Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:13:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 16, 2024, 09:46:19 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting so many different errors while trying to play EIR  (Read 3234 times)
olovk Offline
EIR Regular

« on: February 27, 2011, 06:08:08 pm »

Hi folks, I've come to understand EIR is one of the best COH expansions out there and I really wanna give it a try.

I have to say though, the user friendliness surely could improve to new users. I've tried now for about 40 minutes to get it to work.

1. I download the game, install it. Works fine.
2. The AutoUpdater says "can't download file list. please try again later". Searching forums, finding that I have to be admin. Now works. Why not put that in the error message?
3. Getting the login screen. Clicking the large banner to "Register an account". I do that, get the email, click the validation link. The forum says "Warning! This post seems to be unavailable or off limits to you.". Uh, OK.
4. Then I find the "Register for the Launcher". I put a new account in there, but all it says is "please confirm your entries!". Well, I have. Evidently that error message means "That profile name is already taken" or so, cause it worked when I tried with another accountname.
5. When I log in with this newly created account, I learn that I should have used the same account name as my Relic Online profile.
6. Go back and create a new account. Getting the "please confirm your entries!" error again. Trying again - works.
7. I click "Back to company" in the Launcher. Now suddenly there is some other players name in there, a wehrmacht rank 12 player, I've never had one of those.
8. Launcher crashes.
9. I go meh for a while.
10. Trying to start again, the autoupdater says all is fine, click Launch. Nothing happens.

I love the idea of persistency creating your own company, and I love COH, so I haven't give up or anything.

But I can see how many new players just don't bother when their first experience is a pretty good number of misleading error messages, and it would be a shame to lose any potential new players to a game already this small.

Thank you
vargbilen
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 06:22:09 pm by olovk » Logged
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 06:59:18 pm »

I have no idea what it is that you are doing. It sounds as if you have everything set up correctly.

We do have tutorials for this kind of thing, but the links are inside the launcher for the most part.

Start at "Step 1 Signing into Europe in Ruins" and read it through or watch the youtube tutorial and then see if it gets you past your problem.

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?board=44.0

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 07:01:29 pm »

I havnt got a single one of those issues when I started 1.5-2.5 years ago, thats unfortunate that all that has happened. I guess they devs will try to fix those issues so any new players can start off better with less issues.

Thanks for posting that post sir vargbilen, but heres a tip. EiR is hard some people WILL be mad at you for being new, some will not and try to help you. Just ignore and strive to be the best you can be and learn.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 08:28:09 pm »

register for launcher link on login screen should link to http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=11024.0
and all is fixed.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 02:57:46 am »

Please Confirm your Entries! You have to click it again in order for it to accept it :p afterwards you can use it fine.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc