Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 05:06:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The New Axis Spam  (Read 12049 times)
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2011, 01:06:51 pm »

Problem is not HE rounds; its double repairs. Both blits and armor gets it, and it needs to be looked at. At the moment, it significantly increases the cost effectiveness of all vehicles you purchase making it by far one of the most cost effective unlocks in the game next to items like a triage.

HE rounds is great but it has its limitations. The shells have horrible accuracy because they tend to explode even before hitting their target. If an object stands before you and your target, the HE rounds will blow up on that object. Thus, HE rounds suffer significantly when there is a great deal of obstacles between you and the infantry. In my mind, this is a large draw back that balances the shell out. I've played games where I used my HE rounds versus games where I did not use my HE rounds (on a 75mm Sherman) My kill rate were relatively similar 2/2 games in a row.

Bottom line: there are far more hazardous things out there than the HE rounds that make US armor ro WH Blitz so powerful.

PQ

Common sense is not so common after all.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2011, 01:25:15 pm »

A note on double repairs.

As far as company buffing unlocks go it is only really effective on Tiger/Panther builds.

Double repair upgraded P4's cost a whopping 230 munitions for a tank that still loses to an M10.

STuG's it's even worse on.

Mysthalin, Volks grenades works, but it's not the whole defensive doctrine. Defensive Doctrine as a whole, sucks ass. Blitz offers more and better, Terror is not implemented.

Elite Armor Grens are about the ONLY Axis infantry that can win a shooting match vs Allied infantry that costs less....

BigDick
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2011, 01:31:12 pm »

i actually don't know tiger players that use double repair

repair on heavy tanks take very very long and if you play to win double repair makes your team loose

two good supported and well microed tigers and pershings last long enough or going down quick enough to make double repairs not worth it especially because you pay for both repair and for second even more than for first one
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2011, 02:06:45 pm »

HE Pershings shouldnt be able to kill PAKs so quickly, they often 1 shot it, PAKs should be a counter to the Pershing, not the other way around.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2011, 02:19:16 pm »

gotta agree with skaffa all you people been saying Oh just combined at beats an HE pershing, will obviously if yer a cmopetant allied player yer gunna combine at on yer own pershing, So if you creep atgs along with yer HE pershing what can kill it? any pak rolls up, HE 1 shots it, Marders or 50mls? Atgs rape thier face, ONTOP OF the fact HE rounds already rape marders and LVs in about 2 shots. So wheres the logic the counters to the HE pershing and suddenly negated. Dont put a situation for yourself and then dont consider it for your own so your argument sounds more viable and better then everyone else.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 02:20:51 pm by 8thRifleRegiment » Logged

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2011, 02:21:21 pm »

BigDick: I run dual Reps because Stormies are terribad, as are most Blitz Doc unlocks. For a few more Muni's I can repair a Tiger after an M10 rush or if it hits a mine or some random shit.

It's worth the extra Muni to counter so many things with an extra repair.

Also, what else am I going to spend it on? Schreks? LOL

All my infantry already has LMGs and Medkits. Nothing else is needed.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2011, 02:45:21 pm »

HE Pershings shouldnt be able to kill PAKs so quickly, they often 1 shot it, PAKs should be a counter to the Pershing, not the other way around.

'

u know how  many times i've seen tigers one hit at guns? and kt's, jagdpanthers used to be notorius for 2 shotting atgs

maybe atgs and paks need to be upped to 4 men each .

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2011, 03:28:30 pm »

tym.. all i ever have to say is *facepalm*
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2011, 03:52:11 pm »

Blitzkrieg (Non Tiger Focused Joint Ops Company) Grob88mm
30 wins 4 draws 2 losses

Who needs Tiger builds, Joint Ops all the way Grin

Lets say it straight. Tiger is the shittiest heavy tank in EIRR, not only that it is inaccurate it is also slow and will cry if its engine is blown up by some random sticky. Its moving accuracy makes one want to tear it to pieces and straggle its commander. It might become viable with Tank Aces but that's about it without everything it is le shite vehicle.

As said previously, it isn't the tiger that is the trouble, it is Tiger's support. 2x M10s will fuck up a unsupported Tiger anyday, hell a JEEP and a M10 will fuck up a Tiger any day or Armor M10 with extra LoS. 40 range Tiger vs 45 Range M10 while kiting. You'll never get a shot off olololo
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 01:45:49 am by NightRain » Logged

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2011, 03:57:18 pm »

hahaha
COHCommando Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2011, 04:22:58 pm »

had to face 4 tigers all with dual repairs and are either vet 2 to 3 was a fun game because we killed ampm vet 3 tiger and by the way this wouldnt be called spam its just 4 units back uped with units very easible to counter plus it helps with hicks to have 8 squads of rangers with zooks on the the field but this is not spam compared to the allies at all actually a break through for the axis finding a why to defeat the allies
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2011, 04:24:20 pm »

oh and elite armor grens. maybe grens period, nerf grens! give them bars!
COHCommando Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2011, 04:28:09 pm »

they arent that differcult to take out its called easy mode bar suppression and then dead unless they are smart which is highly unlikey,to support them fire beats all
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2011, 04:48:25 pm »

lmao exactly, tym why dont you play allies like everyone else. Just one buton easy modes.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2011, 04:54:57 pm »

I say that the only way to fix the problome of 1 side being better than the other is to make the both sides 100% the same and them people will shut the fuck up about this shit.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2011, 04:56:46 pm »

I say that the only way to fix the problome of 1 side being better than the other is to make the both sides 100% the same and them people will shut the fuck up about this shit.

No they will not,  someone will find an excuse that the other guys unit was better Grin

90% of 'balance' is not needed - it's the whiners and rage balance posters that need to l2p , true story.

for example  , atg sniping atg is a viable tactic,  it's the 'real life' and those that get pwned whiners that want it nerfed ( i could also say  'why atg is sniping tanks?!'  in real life it would surely miss !)

Same was with pak cloak(cloak was available for all paks) 3 years ago,  the whining force was too strong and defenders of real gameplay got overwhelmed (think of sparta)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 05:02:54 pm by nugnugx » Logged

TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2011, 05:11:20 pm »

for example  , atg sniping atg is a viable tactic,  it's the 'real life' and those that get pwned whiners that want it nerfed ( i could also say  'why atg is sniping tanks?!'  in real life it would surely miss !)

i dont have any problomes with atguns sniping my atguns but my problome is that when an single atgun is sniping my whole tankbuster squad with 100% acc, sure it is rare but it should not happen.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2011, 05:42:33 pm »

It's the current game, due to Blitz being the most powerful Wehr faction atm. You need to understand where the current game is at and tailor your company towards it, otherwise you're going to struggle.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2011, 05:51:09 pm »

+1 to spinn, thats the point im trying to get across, as the doctrines change, the game changes. As ive noticed almost 80% of allied coys these days stack up on atgs to counter the heavy tanks Ie Panther and Tiger. Its all about adjusting to the new metagame. But sometimes theres things that shouldnt change the metagame becuase its just retarded, like the huge imbalance between the good allied doc stuff Vs the good axis doc stuff.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2011, 05:55:22 pm »

Are you saying that good axis stuff doesn't compare to good allied stuff or the other way around? I'd say Axis are taking the cake for most powerful units, whereas allies have good synergy with doctrine choices, making all of their units more effective, which is the way it's always been, right?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc