Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 10:47:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sick of the state of EIR  (Read 48710 times)
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2011, 06:13:29 pm »

So what will you be doing to counteract the fact 90% or such of the community will be sticking with AAAAAAXIIIIIIIISIISISI ZOMGGGGG.

My solution for everything...  Give the allies, copies of axis tanks. kekekeke Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 06:26:28 pm by Groundfire » Logged

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Jstek Offline
Donator

« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2011, 06:15:53 pm »

It cause the allies dont get any thing really cool.  While the axis get all the cool shit.  Can we get the HBOMB btw..  Make it a warmap card that kills everything on the entire game and allies win automatically.  Would be epic.  Would love to have something that will rape Axis face..  After all the get all those V1s, cruise missles, Firestorm, fire rockets, 88s, KTS, Tigers, Jags, Jadgs, P2s, Assultnades, Shrecks, and more...

Allies, get a Pershing and a Callie for only one faction...  Oh the injustice....

So you wonder why everyone wants to be axis fanboys.  Then you get the stomps.. Really the constant match inbalanaces is the real issue.. but that lv5 oversupply thing i never new about...  Makes me realize why i see alot of lvl 5 coys floating around.

So... perhaps ill do that too.. setup a lvl 5 coy and oversupply it like mad.  Yeah.. How are those apples
But then agian.. not in the mood really.. probally just wait for warmap and see it that does some good... but who knows...  I do remember coming come from work looking forward in getting a an game in eir.....   but now.. not so much.. i kinda think about it.. i want to play... but then i think about who i am going to be playing with against.. and it makes me sad and I just decide to close the launcher..  Oh sadness.. Not sure if its restoreable......

I do know i purchased RO2 and i guess Ill be playing that soon... and well, well see then.. so who knows... i feel sad but not sure man..

All i do know is this...  when playing the COH:O i nearly always did an automatch game.  Was easy.. Sometimes it took some time to get a game in the begining.. but even if i got fucked stomped, it still played cause i at least beliveved it was anyone's game..  And in a sense it was right.

But the way it is now, stacking games is the way of EIR.  So unless your in a group of guys who can get together and stack.. folks like me who are outside the pack get shit on.  But forcing a match making system where folks dont know whos in it or what faction or rank... will i think go a long way.

You can perhaps even setup a provision to force too many axis to actually go allied somehow.. Perhaps, prepare them is a company premade?  Who knows..  Basically if you cant get regular joes to actually play against folks of equal skill level and actually win games.. well you wont be able to retain players.

There is not any game I know of where folks like to loose at and will continue to play just to loose.  You gotta mix the shit up and break up these 'ELITE' players to play with regular 'PUGS'.  Otherwise, game over for EIR, even after the bad ass warmap is released.  I am warning yah..  Just wait.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2011, 06:17:53 pm »

No, in all seriousness, with the addition to automatch, like EIRRmod stated a couple pages back, Allied players will always have a game, while the axis stompers will be sitting and waiting for an equivilant team.

If they are not, then they are filling in and playing a random game through the automatcher. So what's going to happen is that there will be a population surge in the Axis and each player will play half as many games with half as many of the teams they want/are good, while the allies can pick and choose their teams, always get a game and reasonably get a genuine random game if they are going at it alone.

This should balance out warmap power, i think. People wont have a reason to dodge unless they are really a dick and abandon game in CoH lobby.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2011, 06:25:37 pm »

Perhaps these need definitions then:
Gladly Wink

Spying abilities
Intel is a mechanic on the warmap which keeps a company in the dark until a sector is scouted.  A scouted sector will have an intel level of 1, and can continue to be boosted to a level of 5, as some units will not be visible/described until a certain intel level is reached.
Higher intel will also show orders on opposing units at the higher intel levels.

Spying, is your option for 'scouting' for the opposing faction.  There will be other options added, but this is it to start with Wink

Warmap XP
XP granted to your commander - a rank used for the warmap, a type of hierachy that enables you to override lower ranked players orders without paying more action points to do so.
This rank will also dictate what warcards you can play (as some will have a rank limit) and what commander trait cards you can use / slots available.

Warmap Cards
Warmap cards cover a large base of different abilities.
Warmap commander trait - these cards will be used in place of the advantages screen, in a similar way - but allowing a mix and match of multiple types (ie 3 resources, or say 2 resource types + pool bonuses)
Warmap units - units that are currently in the 'rewards' section, will be granted through these.
Warmap actions - one-off usages like an artillary barage on an area (warmap territories) or other special actions that you can use.
Warmap company bonuses - one-off usage cards that might do something like grant a free recon run that game, or extend the number of offmaps for a game etc.

Faction Rank
The current PP level of the faction - this increases per warmap turn (3-12 hours depending on when in the week the turn is taking place, 8/12 for normal week days, shortening to 3 or 4 for weekends)
This is the maximum PP amount that your company can reach, and will do so at ~10% per game played.

Swap (contextually, ofc)
Punish (same)
Swapping companies will incur no penalties, and you will gain warmap xp, cards etc as per normal regardless of what company you play.
Swapping by using an action (like resupply a warmap unit, or ordering an artillery strike via a warmap card) - on your NON-main side (not faction) will create a warning, and then a penalty to all opposing warxp ranks.  This is one off, and your main side will then change.

Again, this isnt a penalty as such - it is a deterrant for people constantly swapping (changing) their 'Main' side.  In otherwords "I dont like playing Axis... their losing the war! Ima gonna swap trollolololo".

If someone wants to copy paste this info into the Warmap forums thatd be awesome Wink

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2011, 06:26:47 pm »

No, in all seriousness, with the addition to automatch, like EIRRmod stated a couple pages back, Allied players will always have a game, while the axis stompers will be sitting and waiting for an equivilant team.

If they are not, then they are filling in and playing a random game through the automatcher. So what's going to happen is that there will be a population surge in the Axis and each player will play half as many games with half as many of the teams they want/are good, while the allies can pick and choose their teams, always get a game and reasonably get a genuine random game if they are going at it alone.

This should balance out warmap power, i think. People wont have a reason to dodge unless they are really a dick and abandon game in CoH lobby.

I guess I'm a bit thick-headed. Because I can't see how this will truly mitigate the problem. The 2 or 3 years (I cant even remember) I've played this game, there's always been a trend that axis players will rather wait it out than the opposite.  Unless automatch is forced for warmap, I predict that the solid trend that's always been there will continue. If they can choose they will choose to remain in their axis stack or whatever. This is especially true in our small community where a lot of people prefer to play with people they "know". "Sry guys, going on my allies to join trall7 and resupplai88 with no vent and who sux."

Yeah right!

Warmap units - units that are currently in the 'rewards' section, will be granted through these.
Warmap actions - one-off usages like an artillary barage on an area (warmap territories) or other special actions that you can use.
Warmap company bonuses - one-off usage cards that might do something like grant a free recon run that game, or extend the number of offmaps for a game etc.

I see these as the most significant things that will maintain the problem.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 06:30:56 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2011, 06:39:38 pm »

Thanks for the definitions, clears it up a good bit.

TBH, the automatching isn't going to fix the stacking problem. In COHO, for example, 1v1 automatch was always 2-3 US and 10+ wehr. 2v2 was similar. 3v3, you'd have 3-6 US, and 30+ wehr. 4v4, 3-6 US and 50+ wehr. It would literally take 15 minutes of sitting in automatch to get a game, and even if you did, half the time someone would drop and it was fucked anyway.

Sure, this is GREAT for those allied guys, but what if I play allies for games but I want to play PE...
Katusha Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2011, 06:42:13 pm »

Why do people assume it's only axis that stack? I mean holy shit, if you were in the launcher for a few hours, and the same team kept coming back on axis, it doesn't mean only axis is stacking. It is that group of friends that is stacking.... not everyone on axis

What is really bad about the state of EIR, is people complaining after they lose, they blame everything on "oh they're stackers" "oh they're smurfs" , and it ends up that people always hold grudges against each other
Jstek Offline
Donator

« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2011, 06:44:20 pm »

Then make the warmap games with the warmap ranks, doctrine unlocks, cards, reward units require the automatch to be used.  

However, for those hardcore 'Elite Group Guys'.  They can setup a game like it is now.  But they can only use their faction's vanilla units.  No doctrine buffs, no doctrine unlocks, no warcards, no rewards.  The only thing they can use and lose would be their vetted vanilla units.  So it lets those guys who really want to play together to do so.  But everyone is on even footing.  Normally games like this would be friendly games setup between two parties.  The axis stacks wouldn't dare risk their vetted units on a game that would not buff their shit.  All their 'COOL' stuff goes away and they will stick with the auto matcher.  

That way as Smokaz stated, its going to nuke your stackers waiting out regular guys.  Cause again, folks who have to play it like that generally have more time to waste than your PUGGER.  And to let you know, you need to be making the appealable to the PUG; if you don't it will never get past cult status.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 06:47:00 pm by Jstek » Logged
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2011, 06:44:44 pm »

Why do people assume it's only axis that stack? I mean holy shit, if you were in the launcher for a few hours, and the same team kept coming back on axis, it doesn't mean only axis is stacking. It is that group of friends that is stacking.... not everyone on axis

What is really bad about the state of EIR, is people complaining after they lose, they blame everything on "oh they're stackers" "oh they're smurfs" , and it ends up that people always hold grudges against each other

Would it matter which side it is though? Even if people switched, a good percentage would perhaps just switch to allies in a group, play a few games, or get dodged by the other side with a weaker team, with both sides refusing automatch because they got a pretty good idea of who else is playing. The problem here is that its now going to be punished to switch to get a game, and you're going to be facing reward units, extra offmaps and other gains from the "loyal" team.

Sure, introduce this system EIRRMOD. It's great on paper and creates immersion in a War. But do it after you put out a warmap that entices a population of player big enough to support it.

Katusha Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2011, 07:01:00 pm »

Would it matter which side it is though?

That's what I'm saying, it doesn't matter which side is doing it, so why single out axis?

With automatch, 3v3's with set teams will be pretty hard to create, but it's the same in vCOH. I guess 2v2 will become the primary rivalry matches, and I'm not against that, 2v2 requires the most skill.

I actually really trust that the warmap + automatch will bring many improvements, let's all hope everything works out for the best.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2011, 07:03:45 pm »

I guess I'm a bit thick-headed. Because I can't see how this will truly mitigate the problem. The 2 or 3 years (I cant even remember) I've played this game, there's always been a trend that axis players will rather wait it out than the opposite.  Unless automatch is forced for warmap, I predict that the solid trend that's always been there will continue. If they can choose they will choose to remain in their axis stack or whatever. This is especially true in our small community where a lot of people prefer to play with people they "know". "Sry guys, going on my allies to join trall7 and resupplai88 with no vent and who sux."

Yeah right!

I see these as the most significant things that will maintain the problem.
Thing is, if theres a stack team waiting it out, and say, 3 other axis players just waiting on random - then the allies will get their 3v3 several times over (in an extreme situation) while the waiters still wait.

And not just that, as its all going to be automatched, then who says they wont get counter-stomped by an allied stack?  That would just be fucking hillarious tbh.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2011, 07:05:22 pm »

Sure, introduce this system EIRRMOD. It's great on paper and creates immersion in a War. But do it after you put out a warmap that entices a population of player big enough to support it.
I totally agree with you, but the system of automatch will still support the normal way of games, just it wont show your opponents if that makes sense (because they are sitting in a pool of players, rather than everyone set into a battle)
Jstek Offline
Donator

« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2011, 07:10:37 pm »

You gotta make the auto match anonymous when folks are in the queue.  Otherwise others will find a way to fuck it up.  These stackers are pretty dedicated in getting their LAWLS on at someone else's expense..

Like i posted earlier. Allow arranged games still.  But they will be basically using LVL1 companies.  No unlocks, No Dotritines, Warcards, or Reward Units allowed.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2011, 07:15:14 pm »

Why would anyone want to play with random teammates? I play With the people I like, that's it. Also, set teams are the best, but only if you get a suitable opposing team. I don't want to outmatch my opponents so much that I get bad at the game.

I'm going to lol when a random crap team gets matched up against a set team. Randoms wouldn't be so bad, but most new players are too lazy to get vent, so fuck them.

EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #94 on: August 03, 2011, 07:15:47 pm »

You gotta make the auto match anonymous when folks are in the queue.  Otherwise others will find a way to fuck it up.  These stackers are pretty dedicated in getting their LAWLS on at someone else's expense..

Like i posted earlier. Allow arranged games still.  But they will be basically using LVL1 companies.  No unlocks, No Dotritines, Warcards, or Reward Units allowed.
Ive posted an in-depth description of how the auto-match system will work.
There are not matches shown in the battlescreen, and in short - you pick what game size you'd play (1,2,3,4 players) - and whether youd fill in for a team thats short.
You can then 'create' a team - and stack, but unless other players have ticked 'play vs a set team' - you may not get a game for a while, and when you DO, its more than likely going to be vs another set team.

There was also going be ranked games, so people can flex their ePeens, but in this environment it wouldnt work anymore.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #95 on: August 03, 2011, 07:30:43 pm »

Ive posted an in-depth description of how the auto-match system will work.
There are not matches shown in the battlescreen, and in short - you pick what game size you'd play (1,2,3,4 players) - and whether youd fill in for a team thats short.
You can then 'create' a team - and stack, but unless other players have ticked 'play vs a set team' - you may not get a game for a while, and when you DO, its more than likely going to be vs another set team.

There was also going be ranked games, so people can flex their ePeens, but in this environment it wouldnt work anymore.

So basically, you will be forced to pay with terrible players who may or may not use vent just to play? How is this a good thing lol.

I think the majority of us only play anymore because of the people we enjoy playing with. Hell, a lot of us play other games outside EIR together.

Again, why would we want to play with random people who make no effort to use vent. I don't know about you, but there is nothing more frustrating than losing because you get the guy who has a shit connection and drops constantly. Or the guy who didn't even attempt to wirk with his team.
Katusha Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2011, 07:37:36 pm »

So basically, you will be forced to pay with terrible players who may or may not use vent just to play? How is this a good thing lol.

Because the other team will have the same amount of horrible players. At least I hope that's how it will work
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2011, 07:51:24 pm »

Because the other team will have the same amount of horrible players. At least I hope that's how it will work

How is that any fun though? EiR is best with 2 good teams, not games where you have 2 crap players you are stuck babysitting the while game. This should be interesting just to see all the rage leveled at the noobs you get stuck with. I might just sit in Malgoroth or Smokaz vent channel recording. Especially when lost games will matter for the entire faction....ugh.

Right now it works, don't want to play with/against someone? Don't. New system of enforced shit games is silly.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2011, 08:08:06 pm »

Know how we fix that?

Make Human vs. AI scenarios

Make 1vs1s viable.

Make 2vs2s more standard.

No babysitting. Voila
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2011, 08:13:41 pm »

Know how we fix that?

Make Human vs. AI scenarios

Make 1vs1s viable.

Make 2vs2s more standard.

No babysitting. Voila

Lol, EiR comp stomp s for the win? 1v1 is a terrible game mode for EiR, you win or lose based on company selection. No more epic 3v3 or 4v4? Shit son, just play vCoH auto match'
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc