Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 03:14:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Poll
Question: Should Assault Abilities be Banned from EIR?
Yes
No
Only AW
Only WM Assault
Only Incin Assault

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ban Assault Abilities  (Read 19169 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« on: November 05, 2011, 01:06:21 am »

Should all assault abilities be taken out? Or just individual abilities.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 05:02:27 am »

I still don't see any logical reason why a breakthrough weapon ability should be removed.  It is like removing Suppression because it causes infantry to crawl and be in effective.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 05:15:14 am »

They are fine as long as you cant have too many. They are quite fun to use and also have counters.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
nugnug
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 05:18:49 am »

Tym why don't you just remove whole coh and go play a realistic game? This thread is as much pointless as 'remove cloak' or 'remove smth else' threads.  

Assault as cloak as tank fights from 1 meter are a part of COH and were always and will be always. This is why we like this game in the first place. If i wanted MEGA UBER HARDKOR REALISM game i'd play smth different, but those things are fun, that's why coh is good. Removing this stuff would only gimp eir further.
Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean other people don't like it.Your poll proves this also.This is the reason why COH is so popular after so many years,because it has many unrealistic stuff that makes it fun to play.Relic knew what it was doing, i highly doubt Tym that you know better than Relic what is good or not.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 05:25:44 am by nugnug » Logged
CommieKiller Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 05:24:58 am »

Why remove when you can nerf it Huh

nugnug
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 05:26:20 am »

Why remove when you can nerf it Huh

assault on grens was nerfed so hard that it is over priced and nearly useless right now thanks to the likes of Tym who can only cry and then  trololololo with stuff like jumbo.
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 05:27:39 am »

assault on grens was nerfed so hard that it is over priced and nearly useless right now thanks to the likes of Tym.
Surely you are a retard nug.....

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=10137.0

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

nugnug
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011, 05:28:48 am »

You're so edgy Hants that you're practicaly round.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 07:27:42 am »

srsly nugs?
 another fake account?

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2011, 07:56:51 am »

Icelandic I think you are unaware of the definition of fake account :p

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2011, 08:09:14 am »

No You are a fake account
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2011, 08:16:30 am »

nubnub was banned for being retard. All his arguments are inert. Not say id totaly remove assault, but it should be reworked. Its a ability that requires much more micro on the receiving side compared to the using side to counter.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2011, 08:26:48 am »

Its a ability that requires much more micro on the receiving side compared to the using side to counter.

So basically you are saying that you are lazy and don't want to micro your unit to escape that said ability?

Then it is Learn 2 Play case man.
nugnug
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2011, 08:35:13 am »

He is one of those who thinks that relocating an mg is already a intensive micro.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2011, 09:01:56 am »

it's simple,if you can micro,you have the edge compared to assault player who has it 'easy way' point and click,but cant control unit at all,and can also easily loose it without doing anything if other player can micro his stuff good.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2011, 09:03:45 am »

So basically you are saying that you are lazy and don't want to micro your unit to escape that said ability?

Then it is Learn 2 Play case man.
Don't put shit into my mouth. Why should the enemy micro 5x as much as the enemy did?

Clicks Click assault click target. Done.

vs.

Click all possible targeted units(squad being targeted proboly going to die anyway, unless the assault user is nubnub), move back. Click tank/veh, attack assault + move forward to cush/move. Click all other AI units, attack enemy assaulter.

3 clicks

vs

7 absolute minimal, (thats assuming you have your squads blobbed up for a huge arty target). most likely 15+

Not to mention you have to keep monitoring your units when the assaulter can just "lol k tiem 2 do other stuf"

nugnug
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2011, 09:10:02 am »

You move away and he looses 50 mu, if he has 4 squads and points at everyone  and you move away in all directions that's 200 mu wasted without taking a hit even if you have to make 4 clicks vs 200mu more.Imagine that!  4 clicks ! such an extensive micro IMPOSSIBLE TO BE DONE.
That's why you fail failsoldier, because it's too hard for you too understand that.

Not to mention you have to keep monitoring your units when the assaulter can just

So you are just being lazy, i monitor my troops all time. 

l2p
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 09:23:03 am by nugnug » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2011, 09:10:18 am »

I was tired when i postd this and didn't explain my reasonings.

1. Assault is broken and has been and it seems can't be fixed.
It's supposed to fire only one volley, which it will do if you're standing still but if you run from it, like any smart player should do, it will keep throwing until the target retreats or dies. It will even throw the nades into a building if you try and get into one.

2. It's not an assaulting ability, it's a "get out of trouble" ability as well. Unlike Fireup which penalizes you when used or sprint which has no buffs to it, fire up not only allows you to break suppression, it lowers incoming suppression, incoming damaged AND incoming accuracy, thus making it very hard to try and kill whats coming at you, let alone stop it. You aren't always going to have a tank nearby.

3. a Vanilla volks with only assault can beat a vet 3 ranger unit with no problem, its' the ultimate force multiplier and no other upgrade on a unit can do this. Yes it costs a bit and has been nerfs but it's still really powerful, same goes for AW, this isn't an axis bash like some of you are trying to make it out to be but i dont like assywf or wm assault.
nugnug
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2011, 09:14:04 am »

3. a Vanilla volks with only assault can beat a vet 3 ranger unit with no problem,

fat lie Tym, fat lie.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2011, 09:26:29 am »

Its not. Both sides should lose the ability; it just doesnt fit into EiR imho. Eir is (afaik) supposed to be based on superior micro and unit preservation (during a single match) to outthink/out attrition the enemy, not "lolk i click button and force your entire line back" abilities. Throwing an assload of grenades is fine, making your squad unsuppressable and practically immune to small arms and in some cases (through smoke or using the ability from or into cover) tank shells, isnt.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc