Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:14:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More basic infantry?  (Read 13365 times)
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« on: April 28, 2011, 10:16:38 am »

Quote from: elitegren
Well the question remains, why do we want to see huge masses of upgraded infantry? I already seem to miss vanilla infantry battling it out.

Going by Elitegrens thought i had also an idea , why not be able to have more basic infantry ?

There could be less limits on basic inf like rifles tommies volks grens and pgrens   without any upgrades so you would see them more on field.  Maybe even a separate version could be made for every inf squad of them, that costs less MP and have less pool limitation without any upgrades and without ability to recrew weapons, they could also have a separate icon and be known as 'conscripts' or something like that. (vanilla stats would remain the same)

The point is to have more 'normal soldiers' , and not all running elite squads with rape guns.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 10:28:23 am by nugnugx » Logged

MeyeC Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 10:36:21 am »

That seems like a good idea.  I sometimes wish we simply have a slugout w/ infantry shooting at each other, slowly grinding their way through a town.

So how could we implement that?  I dont think you would see people use such an option because its usually better to upgrade inf if you can.  Perhaps it would be worth it to simply give every player a tab full of plain inf to call in at no cost to resources.  Then you would preserve balance and every one would use these guys.

Jokee Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 10:42:55 am »

without ability to recrew weapons

naah...that would suck...imagine in all the mess on the battlefield, you are trying to quickly revrew your recently deceased Flak 88 crew and the unit you have is this bloke infantry unit that cant crew your basic battlefield stuffs. Nah, not a good idea.
As for the rest, I think it would make a mess of things to make different pool values for infantry with and without upgrades cause you start building your platoon without them and add them as you battle and gain more munition. This way you would have a platoon that either has a lot of dummies infantry or few core infantry with guns, kinda like Soviet infantry in Enemy at the gates. You get the rifle, you dont get nothing. Now hurry up and go fight.

It would be nice though if you could sell your other pools and buy the pool you want to...although I can see that being a problem as people sell their infantry, support and vehicles and change it all to armor and then have too many tanks.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 10:53:11 am »

naah...that would suck...imagine in all the mess on the battlefield, you are trying to quickly revrew your recently deceased Flak 88 crew

Yea but you know in reality 90% of soldiers were normal dudes who got a gun and no training, so we could have some slight more realism that 'green' guys can only shoot , and the more experienced ones can do more (recrew weapons in this case)

This way you would have a platoon that either has a lot of dummies infantry or few core infantry with guns

Why you call them dummy inf ? They would be no different to current inf , you just wouldn't be able to buy  a bar upgrade or lmg on them.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 11:00:43 am »

Perhaps it would be worth it to simply give every player a tab full of plain inf to call in at no cost to resources.  Then you would preserve balance and every one would use these guys.

That's also an idea, wonder how it would work out.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 11:03:40 am »

without ability to recrew weapons

That's stupid. But there could be an upgrade to increase the squad size instead of that lmg. So for 20 ammo and 45 manpower you could get a 5 man grenadier. Doesn't have to be squad size it could be sprint or some other perk.

The problem is also that there are few things to spend munitions on. For example CW barely have anything to spend it on except infantry and WM has more uses for it.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 11:07:28 am »

make upgraded inf cost more battalion ppcost or wtfever it is now, and vanilla cost like 1, as apose to 3

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 11:09:11 am »

make upgraded inf cost more battalion ppcost or wtfever it is now, and vanilla cost like 1, as apose to 3

pool cost you mean ,  that could work also , but it has to be visible so nubz know about it.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 11:12:22 am »

meh, you do realise that basically if not all US Infantry Squads had a Bar man?  most even have a smg guy as well...

Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 11:33:41 am »

That's what they're currently doing with the warmap/pool costs. When it's released, pool value will depend on the upgrades a squad has.

Masses of unupgraded infantry is what I saw in OMG mod. I didn't like OMG mod. If you want tons of vanilla infantry fighting it out, then why don't you go play that.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 11:37:35 am »

meh, you do realise that basically if not all US Infantry Squads had a Bar man?  most even have a smg guy as well...

Indeed, and each Grenadier squad had an LMG, or if Panzergrenadiers they had 2 LMGs....

How about we just revert one simple thing back to bring more unupgraded infantry back in.

Change the Manpower cap back to 10k instead of 8k. Done.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 11:40:13 am »

if you really want that, make upgrades cost more so that they're more unique, then they'd only come in on special call ins. Thats the easiest way to do it.

more nades, fausts, stickies etc and less weapon upgrades, sounds like fun to me.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2011, 11:45:32 am »

lets just bring back eir, fuck eirr; lolz.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 11:47:06 am »

if you really want that, make upgrades cost more so that they're more unique, then they'd only come in on special call ins. Thats the easiest way to do it.

more nades, fausts, stickies etc and less weapon upgrades, sounds like fun to me.

Because then their cost would make them worthless compared to nade/assault spamming you moron.

They are already crap for the most part, and only purchased when all other MU is spent on useful required things.

Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2011, 11:47:27 am »

I like it how it is.

Surely I'm not the only one....
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 11:48:14 am »

Indeed, and each Grenadier squad had an LMG, or if Panzergrenadiers they had 2 LMGs....

How about we just revert one simple thing back to bring more unupgraded infantry back in.

Change the Manpower cap back to 10k instead of 8k. Done.

They also had fausts and single STG44 and G43, most only had a single LMG everyone else had rifles Cheesy

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Jokee Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 12:45:18 pm »

Yea but you know in reality 90% of soldiers were normal dudes who got a gun and no training

Naah dude...not really...everybody got training, even veteran comabt units were pulled back and trained again. Only the very end of war German units were recruited from Hitleryugendt or whatever its spelled like and even they were trained in basic use of German war equipment...

But if I was to find a common ground, I would say, okey, not everybody knows how to reload, aim and fire a flak 88 but everybody knows how to use MG42...so if it was flatout <no crew> it would kinda suck...
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 12:47:54 pm »

Just lower the muni resource.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 12:48:00 pm »

Indeed.

I am trained on the M4/M16, M249, M240, M2 .50, AT 4, M203.

That's the basic training for weapons in the US Army. I'm pretty sure the Armies of WW2 were not much different, with people knowing how to use all the basic equipment.

Hell, I could probably fire a Howi given the chance. Maybe not as accurate as a trained crew member though.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2011, 12:49:06 pm »

Think its just fine the way it is, leave it alone.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc