Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 05:21:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PE] SE PIV IST  (Read 12384 times)
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« on: March 11, 2011, 05:13:49 pm »

SE Long range distruction + Mobile platforms gives the IST +5 range and moving lockdown.

The moving lockdown already was really powerful but with the extra range it is plain OP.

I suggest to change these doctrine abilities to separate lockdowns each. one for the extra range, one for moving lockdown.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 08:49:17 pm by LeoPhone » Logged
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 05:15:28 pm »

The ist has a range of 30, not 35.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 05:21:03 pm »

kk.
post edited.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 06:07:28 pm »

The speed of the lockdown has been decreased in the latest patch.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 06:09:32 pm »

Well the +5 range has been a vet 3 bonus for the IST for a while.  When u bring in long range destruction it gives u the potential to have a 40 range IST only while lockeddown, the range most tank guns have in the game.  The other buff long range destruction gives to ISTs is +10 range to inc shot, which again gives the IST to ability to reach out and touch something at 40 range so I am guess the theme was to create a 40 range IST.  The speed decrease of the IST in lockdown should help allied inf a bit but i'd also be fine with taking off the +5 range bonus from Vet 3.  Maybe increased acceleration instead?
pandaExpress Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 06:46:20 pm »

ist +5 range at vet 3 dosent work i tested it with sean same range as vet 0

they tell me i'm weird i tell them their normal
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 08:02:39 pm »

it doesn't matter, moving it down to 3.0 it's still too fast because it can still chase down infantry, who i think have about the same speed as a moving ist. it was hard to beat with just the 30 range, the +5 makes it insane.

what happened to no range buffs to tanks?

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
pandaExpress Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 08:16:09 pm »

if it cant chase inf whats the whole point of moveing lockdown?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 10:42:10 pm »

if it cant chase inf whats the whole point of moveing lockdown?

there's a difference between chasing infantry and out right chasing them down without them having a chance of getting away. If u get caught by a moving ist + range boost, most of the time that infantry unit is done. it either dies or u run away.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2011, 12:43:18 am »

I dont see anything wrong with that, Its a double T3 that mainly buffs one unit. Bring some more AT to counter them then.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 01:08:22 am »

I dont see anything wrong with that, Its a double T3 that mainly buffs one unit. Bring some more AT to counter them then.

+1

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 05:46:35 am »

you play as allies lately? atg's dont work dude, i usually have to bring firefly's or m-10's because if i bring atg's, then he either hits it with flammens, which still have soldier armor so brens and bars if u dont use suppression suck against them, or he just lobs a flame round at it and it melts the crew.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 06:12:28 am »

you play as allies lately? atg's dont work dude, i usually have to bring firefly's or m-10's because if i bring atg's, then he either hits it with flammens, which still have soldier armor so brens and bars if u dont use suppression suck against them, or he just lobs a flame round at it and it melts the crew.

Where is Combined arms nowadays? You know, Brits have machineguns too you know? They come with a instant suppression fire that even suppresses troops in heavy cover? PE struggles vs MGs and ATGs, add in a bren or two and boom. Only a heavy clowncar flank or stukas will get rid of that Grin MG = 3 pop ATG = 5 pop. Brensquad (1 or 2) 5/10 pop. IST 12, Flammens 1/2 5/10 pop. Which means. 12/17 pop vs 17/22 pop.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2011, 06:21:06 am »

Yer combined arms Tym, or bring on some heavy churchills or pershings. SE have little or nothing buffing its AT capabilities
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2011, 06:48:12 am »

Where is Combined arms nowadays? You know, Brits have machineguns too you know? They come with a instant suppression fire that even suppresses troops in heavy cover? PE struggles vs MGs and ATGs, add in a bren or two and boom. Only a heavy clowncar flank or stukas will get rid of that Grin MG = 3 pop ATG = 5 pop. Brensquad (1 or 2) 5/10 pop. IST 12, Flammens 1/2 5/10 pop. Which means. 12/17 pop vs 17/22 pop.

lol u dont think i use the hmgs? the flammens rape 'em dude. when was the last time u played as allies? i always see u on axis accounts, dont try to tell me what to do and u dont even play the faction. Flammens have no issues vs hmgs, they still have soldier armor and the flame + mp44's do short work of hmgs, u dont think i've tried this? Same thing with buttoning the ist, if u use a tommy bren, 1, it can still shoot 2-3 shots, 2 i've buttoned an ist and in LOCKDOWN, it's backed out of it, this has happened twice, with both the carrier and tommy version.

Yer combined arms Tym, or bring on some heavy churchills or pershings. SE have little or nothing buffing its AT capabilities

i dont do churchs or pershings. SE doesn't need at buffing lol if u spam flams and ists, you have plenty left over for marders. use the flams and ists to take out atgs and the marders run free.

i'm not saying i cant beat it ffs, all i'm pointing out is that it's a very strong dual t3, much more than a lot of t4's. The range buff needs to go, thats all i want, simple enough because, well, no other tank gets range buffs

i coulda sworn this was supposed to be a design decision "we wont be having any more doctrinal range buffs, it breaks the meta game" yet its okay on the ist lol

and yes the croc sherm gets one as well, u can take that out too, i dont care.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2011, 07:10:25 am »

If you don't like Range buffs on niche units wait till you see the proposed AVRE buff. I shudder just thinking about someone actually wanting me to have access to that.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2011, 07:12:23 am »

proposed AVRE buff

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2011, 07:13:22 am »

Well Tym, I love British HMGs and I play with every single faction in game. check US leaderboards the sniper section, mah snipers sit there with a proud medal. I don' think I have any vet units with my british company because I use it quite suicidally so- either way:

Bren, MG, ATG. Difficult to comeby. You'd have to fail to have your MG killed with its insta suppression fire. Even vs Airborne Armor that flammens have. Brensquad, or Bren MMG + ATG + Vickers = win combo. If they rush in with a tank, button, mg pins the inc infantry. You are only fuck'd if you get flanked or have your MG in a building.

Besides look at P4 IST, it is one of the shite tanks. Its got short range so it can not kite. It has to be in close range to pop its shots. ATGs, brens, stickies those all stop it dead in its tracks.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2011, 07:27:10 am »

Because of where the Main Cannon hard point is on the P4 IST it is the 2nd last weapon to be diabled in Button. If the tank gets close enough it will still kill your ATG most likely. Of course when you double the range of said tank it's pretty easy to avoid
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2011, 07:47:22 am »

Because of where the Main Cannon hard point is on the P4 IST it is the 2nd last weapon to be diabled in Button. If the tank gets close enough it will still kill your ATG most likely. Of course when you double the range of said tank it's pretty easy to avoid

lol thank you. all i feel is the +5 range needs to go, it makes it too strong.

If you don't like Range buffs on niche units wait till you see the proposed AVRE buff. I shudder just thinking about someone actually wanting me to have access to that.

IST and AVRE range buffs are totally different. One is an artillery type unit, the other is a constant fire unit.

Same as getting range buffs on any arty unit, it helps u keep it alive, rather than make it better at killing.

Put a +5 range buff on a sherman, p4, panther, tiger, pershing and watch how it just makes the unit better.

anyone remember +5 range p4s? everyone had p4's, and they spammed 'em mercilessly , just like ists' are being spammed now. they used to rarely be used and now you see 'em every game.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 07:49:04 am by Tymathee » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc