Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 02:38:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Super Congress  (Read 17914 times)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2011, 12:55:20 pm »

With official US military expenditure at $0.6 trillion, but estimated as ACTUALLY being $2 trillion - do you really think it's the foreign aid they should be cutting, lol?

No I think you are missing my point.

We bash them to mind their own business and stop poking their noses in our country. But at the same time, if they stopped giving foreign aid, the world would be all WTF!!! Just appears a little two faced to me.

or if you really want to make it simple, look at the buying patterns of the canadian/american dollar. and if there economy crashes then there dollar will be really small. Figuring it out yet?

Considering USA is Canada's largest trading partner. Could you explain how their economy collapsing would spread wealth to Canada? I am not being sarcastic. You said it would spread wealth and I just don't see how that is possible.

47 billion is a lot tank, but there 600+ billion military budget is a little more.
Very true, but I don't see your point. IMO they should be spending that 47B in their own country helping their own people, but the world would go ape shit if that happened.

Don't get me wrong folks, I am not all pro American. I just see people in general get all lynch mob against people who are better off economically then they are and happy to see them fail.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2011, 01:17:50 pm »

Considering USA is Canada's largest trading partner. Could you explain how their economy collapsing would spread wealth to Canada? I am not being sarcastic. You said it would spread wealth and I just don't see how that is possible.

Actually it quite simple, it would become very cheap to buy things from the US. including companies, also high chance of an increase in cheap labour. And while they are our largest trading partner, well, Europe and China can easily fill that role, the US is by far the only market.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2011, 01:29:20 pm »

And while they are our largest trading partner, well, Europe and China can easily fill that role, the US is by far the only market.

SO why is China & Europe not filling that role now?
China just became our second largest market for soft lumber, but still far below USA. That is a result of less product going to USA. If we lost the USA, there would not be an increase in Europe & China, but they would be higher on the list.

The end result is less product being sold - less wealth in Canada.

I assume USA is China's largest customer. If USA stops buying "made in China" product - Less wealth in China.

Some wealthy nations or businesses may be able to purchase American companies at a reduced rate, but if the Americans are not buying anything (cuz their broke) it appears to be a bad investment.

I think there may be a handful of people that would benefit from the USA failing, but I think the economic impact on the world would be far worse than good.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2011, 01:34:28 pm »

it would become very cheap to buy things from the US. including companies,

Except it really wouldn't. Exports would remain at pretty much the same real price(as a sudden, drastic depreciation in the US$ would also mean a sudden and very high level of inflation in the US) - and although it would mean companies in the US would be cheap assuming they are near bankruptcy - why the fuck would you buy them if they are about to fail and die? It would just be throwing money into the pond for no good reason.

Labour could become cheaper in the US as more and more people lose jobs and start agreeing to get paid less for whatever jobs they're doing - but it would not give YOU anything, unless you were to start a firm in the USA. In which case you would still be paying corporate tax to the US government, and wages to the US citizens. Meaning the now cheap labour force would benefit you only in the dividends you would receive - but the main beneficiary would still be the USA as a whole.

Want to see what happens when the USA gets fucked? Look at the Great Depression, and this latest Great Recession we've been having for the past few years. You been enjoying the Credit Crunch? I know I didn't like it one bit.

Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2011, 03:13:17 pm »

Besides, when you have nukes you don't need a giant army. You only need a giant army if you intend on policing the rest of the world.

REALLY?

That's just....idk, idiotic? ignorant? I have no words for this...
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2011, 03:16:36 pm »

Maybe now we can stop pretending that credit and loan means revenue and profit.
I am not a big fan of spending money you dont have. Amazing that idea actually went this far.

Somethings to consider also that may help the US.

Euro is only as strong as it is bc of a few well developed industrial countries. The rest are just piggy backing them. When America hurts the rest of the world feels it twice over. So Europe can be in way more trouble.

AAA downgrade could mean further investigation amongst other countries loan rating as well.

China and India dont want stronger currency since they depend on cheap labor.

US has enough farm land to feed 95% of the world. Plenty of coal in the mountains, and plenty of woodland, plenty of steel.

Things are going to suck. But im all for it. Maybe America and the rest of the world needed this wake up call. Be kind of cool to see America start building shit again, maybe steer away from cheap foreign plastics? Go old school. But i think the idea of the US actually building good quality products like they did back in the day is just a dream. The bottom line idea has become to big of a practice. Thats why I laugh when they think taxs cuts for wealthy people would create jobs.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 03:29:55 pm by Poppi » Logged
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2011, 03:21:34 pm »

Please get back on your feet, US!

http://www.oljefondet.no/#/forside

We have investments! Cheesy

~ 1/6 of the norwegian oil foundations stock are in stocks abroad in the US
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 03:23:07 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2011, 05:18:50 pm »

REALLY?

That's just....idk, idiotic? ignorant? I have no words for this...

It's hardly ignorant or idiotic. Ever heard of the concept of nuclear deterrence? Say China wanted to attack the US for some godforsaken reason. China has nukes, but it also knows the US has nukes. China knows that if they provoke the Americans with an invasion, the US may launch its nukes as a last resort. In turn, they'd have to launch their nukes at the US, and both countires would end up smouldering heaps of ash. Nobody wants that, so in today's day and age, nobody invades any large (nuke-possessing) country.

With nuclear weapons, one does not necessarily need a massive ground force like America has. America's forces are mostly used for international debacles instead of local affairs. If they cut their military, they could help their budget, while still being able to soundly defend their own country.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 05:21:34 pm by Vermillion_Hawk » Logged

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2011, 05:26:51 pm »

It's hardly ignorant or idiotic. Ever heard of the concept of nuclear deterrence? Say China wanted to attack the US for some godforsaken reason. China has nukes, but it also knows the US has nukes. China knows that if they provoke the Americans with an invasion, the US may launch its nukes as a last resort. In turn, they'd have to launch their nukes at the US, and both countires would end up smouldering heaps of ash. Nobody wants that, so in today's day and age, nobody invades any large (nuke-possessing) country.

With nuclear weapons, one does not necessarily need a massive ground force like America has. America's forces are mostly used for international debacles instead of local affairs. If they cut their military, they could help their budget, while still being able to soundly defend their own country.

I think in practice thats how it works.
But if in reality it did come down to an invasion from China. If China took the West Coast by some fucking miracle after loosing millions of soldiers in one day before even getting any boots on the ground, would the US risk a nuclear war? Nobody wins from that. If the US launched nukes at china, china can launch nukes on the east and mid east side of the US. And man everybody loses. I think the US would rather fight with bullets and regular bombs that way there is a America to fight for still.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 10:07:56 pm by Poppi » Logged
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2011, 06:05:27 pm »

What he said, not to mention that the US could cut it's military budget significantly and STILL remain ahead of China in terms of military technology. That being said, China does have a much larger population at its disposal, which is something the US could only dream of. Though again, not that it matters because two nuclear powers are very unlikely to go at war with each other anyway. (And I didn't even start about economic interdependence and all that fancy shit)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2011, 06:41:29 pm »

China's Army is actually pretty shitty, their tech level is so far behind it would be like fighting a more numerous Iraqi Army...

A vanilla volks sucks against a ranger squad with smg's. But spam 7,024,000 of them and the rangers are fucked......lol
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2011, 06:45:38 pm »

heheheheeheh EIR works in real life to  Cheesy

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2011, 06:59:29 pm »

One thing that bothers me is how so many Americans try to compare our nation to others around the world. I'm sick of speeches where people try and say that we need to beat China in 'x' many ways. The truth is that the only people that we should be competing with are ourselves. We need to fix our own problems and take care of our own people instead of worrying about where we stand in world affairs.

edit: I'm not really directing this towards anybody. I was just talking with someone about this today.

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2011, 07:01:22 pm »

A vanilla volks sucks against a ranger squad with smg's. But spam 7,024,000 of them and the rangers are fucked......lol

Triages are significantly worse in the real life doctrine too
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2011, 07:28:02 pm »

Except in real life you can wipe out a country in hours. Besides, its not like they could cross the Pacific in the first place.

Numbers only matter as long as both sides stay conventional.

DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2011, 07:37:15 pm »

Ok.

China invades USA or USA invades china

WHAT WOULD HAPPEN?

It wouldn't.

Maybe in about 100 years.

They know they cant even get across the pacific, and we know we would get roflpwned the second the boots touch the dirt in china.

I mean seriously china invade USA in eir is like, 129301920922390 volks in water cover trying to attack 23093980 bofurs on land with 2993 shermans swimming around in the water. And them volks dont have panzerfaust either.

And US invading china is like 20491 airborn squads paradroping ontop of 20209311420981 flakverlings.

So, nobody wins.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2011, 08:11:06 pm »

I think you completely misunderstand the nature of a global economy.

Not only that but you should do some research on how quickly china has modernized it's armed forces in the last 50 years. They are not exactly on a technological equality with the USA but with 3 million youth becoming eligible to serve every year they don't have to be.

Not only that but the Technological discrepancy isn't that significant either. I'd rate them at less then 10 years behind. While they still have stockpiles of older equipment it's mostly for training purposes and those are quickly becoming phased out.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
COHCommando Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2011, 09:01:25 pm »

the way America is going my life is going to suck
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2011, 10:10:19 pm »

the way America is going my life is going to suck

More so if you live outside of America.
Which is the ironic part
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 11:01:17 pm by Poppi » Logged
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2011, 11:53:44 am »

I would like to take the opportunity to bring this thread back onto the rails..., while US foreign policy may be interesting and all (and is probably the most people here can contribute) the OP had bigger fish to fry.

As stated before in the OP, what was created with the raising of the US debt ceiling is a de facto dictatorship over the United States purse strings. In case you missed the gravity of the OP ill restate it here because every U.S. citizen should be aware of this.

All new financial legislation will originate from the Super Congress, not the House of Representatives. This is the absolute foundation of government, what gets funded and what doesnt. It is the teeth of our personal representation in government.

Now only 12 individuals can choose what and what not to fund. They send their "recomendations" to the rest of Capital Hill for a simple up/down vote and if they dont vote "yes" then the Super Congress gets to choose the funding/defunding allocations anyways.

It is quite simply "Vote for what we want or we will do whatever the fuck we want"

Now, despite what is/has been publicly taught or is the public opinion of the nature of the U.S. Government, we are not a "Democracy", the United States is a "Republic" governed by the rule of Law.

For some reason, our politicians think that just because we voted for them, they can do whatever the fuck they want outside the law and this certainly pretains to the Congress voting away their rights to control the purse strings of the U.S. treasury.

Every U.S. citizen should pay attention to who voted for this legislation, and if not that, who will vote for and not for the repeal of this Super congress (It will happen, it will not be advertized) because the creation of this committee is outright Treason.

It is definitely something to write your congressman over at the very least, and at the very most, make sure your vote goes to removing him if he did vote for such a concentration of power.

Remember, Republics die with a whimper, not a bang.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc