Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:00:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 25, 2024, 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi All  (Read 3955 times)
jtf2psycho Offline
EIR Regular

« on: March 28, 2011, 04:55:15 pm »

Sorry never even introduced myself in one of those Hi Im new to the site threads.. lol

Anyhoo, I have just realised this exists, my thoughts are, I know some folk who had ArmA2 via steam and had a complete nightmare getting it going with no steam mods.

Is this the same as my COH and all addons are from steam

So I have played hours of COHO online and the original so keen to get going with a mod also. If there are issues with steam and an addon requiring some tweaking then I would seriously appreciate some help on this

cheers

TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 04:58:15 pm »

COHO online and the original

Welcome and i hope you the wery best of the best and the best of the best in the best of best stuff so gl and have fun.

I hate helping people
that dont own the game and waist my time.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 05:29:28 pm by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 04:58:54 pm »

As far as I know no issues just make sure you install into your /companyofheroes directory.

This mod has a VERY steep learning curve BTW, people always will pull you down.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
jtf2psycho Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 01:55:56 pm »

lol @ Iceland maniac, you live up to your name, top welcome to the site indeed, ta :-)

Dark, I tried to install into both the default and into the steam folder, however the updater called me a dumbass (lol) as I hadnt pointed to the folder. STEAM has issues man !!!!

So I did try but to no avail...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\company of heroes\Company of Heroes

thats the directory but the updater doesnt seem to entertain it really so further advice welcome.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 02:06:56 pm »

lol @ Iceland maniac, you live up to your name, top welcome to the site indeed, ta :-)

Dark, I tried to install into both the default and into the steam folder, however the updater called me a dumbass (lol) as I hadnt pointed to the folder. STEAM has issues man !!!!

So I did try but to no avail...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\company of heroes\Company of Heroes

thats the directory but the updater doesnt seem to entertain it really so further advice welcome.

Most likely you have the mod one folder too deep, try ctrl x+ctrl v the files one tier up.

This is because the installer is a dumbass.

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 02:07:59 pm »

People never seem to learn that the same folder as CoH actually means the same folder as CoH! Hope this picture helps.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
jtf2psycho Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 02:08:18 pm »

Ok so I managed to install, thanks for the screen, if you see mine it made a new coh folder, I just moved the files from there into the main file, so thank you, if i didnt see the folder I would continue to be wondering lol

Anyways another issue is that when I login and goto enter relic name, I enter the one for the forum etc and it asks for faction, I cant get past this!

ANy ideas ... I think the downloader was right in regards to dumbass lol
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 02:14:25 pm »

Anyways another issue is that when I login and goto enter relic name, I enter the one for the forum etc and it asks for faction, I cant get past this!

First off, why did you enter your forum name when it clearly states relic name? And you have to provide more information, why can you not get past the doctrine selection screen?

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 09:09:50 pm »

I will try to address this issue with the installer after the Warmap.

Sorry its been this way for so long - I choose a certain installer app that allows installing all the pre-requisites easily, but failed on the 'Install to' section it seems =/

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc