Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 02:30:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Super Congress  (Read 17883 times)
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2011, 10:11:24 pm »

Well, in america they spend millions developing a formula to figure out if a women is hot
Money well spent.

This research can be further used to tweak genes to make all teh womanz hotter.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2011, 10:12:40 pm »

Yes and we complain about it every day.

Gimme some backup info/source and I'll believe you.

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2011, 10:41:22 pm »

Still went offtopic before 1st page lol.

You couldn't expect much intelligent discussion to derive from this. Groundfire pretty much summed everything up already.

Nobody likes decentralization in a matter that affects everyone but that's just the way the US has been leaning for 200 years.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 05:31:22 am by PonySlaystation » Logged

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2011, 05:01:10 am »

Wait, its the yankees that are lowering their own AAA status to AA+ And they are Whining like Little bitches?
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooool

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2011, 06:40:32 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4EQG08N0vY

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2011, 07:26:11 am »

The US is fucked anyway
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2011, 11:20:55 am »

So are you  Grin

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2011, 11:49:33 am »

You know, I must admit that I too bash the Americans on a few occasions.
But, what's up with everyone wanting to always bash the successful people or countries.

Let me give an example: I was in a  conversation the other day and someone made reference to the rich pricks up on the hill. This is an area in my town where a large number of well off people live. This persons attitude was one of disgust at all the rich folks. Unknown to him, I live on that hill.

What I am getting at is the witch hunt mentality that occurs when someone is more successful than the rest of the community. In this thread, it is another country. Every country on this planet has done something really stupid at one time or another. Every government on this planet is disliked by it's people for one reason or another.

The USA is a very wealth and successful country (was). But people outside that country like to bash it at every chance they can. Myself included (a little bit). The truth is, we are jealous and wish we had the things they do. Sure, there are lots of things we wouldn't want, but that can be said about the country you live in.

Why is it so many people want to poke fun at their issues and are glad to see them fail? Will your life become a better place if the USA fails? Will your government make good on all it's promises if the USA fails?

If the USA economy collapses, it will fuck your economy as well. Regardless of where you live. Some less than others, but the entire planet will be affected. I fail to see why anyone would want them to fail.

Their politicians are out of control and need to be slapped a bit. But I do not want to see their economy collapse. It would be unfair to the rest of the world.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2011, 11:54:35 am »

I agree with tank on his point that if the USA fails, we ALL get fucked by it.

But there is a very real and simple reason why people hate the guts out of america. Their foreign policy is extremely interventionist and annoying, they feel like they can rule the world and tell everyone what to do. Case in point - the bill they want to pass on the control of the fucking internet. That will affect the entire fucking world. It is annoying. People don't like that kind of bullshit. Stay in your own goddamn fucking country with your laws - don't impose them on others.

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2011, 11:55:35 am »

Stay in your own goddamn fucking country with your laws - don't impose them on others.

This I agree with 100%
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2011, 11:57:12 am »

People who are worse off will allways attack the better off tbh, when i was a kid i was always listening to my parents bitching about how the other people live better off and should not deserve it but after my parents got good jobs and moved to a great house here in the middle of nowhere they wont even admit they talked bad about the people that lived better off then but live in the shitter now because their loans defaulted.

you just have to live with it.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2011, 11:58:40 am »

wall of text refer above

Tank the reason people like to bash the USA is not because were jealous. Its because were tired of it, not because they are more successful. The country that thinks it should rule the world, and has deposed of democracies and installed dictators can even manage its own affairs.

And yes the fall of the US economy WILL affect our economy. How? not neccessairily negatively. Actually it will lead to alot of dispersion  of the global wealth, and like the fall of EVERY other great empire another will rise to take its place as the leader.

It would not be unfair to the rest of the world, it would just mean abit of restructuring. Like whats happening to EBgames/Gamestop, if you dont start being smart your going to die. (who wants to buy used games for the same prices as the new ones at bestbuy across the road)

That doesnt stop the Elite from trying to spread fear mongering amoungst us. Remember we really have nothing to lose. The rich folk on that hill, they do, its in thier best interest to keep us afraid and obediant, there money comes from us and our governments give them tax cuts, whos to say the next government system will?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 12:01:42 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2011, 12:03:59 pm »

Yea, I don't think your 'hill' analogy is correct to be honest, I don't envy the USA, I wouldn't want to live in the USA for more than for example a year, etc. I'm quite happy and proud to be a European. It's like Mysth said, really.

Since US politics have a big effect on the rest of the world, I think it's only fair 'the rest of the world' gets to be frustrated about US politics just like most US citizens. (On top of having to be frustrated about or own government, or lack thereof) China telling the US to get its shit in order is a good example, they're quite right to be pissed.

Though I am of the opinion that when it comes to universal human rights we, the international community, DO have the right to intervene, or at least criticise.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2011, 12:05:43 pm »

Actually it will lead to alot of dispersion  of the global wealth, ......

Could you elaborate on how you think that is going to happen?
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2011, 12:09:37 pm »

According to the Congressional Research Service, an estimated $55 billion was appropriated for foreign aid and diplomatic programs in fiscal 2010.

The lion’s share — approximately $47 billion in fiscal 2010 — of that sum is distributed as non-military aid.
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150132103309434&comments

I guess if they stopped helping out their neighbors, they would get their debt down a little faster. But then we would all just criticize them for not spreading their wealth......
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2011, 12:11:23 pm »

Heh, the US becoming irrelevant might actually be a good thing in the fight against climate change for one.
A number of other things come to mind; Israel, global military spending, etc

Unfortunately when the US goes down, so will China. I'm confident though that Europe & the rest of the world will be able to manage after the initial recession, we'll just need a proper European government.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2011, 12:12:07 pm »

Could you elaborate on how you think that is going to happen?

in a few short scentences? no i really can't.

but if you want to spend a few hours and do a little digging yourself maybe you could figure it out.

or if you really want to make it simple, look at the buying patterns of the canadian/american dollar. and if there economy crashes then there dollar will be really small. Figuring it out yet?

47 billion is alot tank, but there 600+ billion military budget is a little more.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2011, 12:12:56 pm »

With official US military expenditure at $0.6 trillion, but estimated as ACTUALLY being $2 trillion - do you really think it's the foreign aid they should be cutting, lol?
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2011, 12:17:05 pm »

According to the Congressional Research Service, an estimated $55 billion was appropriated for foreign aid and diplomatic programs in fiscal 2010.

The lion’s share — approximately $47 billion in fiscal 2010 — of that sum is distributed as non-military aid.
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150132103309434&comments

I guess if they stopped helping out their neighbors, they would get their debt down a little faster. But then we would all just criticize them for not spreading their wealth......

'Foreign aid' is rarely without motives. A lot of that money is spent on the war against terror for example.
In addition, it's also a way for US agriculture companies to 'dump' their excesses. Cutting US foreign aid would thus harm US economy in the long run.

I suppose the same could be said about the military, although I'm pretty sure you can cut quite a bit of military spending without having to reduce your amount of soldiers or 'downgrade' your army. Just look at the huge gap that exists between the US and China (number 1 & number 2 globally) in military spending, I wouldn't exactly consider China's army to be shitty.

Besides, when you have nukes you don't need a giant army. You only need a giant army if you intend on policing the rest of the world.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2011, 12:55:08 pm »

China's Army is actually pretty shitty, their tech level is so far behind it would be like fighting a more numerous Iraqi Army...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc