Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 01:25:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "The Muslim Problem"  (Read 43782 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #100 on: November 03, 2011, 04:12:36 pm »

Hammer has different purposes so it might not be bad, but gun for example serves for the purpose of killing so it is bad in a sense. Who knows what for religion was created, looking at centuries of crusades makes you go HMMMMMMMM.

crusades = idiotic catholics, not christians, who were sanctioned by a country, totally different.

Neither does a religion. I've read the bible, it never tried to change my opinion. Priests of any creed might, but again, they are people, not the religion.

just believe people screw up the message like theyre playing telephone, doesn't mean the original message is wrong.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #101 on: November 03, 2011, 04:13:03 pm »

they are people, not the religion.
And who created religions?

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #102 on: November 03, 2011, 04:13:12 pm »

actually, society more and more uses old arguments to try and prove god doesn't exist while the scientific world keeps getting closer and closer to proving that he does indeed exist and that the big bang itself proves it. Its all too perfect.

I'm not one of those christians who rely on pure faith, i have researched many things, read lots of books, watched documentaries. faith isn't faith without a foundation to base it on.

People thought that god was behind everything that they didn't understand. Just because it's not understood does not mean God did it. I also find your belief that it is YOUR God that did it very arrogant. Who's to say it's not another god entirely? Maybe Cthulu or Flying Spaghetti Monster.

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #103 on: November 03, 2011, 04:13:42 pm »

And who created religions?

And who created the hammer. Is the hammer evil because one person uses it as a tool for murder?
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #104 on: November 03, 2011, 04:14:33 pm »

stop picking on the poor hammer.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #105 on: November 03, 2011, 04:16:04 pm »

Grin
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2011, 04:18:25 pm »

Its all too perfect.

The conditions on earth are perfect. But how does that necessarily mean there a higher force controlling this? The conditions on earth are perfect but not perfect for a billion other planets.

The only reason you would believe there is a higher force is because that's what they thought hundreds of years ago and it has since lived on through generations of brainwashing.

And who created the hammer. Is the hammer evil because one person uses it as a tool for murder?

Yes, if the hammer convinced the person to commit murder then, yes.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2011, 04:20:35 pm »

Bigdick you dried sack of used diapers, whats wrong with gays?

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2011, 04:21:27 pm »

A hammer, like a book, cannot convince you to do something. You can convince yourself to do something though. I've been to services for about 10 different religions and sects. Never once was I convinced by them to become a member or to do anything based on said religious outlook.

That's like claiming that GTA is a "murder simulator" that teaches our children to kill and steal.
gungun
« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2011, 04:22:02 pm »

to sum up

religion = hammer

no difference.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2011, 04:22:47 pm »

A hammer, like a book, cannot convince you to do something. You can convince yourself to do something though. I've been to services for about 10 different religions and sects. Never once was I convinced by them to become a member or to do anything based on said religious outlook.

Yes but you probably didn't have very religious parents who forced their beliefs onto you. And you probably haven't grown up in a country where religion is huge part of the culture and not being religious is worse than being a murderer.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 04:26:06 pm by PonySlaystation » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2011, 04:24:09 pm »

People thought that god was behind everything that they didn't understand. Just because it's not understood does not mean God did it. I also find your belief that it is YOUR God that did it very arrogant. Who's to say it's not another god entirely? Maybe Cthulu or Flying Spaghetti Monster.

just cuz some people use it for things they dont understand doesn't mean I do.

all i'm sa ying is I believe there is a god and the god of the bible matches more closely with the things that science, archeology, and astronomy has proven to be true.

and how is saying that one thing is correct arrogant?

People though galileo was arrogant saying the earth rotated around the sun, he was proven correct. That columbus was arrogant saying the world was round, not flat.

you need a certain amount of energy to create mass. the thing is, at the end of it all someone will be correct, does that make them arrogant? Or just right?
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #112 on: November 03, 2011, 04:25:08 pm »

There's no such thing as 'the islam' and your "average Muslim". Islam differs greatly from region to region. We westerners far too often forget that little fact when we go ahead and throw around our usual stereotype bullshit. It is true that the majority of European immigrants these days are 'muslims' but UNLIKE mexicans in the USA those 'muslims' do not have anything in common other than their religion. (Which would also depend on the region that they are from, islam in north africa is quite different to the islam practised in the middle east)

The problem should therefore be refered to as a problem of immigration, not of a religion. Immigration is a normal aspect of history. It used to be immigrants from Europe, now it's immigrants from (mainly) North Africa and Turkey. As the world globalises further you can expect to see more inter cultural mobility and a move towards a multicultural society.

P.S. For the record, I think all religions are retarded and it will only be a matter of time before they are abolished. A modern society has no need for religion.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #113 on: November 03, 2011, 04:25:46 pm »

Sachaztan , don't see the problem.
Agree I could formulate it better. But here is what im trying to say more or less.

Islam = Oppressive totalitarian regime. It wants to control. Look at religious states such as Iran or Pakistan or Saudi Arabia. I mean they have a bloody blaspheme Law. And minorities such as atheist or even Catholics are prosecuted.

Now put these people, with views such as these into a more modern or developed country such as Norway. Where freedom of speech and tolerance are very important.  There will be a obvious clash from a culture that tries to limit and oppress critical thinking and varying opinion.

The two are simply incompatible .

Allright here's the first problem with that post. How does "smurfornot you cant be serious with the Muslims being the new Jews of Europe . " connect to the rest of your post? There's no train of logic in there. I'm not even sure what you are trying to say with that one!

Then there's all the talk about "mainstream Islam" which tbh is just taken out of your ass. Unless you don't understand what mainstream means in which case you shouldn't even be using that word in the first place.

Finally there's this baffling comparison between Islam and Christianity where you first say that Christianity is evolved and Islam is retarded. Then you go on and say that they are BOTH "the true axis of evil"! WTF!? And just for t3h lulz you throw in Judaism into the bunch, cuz Jews haven't gotten enough hate in this thread or something. Not to mention that you used that ridiculous phrase coined by one of the worst speech-givers in history.

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
alexthesoldier Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #114 on: November 03, 2011, 04:26:12 pm »

you need a certain amount of energy to create mass.

I'm sorry , what?
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #115 on: November 03, 2011, 04:27:10 pm »

The conditions on earth are perfect. But how does that necessarily mean there a higher force controlling this? The conditions on earth are perfect but not perfect for a billion other planets.

The only reason you would believe there is a higher force is because that's what they thought hundreds of years ago and it has since lived on through generations of brainwashing.

Yes, if the hammer convinced the person to commit murder then, yes.

I've come to the conclusion that Tym isn't as much of a complete idiot but more of a troll, so just ignore him.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #116 on: November 03, 2011, 04:27:21 pm »

Again, not the religions fault.

Blame the parents for being shitty parents. Mine encouraged me to explore both sides. I find that having a spiritual side to my life (different than a religious side) helps me maintain my balance with everything else going on.

Blame people for their faults, not the tools.

Tym, most of the Gods people have ever believed in could fit your theory of needing a super powerful entity to create the universe. The Christian God isn't even original, and changes completely between the Old and New Testament. Saying that your Christ God is the one that did it is silly, you can believe in A god, but saying it's the one from your VERSION of a book is silly. Which is all the Christian bible is, a version of a book, that has been changed and edited for 2000 years to support the views of the people in power.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #117 on: November 03, 2011, 04:30:48 pm »

I've come to the conclusion that Tym isn't as much of a complete idiot but more of a troll, so just ignore him.

I'm accepting bets on the opposite, but how will we measure?
alexthesoldier Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #118 on: November 03, 2011, 04:30:55 pm »

Fine Sachaztan , im wrong. And thank you for proving me wrong.
Hitchens might be a bad speech giver but he still makes a fairly good point.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #119 on: November 03, 2011, 04:33:51 pm »

Fine Sachaztan , im wrong. And thank you for proving me wrong.
Hitchens might be a bad speech giver but he still makes a fairly good point.

Hitchens didn't coin that expression, George W Bush did.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc