATG bounce off a King Tiger several times in a row.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 04:18:17 am »

Anyone who cries about paying 80mu for AT capabilities on an elite platform with fire up should be ashamed of themselves.

Good players will find a way to flank enemy tanks, rather than rush zooks head on.

Jumbo pen alone is a good reason to get this t4. ATG bonus is still insanely good for your average rifle + atg coy.

More damage on mines is new to me. It's really frustrating that these stats AREN'T in the launcher. If i'd have known, I would have kept my inf company and worked harder on it.

P.S. I've never seen zooks bounce off the back of anything ever, lul
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 04:19:59 am »

I've personally experienced it Leo with the old TR zooks bouncing off a stug, which proceeded to powerslide and suppress the rangers who had it surrounded. So don't you say it doesn't happen.  Just as I've seen plenty of times of Sticky Bombs 'missing' though some people insist it can never ever happen, or seeing an AP round ATG bounce off a King Tiger several times in a row.

And I've seen the Kraken mate with a unicorn while the Loch Ness monster was leading a Conga line of Martians.
True story.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 04:21:42 am »

Spinn do you not even bother to READ?  This isn't a damn always penetrating frontal thing, this is the back of a damn stug and having 3 squads all bounce 2 volleys.. so whats that.. 6 zooks x 2 being 12 shots. So yes, I've seen it and it's semi-reliable with the old TR stats.  Still bounced off the front of a Tiger or something unless you still got lucky.

Not complaining about the ATG, Jumbo pen. is indeed good for a pershing with whatever it comes out to be stat wise (what a 76mm sherman or whatnot?).

And I will assume you've always never seen a sticky miss or AP rounds bounce off KTs? Because I can assure it, it can and does happen, despite your attempt to disbelieve  Grin
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 04:25:38 am »

this is the back of a damn stug and having 3 squads all bounce 2 volleys.. so whats that.. 6 zooks x 2 being 12 shots. So yes, I've seen it

Refer to me having seen the Kraken and the Unicorn thing. It didn't happen. You are lieing.

Still bounced off the front of a Tiger or something unless you still got lucky.
Ah, so the issue here is that you want your bazookas to be able to take out Tigers from the front with no effort at all. Should of said so from the get go so we could of lol'ed and carried on with our lives.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 04:28:19 am »

Got the replay still of it happening and PLENTY of witnesses, alas the actual battle file is lost.

And Mys what the heck are you smoking? You're throwing your own stupid argument in when I have never said I wanted them to penetrate from the front.  Old stats they didn't always penetrate from the front, you had to get really lucky or be in a building and a shot fly over the tank and hit it in the ass to even get a hit.  Old TRs suited them just fine in flanking and gave you a tiny chance of dealing with something from the front as opposed to zero chance.  So explain to me how 'It still bounces' can be construed as me wanting to have them go from being borderline to needing to be buffed to always penetrate from the front? Please explain to me your understanding of the english language and what my meaning is in that sentence.  It bounced quite enough before with old TR, now it's bouncing even more now.  Pretty different than a heat-seaking rear shot (which I don't see how it's hitting rear shots from the front with heat seaking tendencies...) or the old RRs with massive penetration that put TRs to shame.

So Mys wake the fuck up - pardon my language - and stop trying to want to make zooks into something they aren't.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 04:32:42 am by lionel23 » Logged
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2011, 04:30:18 am »

zooks have x5 pen multiplier for rear armour stug. penetration vs skirt stug is 0.24.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2011, 04:35:04 am »

Point being? The chance is not zero.  It's like rolling a six-sided dice and saying you can never roll say a "one" 10 times in a row.  Unlikely, but it can happen, as the probability of things happen isn't dependent on the previous roll.  I've had a flame HT instant kill a full health Ranger squad on the first split burst, killing all 6 guys, and I've had Flame HTs roast a ranger squad for a full minute and not lose any guy or take any damage.  As well as see the amazing 'miss' sticky that flies into the horizon to join God's word in spreading the joys of the composite TNT sock.. ^^
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2011, 04:37:29 am »

Convenient, isn't it? That every time I call you out on a ridiculous statement like that there's plenty of witnessses, and you have a replay but never the battlefile Smiley.

Old TRs suited them just fine in flanking and gave you a tiny chance of dealing with something from the front as opposed to zero chance.

0 * any modifier will still always equal zero.
Therefore, there is chance to beat a tank frontally even with regular bazookas.

Rather than stating silly, extremely questionable happenings as the norm as to why the TR bazooka buffs should be reverted how about you provide some actual calculations and number-crunching? You know. Stuff like FACTS?

0.24*5 is = 1.2 chance of penetration. That means you're stating you've rolled a 7 on a 6-sided dice 12 times in a row.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2011, 04:56:42 am »

lionel u disappoint me.

I thought you wanted to be in the balance team.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2011, 04:58:49 am »

Leo finds your lack of faith disturbing lionel.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc