Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 02:39:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bring back Attack and Defend.  (Read 21499 times)
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2011, 09:27:55 am »

why would mine spam be weak link in chain? it's not like u need to call it if you are attacking...
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2011, 09:57:17 am »

why would mine spam be weak link in chain? it's not like u need to call it if you are attacking...

You're, right. Bad example.

If you never know if you are attacking or defending, you would need to create a company capable of both. This would mean, more often than not, you would need to build a more balanced company.
You could try and go for a gimmick, but more than likely that gimmick is only going to work with one or the other. So your chances of winning are cut by 50% before you even start to play. ( assuming equal random attack/defend )

Everybody is asking for more variety in the game. This option is the easy answer. Every match you must adapt your play style to the conditions chosen at random.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2011, 11:24:53 am »

Can one of you Clarify what a 'Balanced Company' is?

All I keep hearing "I run balanced company!" "You should have a balanced company!" but I have no clue nor idea WHAT a balanced company IS!

There are no balanced Companies in EIRR that's what it is. You have 6 Shermans, its your armor themed company: Sherman spam. You run tons of rangers and your coy is elite infantry based. Ranger spam. You run a infantry company with heavy ammount of infantry and support weapons etc. Roflspam.

Honestly, spam company can deal both. Defence and attack. Volks and Stugs, rifles and M10s. Everything are good in defence and attack. StuGs and volks for example: Offensive power, Defencive power. Is there much of a difference will that build stand still or attack other than penalties in accuracy etc. In short: 'Spam' company has equal chances in standing on ground like as in attack.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2011, 02:45:19 pm »

no spam = eirr will die

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2011, 05:57:42 pm »

no spam = eirr will die

At most times there are less than a dozen people in the launcher. ( weekends are an exception )
I would not say EiR is dead, but something needs to change soon if it wants to be any thing more than a very small group of enthusiasts private play ground.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2011, 11:35:10 pm »

well thats my theory.

i believe in theory, if there was no spam, every company would be similar and it will become boring
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2011, 12:05:33 am »

You're, right. Bad example.

If you never know if you are attacking or defending, you would need to create a company capable of both. This would mean, more often than not, you would need to build a more balanced company.
You could try and go for a gimmick, but more than likely that gimmick is only going to work with one or the other. So your chances of winning are cut by 50% before you even start to play. ( assuming equal random attack/defend )

Everybody is asking for more variety in the game. This option is the easy answer. Every match you must adapt your play style to the conditions chosen at random.

OR, the better option. Attack when attacking, attack when defending. There is no reason you should be happy only having as many sectors as you do.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2011, 12:19:45 am »

eir needs updates and all factions.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2011, 01:04:45 am »

We just need EiRRMod Tongue

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2011, 02:27:55 am »

None could answer the question what a 'balanced company' really is?

Thought so.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2011, 02:37:39 am »

Balanced Company = Able to fight AI and AT threats.  Problem solved.

Some companies are impossible to be 'balanced'.  Example my US infantry or any infantry player for that matter, with the major nerf to TR I would never use US Inf to counter armor unless it was a swarm tactic.

My US is strictly AI, and it deals solely with killing infantry based threats while I let a much better player do the AT game.

With my brits, its hands-down the best anti-armor company I ever ran, close to my old TR company or my minespam company.  Sucks super balls against infantry though, and is REALLY tight on infantry squads that can't go toe to toe with most german infantry squads if they have any decent AI capability.

My Wehr company I would consider the most balanced.  30 squads of Grenadiers, 11 shreks and about 15 LMGs (and all 30 grens with medkits and Elite Armor), 2 Tigers with double repairs and a Panzer 4 counters all threats well enough for me.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 02:39:57 am by lionel23 » Logged

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2011, 02:43:51 am »

Thought so.

not your company, gtfo, it's soooo OP I can't fight it hax!
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2011, 02:47:29 am »

But I play axis! Nooooo! =*(
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2011, 03:02:22 am »

My StuG/Volk company does the same. It counters both armor and Infantry.

So According to Lionel's theory Mysthalin's 28 volk company is a balanced company because it has both the AT and AI.

Lionel having both AI and AT is so called balanced company? That doesn't really make any sense
BigDick
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2011, 03:10:24 am »

Thought so.

6 AT guns 2 HE pershings 5 M8 a bunch of rifles with bars

balanced - enough AT and enough AI
BigDick
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2011, 03:18:58 am »

My Wehr company I would consider the most balanced.  30 squads of Grenadiers, 11 shreks and about 15 LMGs (and all 30 grens with medkits and Elite Armor), 2 Tigers with double repairs and a Panzer 4 counters all threats well enough for me.

bring it on i would love to fight that with my croc / m8 spam company  Cheesy
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2011, 09:22:34 am »

Thought so.

Perhaps you would like to enlighten us with your definition.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2011, 01:29:38 pm »

My StuG/Volk company does the same. It counters both armor and Infantry.

So According to Lionel's theory Mysthalin's 28 volk company is a balanced company because it has both the AT and AI.

Lionel having both AI and AT is so called balanced company? That doesn't really make any sense

Technically it would, and that was why the faust nerf when it because it was too effective against infantry and tanks, lol.

And as everyone who is listing their companies, they're all pretty balanced, so as Tank130 says, why don't you tell us what a balanced company in your mind is?  There are no mirror untis, so an MG/mortar is way, way more effective under germans than it is under allies, as well as allied armies being more infantry-focused than axis-armor companies... so please enlighten us.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2011, 01:40:48 pm »

I think the concept of a balanced company has more to do with peoples views of your composition within the constraints of your available units and reason.

Similar to the Composition score used in tabletop wargaming.

So a company that is made up of 2-3 unit types is not a balanced company, whereas a company with 5-7 is.

To illustrate, a spam company of only Volks and STuGs is not a balanced company as far as composition goes. However a company with Volks, Schrek Grens, HMGs, Mortars, PaKs, STuGs and P4's is.

It is also more interesting to play with and against.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2011, 01:48:10 pm »

Perhaps, but my point I think would be if we went down that path of restricting company builds and forcing you to field units, we'll need to introduce mirror balancing, because there is no way I should be forced to waste resources on useless US MGs and Mortars and to a lesser extent ATGs; whileas if I were British, my entire army would compose of Vickers as it is hands down the best allied and hell best MG of any faction with instant suppression.  Also, the Wehr mortar does crazy suppression and has a longer range than the US mortar (which has terrible accuracy due to shorter accuracy ranges, as well as not having suppression).

That would be the only solution I see if we went this path.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc