Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 03:25:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

by Bear
[October 02, 2024, 01:14:57 pm]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You Play Shogun 2!  (Read 28074 times)
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2011, 07:25:30 am »

how effective are ranged units? I know that in every total war series you would fire and fire and here and there a guy would drop dead  Roll Eyes

Archers can decimate any lightly armoured unit in closed formation. This can be avoided by putting the soldiers in loose formation, but then their close combat capability drastically lowers... Against heavily armoured units archers barely scratches them.

Matchlocks on the other hand doesn't give a flying fuck about armour. They have shorter range, must have direct line of sight (as opposed to the archers with radar and zen powers) and reload much slower so against units with little or no armour they are nowhere near as destructive.

But against elite units like guard cavalry and katana heroes that are almost invincible in melee and against arrows...lets just say a volley of 100 bullets vs a unit of 30 megaexpensive soldiers can make anyone cringe or die with laughter depending on which side of the barrel they are.

A legendary bowman general tho is able to rape anything from afar, and I do mean anything.They have a very limited amount of ammo tho, so tricking them into firing at your loose formation ashigaru will waste the arrows with minimal damage. And for gods sake don't let them shoot at your general or cavalry!

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2011, 07:28:41 am »

My army doesn't run any archers. I've used Matlock Samurai since day one. I got laughed at for it but now I get called called an abuser. Matchlock units don't care how armoured you are and look awesome when they fire. The Bow Warrior Monks are great archers but they are just peasants with improved morale and tiny hand to hand improvement.

The same applies for Matchlock monks. The reason I use Samurai Matchlocks(and would use Samurai Archers) is because they function pretty weel as combat units in a pinch as well as being excellent main line ranged units.

I don't even know how many times an overzealous general has strayed within 100 range of my Matchlocks only to meet a volley of shot and die.

Seige units are still strong in Shogun 2 but I`ve never lost a game to them. Even the dicks who use an exploit and get multiple Seige units I still crushed.

Today they are nerfing siege units! Also, the extra range on bow and matchlock warrior monks make them WELL worth it.

On the other hand if you're going to have many matchlocks instead of 1-3 like me samurai matchlocks are better for the reasons you have stated. As long as the enemy doesn't field an ashigaru army boosted by retainers and a legendary leader a matchlock army can rape any balanced army.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2011, 07:36:47 am »

Even with an Ashigaru army I apply so many morale penalties. My leader is maxed leadership Monks get Warcry, Matchlocks utterly destroy ashigaru morale with correctly timed volleys. I`ve opted for range increase on my veteran Matchlocks.(except the one I did Fire by Rank on and then abruptly deleted hi because it`s a passive and always on in multiplayer!!!! -Your initial volley is much slower with Fire by rank and I manouvre alot)

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2011, 07:42:54 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay9ZxsulN2c

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2011, 10:27:05 am »

I like my ninjas, they can take out any hidden siege units, divert the forces in the back and enable a great offensive.

Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2011, 01:08:32 pm »

I like my ninjas, they can take out any hidden siege units, divert the forces in the back and enable a great offensive.

And just how do you get close enough if they camp their entire army around it like most players lame enough to bring mangonels?
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2011, 01:31:22 pm »

Just picked it up, won my first automatch, leadership tree a good choice for the general?

Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2011, 03:01:54 pm »

Just picked it up, won my first automatch, leadership tree a good choice for the general?

Every tree is good Tongue. But depending on how you like to play some are better than others tho.

A legendary leader will make a concentrated force insanely good but you will get outmanoeuvred easily. Great for players that like to camp, advance slowly but steadily like a steamroller or charge madly into combat banzai style.

A legendary swordsman works great with an army with much cavalry or in small games, this is the most manoeuvrable general and extremely hard to kill with anything other than matchlocks, legendary bowmen or siege units. They contribute to victory by not dying and causing a great deal of casualties.

A legendary bowmen is like a ninja, killing elite units from afar. They won't cause much casualties but what they kill will most likely be extremely valuable and nigh unkillable by anything else. DO NOT LET THESE SHOOT AT YOUR GENERAL. Cavalry is pretty much the only way to kill these guys, which is why legendary bowmen is also awesome for setting traps for enemy cavalry (a row of matchlocks in a forest saying hi to your precious guard cavalry when they try to chase the pest down).
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2011, 03:33:08 pm »

I've invested into the Leadership tree. I hope they do some balancing on the Cooldown reduction skills because even with those maxed you really only get 1 cast per game. Or 2 if it drags out.

The rest of my points have gone into the Survivability/Sword.

Personally I prefer the Leadership tree and think it's the strongest. Too many times Archer generals have run from me(not like you'll catch him anyway) While Swordsman tree gives a great assault unit and no penalty vs spears if your general dies your army gets crippled and thats putting him on the swords edge more often then I'd like(and Trust me, I do it often enough as is)
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2011, 03:56:19 pm »

I've invested into the Leadership tree. I hope they do some balancing on the Cooldown reduction skills because even with those maxed you really only get 1 cast per game. Or 2 if it drags out.

The rest of my points have gone into the Survivability/Sword.

Personally I prefer the Leadership tree and think it's the strongest. Too many times Archer generals have run from me(not like you'll catch him anyway) While Swordsman tree gives a great assault unit and no penalty vs spears if your general dies your army gets crippled and thats putting him on the swords edge more often then I'd like(and Trust me, I do it often enough as is)

Say what? I only have 1 point in leadership (inspire) and I get to use it 2-4 times during 90% of the games
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2011, 04:50:04 pm »

Haven't really used it more than 1 or 2 tines a battle.
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2011, 05:37:00 am »

L2use inspire = win ^^ Inspire rocks, blocks anyform of bad moral, its epic ^^

I have 2 points in it, and try using it as soon as i can

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2011, 06:36:13 am »

Had a gg yesterday.

This guy tried to arrow me from his line, but he was next to a thin forest line and I had moved up my pro units thru it towards him. All of a sudden I flank his shit and totally rape him, I win.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2011, 12:26:20 pm »

And just how do you get close enough if they camp their entire army around it like most players lame enough to bring mangonels?

I either wait and camp with my army just meters outside his mangonel range. Or i move around and trick him into attacking by sending some weak units somewhere alone or something. Hard to tell, every enemy reacts to different sweets Cheesy
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2011, 12:33:11 pm »

So, Im finally reinstalling Shogun 2..
Will defo have to try and hop on with you guys Cheesy
Do you guys have a steam group/clan that i could join to help out on the war map ect :3

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2011, 01:07:34 pm »

I put my general in Stand and Fight last night because AmPm had some Katana Samurai just infront of me.

Turns out AmPm crumpled under Bow Monk fire and those were actually enemy Katana Samurai. Dark times. Dark times indeed
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2011, 02:46:53 pm »

L2use inspire = win ^^ Inspire rocks, blocks anyform of bad moral, its epic ^^

I have 2 points in it, and try using it as soon as i can

Inspire got nerfed this patch Wink
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2011, 08:24:48 am »

Cry Angry
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2011, 12:20:58 am »

Anyhow, I'm a bit more serious about Shogun 2 now so I switched clan to another that is in tier 1 =).

We will never win tier 1 though until they balance it somehow, a clan of 25 wont do much against clans with several thousand players no matter how good they are Tongue.

Also that the patch fixed alt+f4 n00bs made me extremely happy Cheesy
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2011, 02:55:03 am »

Yeah it's an unfortunate system really.

Progress in the clan war system is dependent purely on number of members in the group rather then the skill of the group.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc