Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 06:23:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Including Aircraft as units.  (Read 10791 times)
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« on: August 18, 2011, 08:01:39 am »

Idea I whipped up, nothing more then a basic concept.

EDIT: Error I just found, second line reads "Place a new T", meant to say "Placed as a new T3".

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 08:14:30 am »

I can say this now, this will not happen in EiR lol. Maybe EiR:2, but never here.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 09:19:07 am »

Been suggested before for rehular coh and is barley possible.

Next

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 10:41:55 am »

then maybe precision strike needs to be flown in off map, see how fast you whine. It does come in by plane and its way too accurate.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 10:47:00 am »

I had this one idea concerning aircraft. Aircraft would be purchased in the company window, but they would not be placed in a battalion, and would instead be placed in a special category. To use any airplane-based functions, such as any plane-based off map or a paradrop, you would need to have at least one airplane selected in this manner. Additional airplanes purchased would be like "safety nets" in case one plane is shot down. Airplanes would gain veterancy (cool down reduction, maybe +1 off maps at level 3) for kills from their offmaps and get maybe +2 exp per squad paradropped.

This would make playing as air-based doctrines much more interesting, and it would also serve the dual purpose of making anti-air much more meaningful on the battlefield.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 10:48:51 am »

then maybe precision strike needs to be flown in off map, see how fast you whine. It does come in by plane and its way too accurate.

Presison strike gives you loads of warnings before they land, what the hell are you whining about?

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 10:59:32 am »

Just let this go everybody its not happening in EiR. Doesn't matter how good it sounds to you its not feasible and when implemented it would not be executed correctly anyway.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 11:03:50 am »

Just let this go everybody its not happening in EiR. Doesn't matter how good it sounds to you its not feasible and when implemented it would not be executed correctly anyway.

Well I kind of liked my idea and stuff, but of course if the almighty DarkSoldier who controls all things EiR says it's improbable, it must be so, right?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 11:12:58 am »

Presison strike gives you loads of warnings before they land, what the hell are you whining about?

wrong thread -_-

and please...if it's a support weapon, it's undodgable.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 11:15:21 am »

Well I kind of liked my idea and stuff, but of course if the almighty DarkSoldier who controls all things EiR says it's improbable, it must be so, right?
Look, how many EiR maps look suited for airplanes? And even then, do you think it is suited for EiR gameplay?

A totally different mod suited for airplanes might work, but even then it would be limited in gameplay. The engine isn't made for that stuff.

Edit: Hell, look at it yourself -

http://www.xfire.com/video/5fbc8/

herpaderp next time listen to me
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 11:21:39 am by DarkSoldierX » Logged
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 12:36:15 pm »

Herpaderp not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about tying in requirements for plane-based offmaps and paradrops (maybe even gliders) to planes that you would buy in the company screen. The planes would not be controllable in any way, shape or form, except having one would be a requirement for plane-based offmaps and paradrops. If your offmaps plane is shot down, your plane in the company screen dies. It would add in an interesting tactical element in my opinion and it would make AA actually useful on the battlefield.

Surely it wouldn't be too hard to link a "unit" with the offmaps in such a way?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 12:38:50 pm by Vermillion_Hawk » Logged

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 12:51:53 pm »

You talking about what OMG mod has exept with vet?
if it would be tyed to vet people would start vet whoring offmaps of all things and then you would start playing against people with nothing but wirbles at start.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2011, 12:54:28 pm »

you could have an aircontroller. guy with a radio
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2011, 12:57:14 pm »

Herpaderp not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about tying in requirements for plane-based offmaps and paradrops (maybe even gliders) to planes that you would buy in the company screen. The planes would not be controllable in any way, shape or form, except having one would be a requirement for plane-based offmaps and paradrops. If your offmaps plane is shot down, your plane in the company screen dies. It would add in an interesting tactical element in my opinion and it would make AA actually useful on the battlefield.

Surely it wouldn't be too hard to link a "unit" with the offmaps in such a way?
Lol, I say something that has to do with the main idea of the thread, making absolutely no reference to you or your idea, and your the one who who makes a comment against it like somehow im going against YOUR idea, without making any reference to it.

What do you expect me to think when you post that?
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2011, 12:59:41 pm »

I was tossing around the idea of doing a side mod based on airplane battles, then having that tie to the warmap. It would be in a separate theatre, plane against plane, no ground units.

The only thing is, in order to get planes to fight eachother, they will not fly like planes. (no animations for it)

It would look something like this, you just kinda got to use your imagination. The CoH engine was never made to accomidate planes.

Also, I do not have the RGD experience for this. Maybe you could do it with custom NIS animations but, like I said, I got no idea how to make it go.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2011, 01:08:50 pm »

keep as off map, make plane selectable

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2011, 01:37:33 pm »

Could you guys not just make it for around 1 Accelleration but extremly low decell so it would go into speed but would not slow down to a halt?
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2011, 01:43:12 pm »

Could you guys not just make it for around 1 Accelleration but extremly low decell so it would go into speed but would not slow down to a halt?

Yes. Long story short, if the map is big enough and the planes are set to a slow move forward with the shadows disabled, the animation of the planes and animation of the SCAR cloud smoke would make it look as if the planes are flying over a landscape when they in fact arnt really moving anywhere. People who have flown know what I am talking about, it would be a slight of hand type deal.

In fact, this would be a good side project for anyone wanting to impress the SDT with RGD skills.

I had a whole write up set down, it's a mod with 6 units pretty much and some custom maps, so it would be pretty easy, it just would take a lot of experience to look "Right" if you know what I mean.

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2011, 01:44:41 pm »

well have fun with that and i hope you will succeed
i was allso able to make the Airdrop dummys i was trying to get you guys to aproove but ignored in the end.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2011, 01:47:33 pm »

Yeah, i just like the idea of an aerial aspect to the mod. It could be it's own separate mod with equal weight on the warmap. You can either choose to do a land battle, or spend some resources on a fighter wing to go on a bombing sortie or something to represent air superiority, and that would also tie into what kind of air support you are given for ground battles through warmap stuff.

I am saying, it would just be nice. Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc