Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 01:22:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "The Muslim Problem"  (Read 43772 times)
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2011, 02:37:00 pm »

Banning religion will solve nothing, the problem is not entrenched in the religion itself, but in the culture that surrounds it.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2011, 02:40:04 pm »

I say we just ban all religions, that should solve our problome.

What would be the point? people would still worship whatever gods?

See religion is something for people to have faith and belive in, many think it is a great thing to turn to in times of need, or to help them with there life.

Im not religous, but i am open to scientific proof of a god, or gods.

The real problem is that when religous people go to far and use it as an excuse, an intimidation, a oppressant or try to force it on people.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2011, 02:47:13 pm »

smurfornot you cant be serious with the Muslims being the new Jews of Europe .
Mainstream Islam is far too totalitarian plus UK suffrage movement hasn't fought for women right for 100 years just to be degraded and oppressed again . And that's how the Burkha is viewed , oppressive. Plus the obvious problems with security as individuals cant be identified.

On top of that Mainstream Islam simply does not respect 'western values'.
http://frontpagemag.com/2011/10/28/oslos-epidemic-of-rape/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8n9M_aJW5c&feature=related

This is simply one of the problems with Islam, its a medieval religion. Christianity used to be oppressive. As demonstrated by the dark ages and crusades. What we are seeing is uneducated people trying to live in a more progressive and free society.

I'm sorry, but I agree with Hitchens on this. The Abrachamic Religions are the true axis of evil.

Your post is a convulated mess without internal logic.

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2011, 02:49:16 pm »

The real problem is that when religous people go to far and use it as an excuse, an intimidation, a oppressant or try to force it on people.

and if we banned religion, we would find something else to use as an excuse.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2011, 02:50:07 pm »

Im not religous, but i am open to scientific proof of a god, or gods.

Hahahaha, say whaaaaat?
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2011, 02:53:45 pm »

and if we banned religion, we would find something else to use as an excuse.

The thing is though that there are MANY religious nutjobs that don't use Religion as an excuse. On top of that religion is pretty much the only thing in the entire world that can make ordinary, sane people perform absolutely horrible deeds.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2011, 02:54:57 pm »

To be honest I would be fine with Islam were it not for the culture that permeates it. If Islamists want to practice wearing the hijab, the burkha, and all that, they should go back to their own country. Countries need to start getting tougher on immigrant culture when that culture involves violations of basic human rights and security hazards.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2011, 02:57:06 pm »

To be honest I would be fine with Islam were it not for the culture that permeates it. If Islamists want to practice wearing the hijab, the burkha, and all that, they should go back to their own country. Countries need to start getting tougher on immigrant culture when that culture involves violations of basic human rights and security hazards.

What you are saying is basicly the same thing as saying that all Christians are Evangelic.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2011, 02:58:11 pm »

On top of that religion is pretty much the only thing in the entire world that can make ordinary, sane people perform absolutely horrible deeds.

No its the only thing Atheists use to get out of jail.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2011, 03:00:06 pm »

The thing is though that there are MANY religious nutjobs that don't use Religion as an excuse. On top of that religion is pretty much the only thing in the entire world that can make ordinary, sane people perform absolutely horrible deeds.

hitler wasn't religious cultist yes, totally different, and neither was Stalin.

anyone who does horrible deeds wasn't sane in the first place

and btw, who the heck is truly sane anyway, i know i'm nuts.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2011, 03:01:28 pm »

Hahahaha, say whaaaaat?

Well i find it hard to belive or have any faith in something such as a god. I do however fully believe in science and logic. If i can't see, hear or touch something, then i don't belive it exsists.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2011, 03:04:29 pm »

What you are saying is basicly the same thing as saying that all Christians are Evangelic.

At what point did I say that all Muslims were like that? I in fact am friends with several Muslims who don't believe in those aspects. You're comparing the two religions without taking into account the areas where these religions are widespread. Christianity exists largely in the western world, where freedoms of thought and expression are encouraged for the most part. Islam, however, exists largely in an environment where strict cultural rules are enforced, not only by the community leaders but by some governments as well. Hence, it would be obvious that more extremists would be produced in Islam than in Christianity. If Christianity was largely put into a similar environment, I have no doubt we would start seeing similar cultural phenomena.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2011, 03:07:43 pm »

Well i find it hard to belive or have any faith in something such as a god. I do however fully believe in science and logic. If i can't see, hear or touch something, then i don't belive it exsists.

Well if you're into science then you should know that Science and Religion doesn't have anything in common at all. It's like firing a rocket to determine the base index value of gold.
alexthesoldier Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2011, 03:14:48 pm »

Sachaztan , don't see the problem.
Agree I could formulate it better. But here is what im trying to say more or less.

Islam = Oppressive totalitarian regime. It wants to control. Look at religious states such as Iran or Pakistan or Saudi Arabia. I mean they have a bloody blaspheme Law. And minorities such as atheist or even Catholics are prosecuted.

Now put these people, with views such as these into a more modern or developed country such as Norway. Where freedom of speech and tolerance are very important.  There will be a obvious clash from a culture that tries to limit and oppress critical thinking and varying opinion.

The two are simply incompatible .
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2011, 03:15:05 pm »

Wind - Can't see it, can't hear it, can't touch it, but you know it's there because of the affect it has on other things.

Gravity - Can't see it, hear it or touch it but you know it's there because of its affect on other things.

Also science and logic proves God exists. It's more idiotic to believe that the universe created itself rather than something greater than it created it.

just the same as you know gravity exists because of how it affects the physical word, you can know God exists because of His affect on the physical world. Namely, it couldn't have been created or continue to exist without Him, that's proven.

Tell me, how can the earth need a precise ratio of oxygen in the air (21.1 to 21.9%) in order for man to continue to live upon this rock and from when there were 1,000 to 7 billion people that this radio hasn't changed.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2011, 03:17:07 pm »

At what point did I say that all Muslims were like that? I in fact am friends with several Muslims who don't believe in those aspects. You're comparing the two religions without taking into account the areas where these religions are widespread. Christianity exists largely in the western world, where freedoms of thought and expression are encouraged for the most part. Islam, however, exists largely in an environment where strict cultural rules are enforced, not only by the community leaders but by some governments as well. Hence, it would be obvious that more extremists would be produced in Islam than in Christianity. If Christianity was largely put into a similar environment, I have no doubt we would start seeing similar cultural phenomena.

Right about here.
"To be honest I would be fine with Islam were it not for the culture that permeates it."

Most Muslims live in Asia (60%), not in the middle east/north africa (20%). The top 3 countries by Muslim population is Indonesia, Pakistan and India. What you describe only fits with Pakistan. Need I mention that the culture in Indonesia and India is not the same as lets say Saudi Arabia?
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2011, 03:17:12 pm »

Timeless Tym's classic.

'you can't hear wind'  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Also science and logic proves God exists. It's more idiotic to believe that the universe created itself rather than something greater than it created it.

LOL

Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2011, 03:19:31 pm »

Also science and logic proves God exists.

Either you are a complete moron or trolling.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2011, 03:19:35 pm »

Tell me, how can the earth need a precise ratio of oxygen in the air (21.1 to 21.9%) in order for man to continue to live upon this rock and from when there were 1,000 to 7 billion people that this radio hasn't changed.

Tym's retardness levels reach over 90000000000000000000000000 in this thread
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2011, 03:20:54 pm »

Timeless Tym's classic.

'you can't hear wind'  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

LOL

no, you can't hear wind. just the wind rushes past your ears or through trees. wind itself has no sound. all wind is a change of air pressure.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc