Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 10, 2024, 12:24:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 95mm Cromm  (Read 15889 times)
Katusha Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2011, 06:53:33 pm »

The turret makes it a liability dummy, the rotation on it is slow as fuck, The stuh is 2x as better because it has no turret, you can just turn the tank itself and not have to wait for the fucking turret to relocate to the target

From someone as experienced as you, i would expect better. Are you saying the 95 mm cant rotate its body? Just rotate the body PLUS rotate the turret, thats better than a STUH could do anyday
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2011, 06:53:52 pm »

The problem with this unit is, using it with a balanced build, for ex. 95 cromwell, some infantry, an atg for support, it's hard to make it cost effective. However at 180 fuel, one can get a lot of them, and at that point all you need to do is charge the opponent (if the opponent is competent, go from a flank for same result), smash the pak in 2 shots, take some damage from supporting AT, then smash them while crushing them.

If there's a marder, you just either avoid it, or get a teammate's AT to scare it away, and then start circle strafing it while it's repositioning. 2 95 mm cromwells will make short work of it, again because they have a turret.

Use a panther you say? Focus all the atgs or piats (and you can get a lot.. i mean a lot) you can bring with your cromwells on it, considering there is NO munitions cost attached to a 95mm.

THE MAIN PROBLEM IS IT IS VERY SPAMMABLE! If a semi competent user is using it, you will run out of AT very quickly, because 95 mm can damage all AT except panther/KT/Tiger.

Should be 220 fuel, or really heavy on pool so you cant spam it, or have a munitions cost attached to limit how much support you can bring with it.
I realise you guys are arguing the balance of the unit as it currently is, however, after the nearing patch - and the integration of the weapons cache (which will see certain upgrades + units gaining a pool cost from weapons cache AS WELL as normal pool) - will see it less spamable, or at least severly detrimental to the rest of your builds upgrades.

The reasoning behind adding this extra resource/pool is simple.  We can balance a unit on cost (MP, MU and FU) and then we can balance it on pool value (Vehcile, Support etc) - but we CANT tie the two together without going through another avenue (such as culmunitive costing and other ideas) - so we will add this and see how it changes the company build dynamics without punishing normal use of the unit.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2011, 07:03:44 pm »

From someone as experienced as you, i would expect better. Are you saying the 95 mm cant rotate its body? Just rotate the body PLUS rotate the turret, thats better than a STUH could do anyday

Fool, imagine the 95 turret is facing left at 320 degree. you see an enemy infantry or pack coming up on your 70-90. you can attempt to Rotate the body however the turret will still attempt to target your already presighted target. targetting the target you want and then rotating the body, the turret will still take roughly 3 seconds to move its turret. The stuh on the other had can just rotate its body, and shoot because the turret doesnt have to catch up.

THat is why im more experienced then you and shouldnt question me next time.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2011, 07:05:36 pm »

Can you argue balance without calling people 'dummy' or 'fool' next time?
It's unnecessarily provocative.
Katusha Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2011, 07:09:02 pm »

Fool, imagine the 95 turret is facing left at 320 degree. you see an enemy infantry or pack coming up on your 70-90. you can attempt to Rotate the body however the turret will still attempt to target your already presighted target. targetting the target you want and then rotating the body, the turret will still take roughly 3 seconds to move its turret. The stuh on the other had can just rotate its body, and shoot because the turret doesnt have to catch up.

THat is why im more experienced then you and shouldnt question me next time.

I can question anyone, even if they are more experienced, everyone makes mistakes. Don't get all happy because I called you experienced.

I see what you are saying, autotargetting can be a problem. But just click to attack the unit in these cases? A stuh rotating, and you clicking a squad for it to rotate at is almost the same thing, if you understand what I'm saying. I think everyone can agree a Stuh is much harder to micro, I would be surprised if it were otherwise.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2011, 07:09:23 pm »

good it's meant to be provocative, he is posting in an emotional state, i want to incite it further.

Yes you are correct, i was just pointing out that the Stuh in targetting is so much easier, even clicking, like you said, like i stated in my argument, takes much longer. that is all i wanted to point out so you may have a better argument to support your reasons
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 07:11:12 pm by Demon767 » Logged
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2011, 12:49:02 pm »

WoooooW have i stirred enough rage to get this topic back up?

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2011, 12:51:05 pm »

Who? What?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2011, 01:01:30 pm »

probably not, they're so in and out.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2011, 01:44:07 pm »

OP as fuck, i dont even need to explain it.

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2011, 01:49:29 pm »

Anything above Puma > 95mm. It's only really OP when it's used in spam companies, and pretty much anything can be abused in those.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2011, 01:51:55 pm »

lmao when you use 70 sight ccts and have 7 95mmls and tons of offmaps, yes its retardedly OP
FailHammer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2011, 01:52:37 pm »

Say hello to my hetzers

Hetzers suck BigDick

What, people flocking around to hijack a place on my balls on their ballride to victory and PEEPEES?
Im not pulling this out of my ass, you tinfoil hat prostitute.
"Holy shit puddin, you just critted him in the face"-joseph54
FailHammer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2011, 01:56:05 pm »

The turret makes it a liability dummy, the rotation on it is slow as fuck, The stuh is 2x as better because it has no turret, you can just turn the tank itself and not have to wait for the fucking turret to relocate to the target

Are you high?
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2011, 02:52:13 pm »

it's true the rotation is slow as fuck even a stuh can rotate faster and has better frontal armour

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2011, 03:15:25 pm »

lmao when you use 70 sight ccts and have 7 95mmls and tons of offmaps, yes its retardedly OP

Hence why I said spam companies. Rifle you may want to check your comprehension skills.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2011, 04:28:41 pm »

i dont understand why you make an attack on my comprehension i was simple adding detail into your earlier comment. Relax.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc