Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 04, 2024, 01:22:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

by Bear
[October 02, 2024, 01:14:57 pm]

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best anime ever, Chico to Pico  (Read 4896 times)
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: December 05, 2011, 07:50:36 am »

I recently started watching an anime entitled Pico to Chico, and all I can say is… Wow. Unlike so many modern shows that stumble over every excruciating minutia of their characters, Pico to Chico tastefully crafts a story and leaves the characters to mystery (only a fool would dare call the character development “shallow”). Post-modern existentialism is the soup of the day as we progress through their adventure, only to find that materialism is the only thing that keeps us living, but it’s not in a pompous, pseudo-intellectual style that implies that’s a recent phenomena; it’s handled delicately but will impact you in a way that leaves you asking “Why?” Unlike our hack-ridden film industry, Pico to Chico uses metaphors in an excruciatingly subtle way. Sharp-eyed spectators should be able to spot the humanistic properties Chico’s sister displays. Just when you think all of the questions raised will be answered, the film comes to a halt, leaving you, the viewer, left to ponder the hidden questions scholars have kept to themselves up to their untimely deaths.

I don’t think this film justifies an arbitrary rating of stars; it’s much better than that. It deserves a place among the highest modern philosophical works of our world. Nietzsche, thy name is Pico.

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 10:01:32 am »

ah wtf?
http://anothermusicblogthatwontcurecancer.blogspot.com/2010/11/because.html
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 10:45:45 am »

http://www.google.hr/search?q=chico+to+pico&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=hr&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=fPTcTpnaC9DgtQbmwayADA&biw=1280&bih=881&sei=ffTcTs2xNZDEswbMuZG9DA

what kind of anime is this...I just google it,guess what pooped as one of the pictures...9th row,middle ...
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 12:03:30 pm »

so is this promoting a young gay boy anime?
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 12:19:28 pm »

Anime = Why?

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 01:12:08 pm »

Nietzsche is the sad icon if a bunch of goth'ed up narcissists. Try to find heroes that actually did something

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 01:23:34 pm »

Bleach.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 01:28:40 pm »

Claymore
Naruto
Bleach
Fairy Tail
One Piece
D.Gray-Man
Love So Life
Beelzebub
Historys Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Berzerk
Kuroshitsuji
Ao No Exorcist

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 01:32:29 pm »

Claymore
Naruto
Bleach
Fairy Tail
One Piece
D.Gray-Man
Love So Life
Beelzebub
Historys Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Berzerk
Kuroshitsuji
Ao No Exorcist

You forgot Chico to Pico, I know you are an aficionado of it =)
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 01:57:28 pm »

Hellsing
Break Blade
Neon Genesis
Macross!
Gundam
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 02:41:13 pm »

I hate anime with a violent passion. It's not the animations fault though. It's just that Japanese narrative style where they have to explain EVERY little detail multiple times throughout an episode -either because the story and plot devices are convoluted/nonsensical, or they just don't trust the viewer to follow along because they assume fans are idiots. It's a shame too, because a lot of anime is built on really interesting premises. Like Ghost in the Shell. I really want to like that show, but it's ruined by the aforementioned narrative style.  

That said... there is some anime out there that I do like and I highly recommend.

Paranoia Agent (The weirdest show of all time)
Berzerk (Greatest ending to a TV series ever)
Cowboy Bebop (Like just about everybody else)

Anyone here ever watch the Sci-Fi channel back when it was good? I'm talking pre-2000's before the only shit they ever put on the air was made-for-TV garbage. The good ol' days when they'd play shows like MST3k, Night Gallery, and the bad-ass mid century B monster movies. Back in the day, every Saturday morning, they'd have a block of anime movies and they were always really cool. The only one I can remember the title to was Iria Zeiram. Good shit, it was. Good shit.    

I type way to much.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 02:43:16 pm by Malgoroth » Logged
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 03:08:17 pm »

F u All

Best animes are -

Darker then Black

Elfen Lied

Code Geass

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
SpaceHamster Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 03:12:47 pm »

fate/stay night

that is all.

The warmap is like Dukenukem Forever.

No one thinks it will ever be released, then several years after everyone has given up the little hope they have it gets released from out of nowhere. And then it turns out it sucks.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 04:33:31 pm »

as kid I loved to watch dragon ball Z on TV  Cheesy
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 04:44:46 pm »

i like so few good anime movies/shows. They have become to affected by japanese culture of emo kids or kids who save the world or too much talking and sharing of emotions.

Bezerk and vampire hunter D are one of the few animes i like. Record of lodoss wars was also good
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 05:03:29 pm »

I hate anime with a violent passion. It's not the animations fault though. It's just that Japanese narrative style where they have to explain EVERY little detail multiple times throughout an episode -either because the story and plot devices are convoluted/nonsensical, or they just don't trust the viewer to follow along because they assume fans are idiots. It's a shame too, because a lot of anime is built on really interesting premises. Like Ghost in the Shell. I really want to like that show, but it's ruined by the aforementioned narrative style.   

That said... there is some anime out there that I do like and I highly recommend.

Paranoia Agent (The weirdest show of all time)
Berzerk (Greatest ending to a TV series ever)
Cowboy Bebop (Like just about everybody else)

Anyone here ever watch the Sci-Fi channel back when it was good? I'm talking pre-2000's before the only shit they ever put on the air was made-for-TV garbage. The good ol' days when they'd play shows like MST3k, Night Gallery, and the bad-ass mid century B monster movies. Back in the day, every Saturday morning, they'd have a block of anime movies and they were always really cool. The only one I can remember the title to was Iria Zeiram. Good shit, it was. Good shit.   

I type way to much.
This. Also Legend of Galactic Heroes. Ranks among one of my favourite shows ever despite being an anime

I tried watching some of the popular stuff like Bleach and Naruto but seriously they feel the need to pause the action ever 5 seconds to explain EVERYTHING. It's cool guys don't worry about spilling your secrets to the dude fighting you to the death, gotta explain everything in excruciating detail. One piece is pretty cool though

Oh and berserk had the most infuriating end to anything ever. The only thing that has ever made me pick those god awful black and white things the Japanese call manga just to find out wtf happened.

Oh yeah and fuck you OP. Just googleing that made my eyes bleed
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 05:09:01 pm by shockcoil » Logged

Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2011, 06:03:52 pm »

The ending of Berserk is truly epic.

My hatred and love for that ending made me feel like tearing myself in half when I saw it.
Evilnrg Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011, 10:47:53 am »

Deathnote
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2011, 12:07:23 pm »

The ending of Berserk is truly epic.

My hatred and love for that ending made me feel like tearing myself in half when I saw it.

ya i know the feeling. Like last 15 minutes of a 10 hour show everyone dies.

I did play the game on Dream Cast. Takes place after the events of the movie.

Dont read the comics. The dialogue is horrible. Like "oh fuck, fucking fairies! Im going to shit stab you". Plus... some disturbing stuff goes down. One that I wish i could unsee.  
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 12:10:45 pm by Poppi » Logged
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2011, 11:34:59 am »

ya i know the feeling. Like last 15 minutes of a 10 hour show everyone dies.

I did play the game on Dream Cast. Takes place after the events of the movie.

Dont read the comics. The dialogue is horrible. Like "oh fuck, fucking fairies! Im going to shit stab you". Plus... some disturbing stuff goes down. One that I wish i could unsee.  

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc