Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 12:34:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doctrine Changes (small) & Other  (Read 2288 times)
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« on: July 12, 2011, 09:40:28 am »

Im leaving for work in 20 minutes so I dont have time for a big elaborate post or whatever.

WM Def - Fatherland T4; change weapon crew armor to soldier, not elite. Would strike a balance between received dmg/acc and not getting flamed/naded to death.

PE TH - Scavenging Kitty T1; I've seen it salvage wrecks and I know that mines were removed, maybe allow it to booby trap vehicle wrecks? Infantry unit walks within X range and it goes off, same as a building booby trap. Right now the kett can only salvage wrecks to deny green cover, which is great, but you get no mines as advertised Tongue

CW RCA - General; The Kangaroo would fit nicely here (first APC in history, built from the canadian Ram tank chassis), just remove the firing slots (I've heard this was already planned, yes?). After the warmup, maybe add a Ram tank as a replacement for the Stuart (Im sure the canucks didnt use them that often; ram could be a downgrade of the Stuart that traded AT for AI [barely], might counter some of the lolwtf buffs that RCA gets)

US Armor - T17; Reinstate the White Phosphorous ability, but rework it; when used, instead of fully stunning a vehicle it would half its speed, LoS, accel/deccel, and double its turret rotation speed for 5-10 seconds. Also change from a long-cooldown to a 2x use ability (with the Allied War Machine T3 unock, in addition to being able to purchase a second repair kit, the T17 could purchase a third WP shell for an equal cost to the first two).

US Inf - Oversupply T3; Everyone that plays inf with this and BARs is a happy camper. Everyone playing against it hates it. 3x Bars? Offer a new upgrade that would grant the squad 1x BAR with no SF, and change the SL's rifle from a carbine to a grenadier K98 with garand aestetics. It would cost less and would be a welcome alternative to 3x BARs, which is definately over the top. If this T3 is selected, also +1 use of grenades (+5 or 10 MU) and smoke grenades (no change). Squads with grenades would no longer be able to equip sticky bombs.

PE Luft - Fatherland T4; +2/4 population for every Fal fielded? +6 population is rarely useful and the T4 is ignored in favor of Heroes of Monte Cassino.

WM Terror - Terror of Stalingrad; I know that Terror is pending a rework and that everything in it is merely a placeholder, just an idea for the WM sniper. Snipers would pay an extra ~60 MU, but would give off no 'Unit Sniped!' warnings and would see increased range (to 55 from 50) WITH vet. The snipers wouldn't recloak for an additional 1.5 seconds (so, first shot taken would take ~1.8 seconds to recloak).

OTHER - Engineer/Pio/ vet:

Vet1 (? XP) - 0.85 received damage AND accuracy.
Vet2 (? XP) - Accuracy 1.15, no longer take any additional damage when using 'Wire Cutters' ability.
Vet3 (? XP) - Engineer M3 Grease Guns are replaced with Riflemen M3 Grease Guns, Pio MP40s replaced with Volksgrenadier MP40s (respectively), Gain 1x use of 'Field Dressings' (not tied to any doctrine or unlock) without smoke or received accuracy/damage modifiers.

Engineer Minesweeper/Pioneer Minesweeper vet:

Vet1 (?XP) - 0.85 received damage AND accuracy, gains HP regen (0.035).
Vet2 (?XP) - 0.85 received damage AND accuracy (stacks), +1 squad size.
Vet3 (?XP) - 0.85 received damage AND accuracy (stacks), individual Engineer/Pioneer holding the minesweeper gains Heroic target and crits.

Add PzIV to the Panzer Elite faction (non doctrinal), but armed with a 50mm Puma. Retains original PzIV aestetics aside from a reskin to the trademark PE all blank/gray.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 09:45:38 am »

CW RCA - General; The Kangaroo would fit nicely here

HERESY!!

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 09:47:29 am »

The snipers wouldn't recloak for an additional 1.5 seconds (so, first shot taken would take ~1.8 seconds to recloak).

so you pay more for sniper that is even easier to countersnipe  Roll Eyes

PE Luft - Fatherland T4; +2/4 population for every Fal fielded? +6 population is rarely useful and the T4 is ignored in favor of Heroes of Monte Cassino.

so you need atleast 4 units of falls on field for this to be more worth than current +6... Roll Eyes

PE TH - Scavenging Kitty T1; I've seen it salvage wrecks and I know that mines were removed, maybe allow it to booby trap vehicle wrecks? Infantry unit walks within X range and it goes off, same as a building booby trap. Right now the kett can only salvage wrecks to deny green cover, which is great, but you get no mines as advertised Tongue
I heard that now it can place mines as advertised,so no need for that...

US Armor - T17; Reinstate the White Phosphorous ability
how about no,it was removed for a reason,allies dont need another 'button' like ability  Roll Eyes
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 02:47:09 pm »

Button was nerfed into oblivion, and stickies are almost always a suicide sentence unless you throw one through a building or hedge. And even then, no guarentee that the tank wont break through the hedge and rip you a new one (if its a heavy unit). Bit I see your argument, fair enough.

As far as you know, youre just under attack. It might be fals or storms for all you know. The sniper would also have the range of a FF, meaning that he can literally kite your sniper if he has an infantry screen.

Nothing about any of the other ideas? I was expecting someone to flame everything on the list for no reason (and with little logic) xD.

I created vet for engineer units/minesweepers. Cookie pl0x.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 03:06:18 pm »

How the hell did an incendiary shell stun a tank anyways?

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 03:06:58 pm »

How the hell did an incendiary shell stun a tank anyways?
Bits of flaming metal / skin kinda ruins your day Id say

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc