Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 11:32:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sick of the state of EIR  (Read 48717 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2011, 05:01:22 pm »

So a primary company, and a "spy" company will have the same persistant gains?

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2011, 05:02:44 pm »

It seems like you'll get penalised for not using the one faction you originally subscribed to by reducing the bonuses you have on that account, at least that's what I'm understanding from your explanation.

You do realise playing allies is your-balls-put-in-a-blender kind of boring, and as such nobody will EVER be wanting to play them, ESPECIALLY if their axis accounts get penalised for having games on their allied ones?

DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2011, 05:04:53 pm »

It seems like you'll get penalised for not using the one faction you originally subscribed to by reducing the bonuses you have on that account, at least that's what I'm understanding from your explanation.

You do realise playing allies is your-balls-put-in-a-blender kind of boring, and as such nobody will EVER be wanting to play them, ESPECIALLY if their axis accounts get penalised for having games on their allied ones?
But I like putting my balls in a blender Cheesy

Time to add super-d-duper fun allied units!

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2011, 05:06:40 pm »

I have never stated people will be limited to one faction / side.

Read my previous post.

And if you believe I *HAVE* ever said Id restrict by side, please quote Wink

Depending on how harsh those penalties are, it may well be a proper limitation. I know you have these ideas in your head about how this and that and w/e are going to work out, but most of us simply hear:

PENALTIES FOR PLAYING OTHER SIDE.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2011, 05:06:53 pm »

I foresee community members creating their own EIRR player-based sound pack to make allied units sound cooler.  Grin
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2011, 05:13:02 pm »

I always wanted to replace US imperial guard voices, brits with warcraft 2 orcs, pe with space marines, and WM with protoss.

Is it legal?
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2011, 05:13:49 pm »

Yes, as long as you manage to do it and don't sell it.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2011, 05:16:17 pm »

So a primary company, and a "spy" company will have the same persistant gains?
Yes and no.

Youre primary side (all companies of WM or PE for example) will gain the same warxp and warcards as any US or CW companies when played.

The difference comes in on when you SPEND the points on the warmap (note: ON THE WARMAP) - if you swap primary sides, then logically, the other factions are now 'spy' accounts which can only perform spy actions.

Warcards, benefits etc will still be allocatable as normal - but your participation can only be on one side at a time - otherwise you're technically cheating by being able to see both sides units Wink

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2011, 05:18:28 pm »

I foresee Smokaz switching sides more often than his mother…
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2011, 05:30:12 pm »

Holy shit, is ANYONE reading what Im posting properly?

You do not get penalised for ANYTHING, unless you swap which side you're playing on the warmap.  NOT IN GAME.
And note, its SIDE based, not company, not faction.

Boring for you.

You do not get  penalised for Allied casual games (if playing Axis for example).  In fact, it gains xp and spying options as you play it.

It is tracked PROFILE wide, not company etc.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2011, 05:31:06 pm »

PENALTIES FOR PLAYING OTHER SIDE.
Again, please quote me.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2011, 05:35:24 pm »

Maybe you're not explaining what you mean well enough, rather than absolutely everyone failing to read what you write. It is, after all, very much so a possibility - considering we have zero clue of what spying type actions even mean in the context of the warmap.

Boring for you.

Yes, and it's because it's only boring to me EiRR (and OMG, actually) has forever been dominated by axis players, and there is very consistently 3 games full of axis players, but no allies to join them.
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2011, 05:38:47 pm »

There are mechanics in place that will allow people to 'swap' - but it will be punished so to speak by them losing Warmap XP in their opposing factions rank.
If you felt like playing a game or two on the opposing side without lowering your current faction (ie to fill a spot) - then you can still use the 'Spying' abilities for your normal faction without losing Warmap XP Wink

Quoted. If this isn't what it sounds like, and I can have fully functioning persistent US and PE companies at the same time....I guess I just need more info to fully comprehend the system as a whole.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2011, 05:50:46 pm »

Quoted. If this isn't what it sounds like, and I can have fully functioning persistent US and PE companies at the same time....I guess I just need more info to fully comprehend the system as a whole.
You need to read the whole paragraph.  Otherwise quoting me out of context don't quite work.

The bolded part needs to extend to the whole bit rather than leaving out the explanation afterwards lol!
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2011, 05:58:07 pm »

Perhaps these need definitions then:

Spying abilities
Warmap XP
Warmap Cards
Faction Rank
Swap (contextually, ofc)
Punish (same)

Because the way I'm reading it is that if you switch sides without "switching sides", you get some gimp ass company to play a game or 2 (limited # of games?) with, otherwise you forfeit "stuff" (undefined) on your primary companies. Instead of just "you're wrong/not reading" just explain to us in detail what it all means.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2011, 05:58:24 pm »

Maybe you're not explaining what you mean well enough, rather than absolutely everyone failing to read what you write. It is, after all, very much so a possibility - considering we have zero clue of what spying type actions even mean in the context of the warmap.
Very true, I dont have the talent for verbosity via text like some Wink

Your main side will have the full plethora of actions available on the warmap, scouting an area (so that you can see units in that sector), deployment and movement of your company, resupplying and even recruiting units, giving orders to units etc.

The opposing side, will only have spy-like abilities.  Abilities that allow you to view sectors, sabotage units etc.

As soon as you use a company on the opposing side for NORMAL actions - you will be prompted and warned that doing so will result in your main side swapping, and costing a hefty penalty to that sides currently gained warrank.  Then, you have successfully swapped sides, retained your NEW main sides rank, but penalised for the swap.

Bear in mind, that if you are a grinder, you will probably get away with swapping several times (although each time will effectively reduce your other faction.)

This is only for warmap stuff.  Its a mechanic to prevent people swapping willy-nilly between both sides in a war, as you will (should?) become attached to the progress of your side throughout.

Remember, Im ONLY talking about warmap actions - these are actions used to affect the warmap and its state.  Company based warcards etc will still be freely used (unless they affect the warmap).

I hope that clears a little up - as its quite hard to explain mechanics that you havent had a chance to play with or see really.
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2011, 06:03:23 pm »

Ninja'd.

So, what exactly do the warmap cards/normal warcards mean/do? How much of an impact IS it to not be able to use them? Will companies on my non-active faction still "progress" normally?
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2011, 06:05:55 pm »

I think I get it now. But how powerful will warmap actions be? Will they be equal to:

- Reward units
- "Bonus sectors" like extra offmaps, faster deployment, defensive scenarios
- Stuff we don't know about that is easy to imagine being a ingame advantage of some measure

Or comparable to warmap "company bonuses" equal to doctrine abilities temporarily affecting your company?

Or, pretty insignicant?

The problem that arises and that I think is yet to be adressed by you in this thread is how this will not cause people to cling to one side, causing a rabbit-like increase in the axis population. If warmap abilities tied to your "PRIMARY" faction are significant, and the penalty for switching side is significant, the outcome is predictable: badger badger badger, axis axis axis.

Because if they aren't significant (No problem, I'm coming on my airborne Bro) we have a new problem, that the warmap additions are mostly flashy lights and candy.

Whats the solution to this?
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2011, 06:09:11 pm »

Company based warcards etc will still be freely used (unless they affect the warmap).

Warmap cards, period, should only be gained and used by your active warmap company. I think that's one of the big perks to sticking to a single side the whole war tbh.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2011, 06:11:31 pm »

I think that's one of the big perks to sticking to a single side the whole war tbh.

So what will you be doing to counteract the fact 90% or such of the community will be sticking with AAAAAAXIIIIIIIISIISISI ZOMGGGGG.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc