Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 04, 2024, 11:21:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

by Bear
[October 02, 2024, 01:14:57 pm]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You Play Shogun 2!  (Read 27994 times)
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2011, 10:35:30 am »

I've been changing my army up alot recently. I was gonna test out a Cannon + Mass Ashigaru build on some guy but it gave us 14K funds so I had to abort that idea. Turns out the guy had a lvl 8 European Cannon unit. Crushed him through common sense I've got the replay saved.

The game right after I tried the Ashigaru spam(enemy was half my level) My cannons didn't do much(shit map for them) but the Ashigaru worked nicely despite me not committing $1500 of my army(cannon) I think the Menpo mask and my Leadership selections really make ashigaru a worthwhile choice on the 5 and 10K battles. I can just drown enemies in a mass of bodies. The only drawback is that it only gives me Ashigaru vets which I don't want or need.

Vetting a Cannon or Great guard is still proving to be impossible. The good news is that I still don;t have a problem killing enemies that have those vet units.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Falcon333 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2011, 11:02:22 am »

I really don't like the static artillery pieces (cannons / mangonels). They don't tend to kill much and they're so easy to dodge or avoid.

Fire rockets are the only real 'artillery' unit I use, against cavalry.

"Chance favors the prepared mind"
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2011, 11:09:06 am »

Hehe, managed to get 2 great guard Vets, i had used them occasionally a while back but then went back to my Yari cav vets. THen i had a game 2 days ago where i lost 2 of my Vet 5 yari cavs against 1 great guard which was unvetted. I had the charge bonus, he came out of the woods, we met before the woods so i should have had all the advantages.
Now I am using them and they really just rape everything that doesn't have a musket.

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2011, 11:25:56 am »

Yeah they are about the only "Required" unit in my books. If someone has them in combat and you don't, you need to work miracles to kill them
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2011, 12:07:56 pm »

Great, i was about to beat a guy when suddenly blue screen of death turned up. I seem to get way more crashes, or well, any crashes at all, now after the patch.

Killed one of his great guard with inspired yari ashigarus!
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2011, 12:16:54 pm »

Nice!

...except for the crash
Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2011, 01:08:43 pm »

Great guard just rape other cavalry units hard. I was messing around with a mostly cavalry army. Plus horse archers are rape!
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2011, 02:39:49 pm »

I laugh at Horse archers.

Great guard rape because they have the Melee stats of Katana Cav. with the Bonus to cavalry of Yari cav. It's a deadly mix.

Just played a match where the guy fielded 2 Katana Heroes in the game. Crushed him easily, but it was weird.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2011, 10:53:34 am »

*crying*

Today, *sob*, someone called me a n00b!

*Wipes tear from face*

I had fire rockets and placed them at a archery dojo so they could fire indefinitely with a reload skill of 67. He tried to charge them with guard cavalry but they got wiped out by 2 salvoes before they could reach them and then he started to call me all sorts of mean words!

*Crying intensifies*

He started calling me a fag, an idiot and worst of all he called me, *sob*, a n00b!

*crying uncontrollably*

He really hurt my feelings Sad.

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2011, 04:09:26 pm »

Glad to know I'm not the only one to feel cannons and mangonels are a waste of funds. I used mangonels for the longest time, but they would just be a liability in the end, getting much less kills than my other units (Katana Hero = 247 kills, Mangonel = 61 kills). Plus, when your armies get into a bloody melee, chances are you'll friendly fire. A lot. Which can be fairly devastating in a pinch. Truth be told, I haven't got a chance to fully explore the tactical uses of cannons, but I can imagine, and I'd rather spend the funds on Fire Rockets or more units.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2011, 03:43:58 am »

I've been changing my army up alot recently. I was gonna test out a Cannon + Mass Ashigaru build on some guy but it gave us 14K funds so I had to abort that idea. Turns out the guy had a lvl 8 European Cannon unit. Crushed him through common sense I've got the replay saved.

The game right after I tried the Ashigaru spam(enemy was half my level) My cannons didn't do much(shit map for them) but the Ashigaru worked nicely despite me not committing $1500 of my army(cannon) I think the Menpo mask and my Leadership selections really make ashigaru a worthwhile choice on the 5 and 10K battles. I can just drown enemies in a mass of bodies. The only drawback is that it only gives me Ashigaru vets which I don't want or need.

Vetting a Cannon or Great guard is still proving to be impossible. The good news is that I still don;t have a problem killing enemies that have those vet units.

Would it please you to know that it only required me 4 matches to get 2 fire rocket vet units =)?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc