Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 11:30:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AB - Covered Operations  (Read 5731 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2012, 07:57:32 pm »

i'm sorry but i'm just feeling really blunt atm.

There have been abilities that require SCAR coding that are unfinished in the mod for months now before AB was put in so why the heck would you put in new ones knowing that the old ones weren't in?

It would make so much sense to say "hmm, eirrmod hasn't finished the others, let me not make scar abilities" than try to force 'em in. Sure they look brilliant in text but in practice looks real bad.

and how is it that the 3x requires scar? isn't that a RGD fix? each infantry units capping rate is in RGD's, how does this require scar?

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2012, 08:24:06 pm »

i'm sorry but i'm just feeling really blunt atm.

There have been abilities that require SCAR coding that are unfinished in the mod for months now before AB was put in so why the heck would you put in new ones knowing that the old ones weren't in?

It would make so much sense to say "hmm, eirrmod hasn't finished the others, let me not make scar abilities" than try to force 'em in. Sure they look brilliant in text but in practice looks real bad.

and how is it that the 3x requires scar? isn't that a RGD fix? each infantry units capping rate is in RGD's, how does this require scar?
Some are done in my build, others I will finish up soon.

Thing is, Ive made some timer abilities to be read in from the SQL, so we can add them easier, or modify what we have without coders needing to enter into the equation.

Sorry that its added short-term delay, to something that will save time later however.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2012, 08:47:49 pm »

Some are done in my build, others I will finish up soon.

Thing is, Ive made some timer abilities to be read in from the SQL, so we can add them easier, or modify what we have without coders needing to enter into the equation.

Sorry that its added short-term delay, to something that will save time later however.

Okay, that's fine. I'm not mad or anything, I don't want to be seen as trying to stir up anything but I am just a little frustrated is all; but for a free product in the scope and scale we have, kudos so far and I wish I could contribute more.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2012, 09:52:18 pm »

Okay, that's fine. I'm not mad or anything, I don't want to be seen as trying to stir up anything but I am just a little frustrated is all; but for a free product in the scope and scale we have, kudos so far and I wish I could contribute more.
Oh I can understand - my reply wasnt to placate or to sound angry in return - just letting you know that those parts were in fact my area that is being worked on (and were working, until I broke them a while back....)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2012, 10:52:37 pm »

Oh I can understand - my reply wasnt to placate or to sound angry in return - just letting you know that those parts were in fact my area that is being worked on (and were working, until I broke them a while back....)

my reply was more for the community than you to be honest, I didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea of where I was coming from. I'm always in your corner rubbin your shoulders and tellin' you to go get 'em.
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2012, 10:56:15 pm »

quit apologizing and code some SCAR dammit  Roll Eyes

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2012, 01:24:38 am »

quit apologizing and code some SCAR dammit  Roll Eyes
Soon.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.