Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 03, 2024, 11:16:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

by Bear
[Yesterday at 01:14:57 pm]

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need More Sneak Peeks  (Read 11307 times)
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2012, 08:15:46 am »

Cry

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2012, 08:17:18 am »

This information stays in the contributors corner please.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2012, 08:53:01 am »

What do the icons on map represent?

and is the sectors going to act like the warmap slider from EIR?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2012, 09:07:23 am »

To demon, even though i ahven't been told im going to guess.

1 - mp/mu/fu icons - more munitions. advantages tab is gone, this is how we get more munis and its company wide not just a single player

2 - industrial icon - more...pool? faster call on rate? more stuff?

3 - Big Star - major capture points. Cap, whittle down enemy to 0, win.

4 - Neutral point - may lead to more supplies in another way.

I love it though, much more than the last warmap beta.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2012, 09:34:30 am »

because both sides start off with different amounts if we were to assume the mp/mu/fu icons.

so it confused me
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2012, 10:22:50 am »

because both sides start off with different amounts if we were to assume the mp/mu/fu icons.

so it confused me

who said it was the start? it could just be in progress. Like in the first WM beta, you started off with neutral or home sectors and worked your way towards certain things, could be same here as you see that the US & WM Sector CAp start off on opposite sides.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 10:27:47 am by Tymathee » Logged
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2012, 03:16:07 pm »

Tym, I appreciate you trying to guess....... but seriously dude, why create a bunch of drama if you do not know for sure. I guess you get a couple of point for guessing some of it correct....

1 - mp/mu/fu icons - more munitions. advantages tab is gone, this is how we get more munis and its company faction wide not just a single player

2 - industrial icon - Most likely reward units / cards or some other bonus. It has not been 100% determined yet.

- The large Icons are the deployment points
- The image you see is just an example of what the map will look like during play. The dark grey areas have not been captured yet. The colored areas (Green = Allied / Red = Axis) indicate the controlled sectors.
- The neutral icons are just that / neutral. There current locations may or may not be changed prior to community release.
- The airplane icon will give airborne the ability to attack 2 sectors away.

How the Warmap starts (in regards to controlled sectors) will depend on the campaign we are running. For the first run out, it may start exactly how you see it. Or it may start with no controlled sectors and everyone starting from the large icon deployment area.

The visual representation of the wars progress will be the colors of the sectors.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2012, 03:45:21 pm »

Basically, this is not the end layout - and you are quite welcome to suggest a scenario setup.

Each of the resource icons represent MP,MU and FU respectively.
It will be faction wide, and replaces the advantages tab.

The airport, and the industrial center are two special rule locations.
The airport will allow Luft + AB to set their attack location to *2* territories away, rather than one.
It will also allow those companies to re-deploy 2 sectors away as an action. (Say, after they just capture a sector, to defend it until other units can get there).

The industrial center will give a locational bonus to warmap units.  Either in a higher chance for a better units, or allowing a default set of reward units for free into your company if you are located there.

The stars are 'spawn' points.  You can only deploy here.

The empty rings, are just sectors.  We *MAY* allow factions to purchase a bonus there for a large amount of support points - but at this time, I havent decided.

We will be adding in different sector types, as well as temporary sector bonuses in the second phase of beta.  These will be infantry, AT and Tank pieces which give users in that territory bonuses to attack, support or defence.  The will also be sacrificed in lieu of Defence points if the sector gets low.  They will be movable from sector -> sector.

Uhm... what else.....  Thats about it from the screen shot ;P

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2012, 07:43:49 pm »

are we having the same battle layout as before. moving tanks,infantry,mg etc on the chess board or are we just have a slider showing the way the battle is running through in the sector?
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2012, 09:33:23 pm »

are we having the same battle layout as before. moving tanks,infantry,mg etc on the chess board or are we just have a slider showing the way the battle is running through in the sector?
Not the same as before.

And a sector is lost when its defence points are 0.
Attacking takes points.
Defending adds points.
So, you can picture that as a slider if you want.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2012, 09:54:37 pm »

When you look at the Warmap - if most of the sectors are red, then the axis are winning. If most of the sectors are green, then the allies are winning.

There is no slider. The warmap "is" the slider.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2012, 09:55:59 pm »

Fantastic I like that very much over the chess board.

Wow, that actually excites me quite a lot about EIRR now.

Nice! got nothing bad to say about it, should be the last iteration of warmap implemented.

Pretty excited about it now.

OH will their be visual clues as to what sectors are being attacked?

Tank, eirrmod answered my question about the slider/sector functionality
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2012, 11:18:55 pm »

Fantastic I like that very much over the chess board.
Yeah, you can thank Leo for that.  His incessant whinging about how it sucked finally broke through and made me change it.

OH will their be visual clues as to what sectors are being attacked?
Sort of, when you hover-over each sector, you can see what battles have occured, and the results.
I will probably put in a 'Warning, low defence' type icon - so you can see, if thats what you mean.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2012, 11:26:56 pm »

Yeah i was thinking about like, Big red arrows showing the push direction into sectors.

I was just thinking, what is the mechanic to decide who gets the turn to attack. For example, i dont know my european map but i think its holland that is greyed at the beginning

so for example the axis and allies attack the sector, and the axis win. who will decide who will attack next? because if axis took holland, allies attack straight away and the defence counter start.... axis defend but allies attack again without the chance for the axis to attack the next adjacent sectors.

Or will front lines sectors always be contested.

So an allied sector and an Axis sector will both be under attack and under defense counters and the first to occupy the adjacent sector means that the defence of the other sector achieves a compulsory defense victory, no matter the little defence points left just because the opposing adjacent sector was occupied.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2012, 12:12:38 am »

Yeah i was thinking about like, Big red arrows showing the push direction into sectors.

I was just thinking, what is the mechanic to decide who gets the turn to attack. For example, i dont know my european map but i think its holland that is greyed at the beginning

so for example the axis and allies attack the sector, and the axis win. who will decide who will attack next? because if axis took holland, allies attack straight away and the defence counter start.... axis defend but allies attack again without the chance for the axis to attack the next adjacent sectors.

Or will front lines sectors always be contested.

So an allied sector and an Axis sector will both be under attack and under defense counters and the first to occupy the adjacent sector means that the defence of the other sector achieves a compulsory defense victory, no matter the little defence points left just because the opposing adjacent sector was occupied.
You choose whether you are attacking, defending or supporting.

Then depending on who chooses what in the battle - you get a weighting for what the gametype will be.

2 attacker axis vs 2 defender allied
= more than likely axis attack

2 att axis vs 2 att allied
= Prob ME

etc.

The winner gets their action they selected done.  E.G an attacker would reduce defence points of a sector.  A defender ups it.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2012, 12:46:35 am »

So from what i gather is that

Sectors will have defence players, the same sectors will have players attacking from that same sector into adjacent sector, thus they are playing .... ME until the ME battles go in favour of one of the sides, then the other side is forced to defend... but the counter is only used for control of sectors, not the contested 'border' between sectors.....

This is all too confusing on who decides whats going to happen in sectors simultaneously
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2012, 01:34:11 am »

So from what i gather is that

Sectors will have defence players, the same sectors will have players attacking from that same sector into adjacent sector, thus they are playing .... ME until the ME battles go in favour of one of the sides, then the other side is forced to defend... but the counter is only used for control of sectors, not the contested 'border' between sectors.....

This is all too confusing on who decides whats going to happen in sectors simultaneously
No.

There is no slider.  YOU choose what action you want to take.  The opponents you play might have a different idea though.

ME battles will only happen if, in a BATTLE, both sides have chosen attack as their action.

Each action will have a weighting, if you are defending a sector, then obviously, if you join a battle, it will add weight to the opponents attacking.
Conversely, if you are attacking a sector, it will add weight to your side being in an attack game.

This is PER BATTLE, not on some arbitrary slider like we used to have.  It all depends on the people playing in the current 2v2 or 3v3 etc
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2012, 07:46:53 am »

The cool thing about this is, battle types will become (for a lack of a better word) 'random'.  Random is not really the perfect word, because a calculation will be made that actually decides the battle type.

In most cases, you will have no idea what option your opponents have chosen when you join a game in the launcher. For that reason, you do not know for sure if the battle will be att / Def/ Me/ R+.

What I like about this is it will most likely reduce gimmick companies that fail at certain game types.

Less gimmicks
better battles
A sense of unknown conditions
war progress visualization
company immersion

what more could we ask for!!!    Grin
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2012, 08:32:54 am »

Tym, I appreciate you trying to guess....... but seriously dude, why create a bunch of drama if you do not know for sure. I guess you get a couple of point for guessing some of it correct....

wasn't creating drama, just discussion, me and demon have an understanding Wink and yeah i meant faction wide, i just couldn't remember the right name so i used company and wide together rather than individual. but yay for me for getting a lot right Cheesy

Yeah, you can thank Leo for that.  His incessant whinging about how it sucked finally broke through and made me change it.

wow, leo whining actually did something? nice!

i'm loving the new warmap and everything you've put into it so far dude, eirr is going to revitalize coh Cheesy will def get me back playing.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2012, 08:37:34 am »

TBFH, it was Leo and I complaining, I just tried to do it more diplomatically - resulting in not being noticed.....lol

one more example of why diplomacy does not work.......
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc