Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 10:32:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Airbrone Infantry.  (Read 8995 times)
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2012, 04:43:06 pm »

M1 carbine should be an AI upgrade to airborne instead of the LMG (with better stats ofc). Then give M1 Garands to AB.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 04:46:06 pm »

AKA, it does 70% of the damage of a Garand....it's pretty pathetic.

It's a bit weird. -10% Longrange Accuracy, -3 Basic Damage, but higher reload, lower cooldown, +15% common target type but still fuckin useless. If you would increase the basic damage to 10 it should be a high damage dealer. (Otherwise you can't explain why they are peform so bad at the battlefield right now)

Why not give 1-2 Squad Member a Thomson? Not totally OP as changing all Wapeons of the Squad, but still a small damage "boost". (Or just the Squad Leader)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 04:47:51 pm by Ahnungsloser » Logged

9th Armoured Engineers
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2012, 04:49:05 pm »

Or, just give it a higher RoF and faster reload...

Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2012, 04:51:23 pm »

Or, just give it a higher RoF and faster reload...

Or give them the normal M1 Garands, improve the M1 Carbine and give the possibility to buy them as a Upgrade. Or whatever... .
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2012, 04:51:45 pm »

I dunno, why did PE get a whole load of new units? I mean it took the focus away!

Same for Brits! What happened to their slow and plodding advance!

Remove Luft Snipers, support weapons, schreks, remove cloaking tankbusters, teller infantry, etc!!
So, a change that was needed for proper gameplay is the same as unit focus? Which in reality can go either way, slow defencive british aint too bad just good luck balancing the emplacement spam OMG can have.

Sorry didn't know.

And yeah, fall TB is pretty dumb. Don't see how luft snipers is relevent considering its reward, or shreks, I really dont understand that one, PE always have had shreks, or support weapons considering they fall into the factions focus, or teller infantry, considering that thats actually in VCoH.

Just because I said VCoH did something right doesn't mean I meant VCoH did everything right.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2012, 04:54:38 pm »

And AB with decent default rifles would make them useful other than to carry RRs. It wouldn't be game breaking, or ruin the flavor. Unless you consider normal Rifles without upgrades a scary unit.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2012, 07:09:52 pm »

I think that easiest solution to increase ai power and not leave them dead in the water would since the lmgs already implemented is increase the strength of those and maybe add option of 2 . You could give carbine like g43 supression  Or like snug said give them higher rof

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2012, 07:59:07 pm »

Can we please just take the grease guns and give them to AB, and take that goddamn LMG and give it to the Infantry doctrine?

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2012, 10:14:28 pm »

Who'd see a massive problem if Airborne did get better rifles? I wouldn't mind seeing a buffed M1 Carbine, lol give it old Rifle training 50% less cooldown and reload haha.

9 Pool unit which has very little uses other than suicide satchel and RR.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2012, 10:32:02 pm »

Airborne are supposed to be AT not AI....IMO

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2012, 10:36:11 pm »

Is there a reason 'why' it should stick with AT? Any unit could use variation especially in the USA when all their stuff is generalized to do decent on everything or specialized to do other things poorly but succeed in one thing.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2012, 10:47:14 pm »

But what elite infantry are solely at?. the only Elite infantry are 4 man kch that perform 1 role.

Rangers,commandos,falls,storms all have 2 weapons AI and AT. and both perform good in both roles. Except Airborne. if they remain AT units then i think they should not get instantly destroyed by some tanks for instance a tiger will kill 3 of them in one shot. Of course we get into theory crafting why would you shoot it from the front. More then likely people will shoot from the front and fireup away.

Has anyone noticed the amount of RRS that drop?? this i think is a little bizarre as you will see only 2 schreks a game and 1 mp44 (maybe) while i see RRS drop like raindrops.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2012, 11:35:11 pm »

you either have T3 unlock tankbusterfalls - and just explain to me how are they good vs AI
and you have T1 falls - they can have fg42 and rifle nades with another T2 unlock. Oh man,so if you want everything this,you only need to spend 7 unlock points,yea,total bargain compared to 1 unlock point AB  Roll Eyes

YOu can get bars on AB rifleman,which are another unlock,thus,they are better at AI than normal AB with rr's.
YOu  can also get AW and make them AI,both ab and ab rifleman.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 11:37:38 pm by smurfORnot » Logged
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2012, 12:17:34 am »

you either have T3 unlock tankbusterfalls - and just explain to me how are they good vs AI
and you have T1 falls - they can have fg42 and rifle nades with another T2 unlock. Oh man,so if you want everything this,you only need to spend 7 unlock points,yea,total bargain compared to 1 unlock point AB  Roll Eyes

but there were plenty of complaints about the unlocks for AB. Just having AB RR is does not justify a AB company as it seems the current doc is super non innovative. There are no tactics or unlocks that scream AB. Just guys who fall from the sky. So to get a AB version of regular inf you spend 4 points to get AB rifles, sniper, AB, and AB support.  Some will argue AB should be free or AB rifles should be with AB unlock. I think its a cheesy move.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2012, 12:34:53 am »

Your point is valid and i will answer as is so.

1. Falls can perform dual roles AI,AT and they are quite effective at it since you pay for cloaked falls.

2. Airborne its self the elite unit has but one Role AT The lmgs arent good as i have read some time ago and i used them myself only in pairs of 2 or in a house to they seem to perform well. since the Airborne has the worse rifle ingame making the LMG the only thing really doing damage at the time.

3.Yes i can also get a T3 for AW but what does that do to a already at squad? what are zooks compared to RRS. So i am still paying a T3 for something that is already covered by airborne and that is AT.

4.The falls are by far superior units AI wise to the LMG airborne especially since the falls can move and fire making the Airborne armor they Can get worthwhile.

On another note I think that  9 pool for strictly AT units that can not perform Dual roles seems a bit harsh.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2012, 01:22:25 pm »

GG
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2012, 01:37:29 pm »

Falls only have access to minimal anti tank aka Faust. Tankbuster Falls are a different unit alltogether while its platform is indeed failschrimjäger.

The majority of airborne infantry's survavibility comes from its armor which only works when the said squad is moving.

Assymetric warfare is not strictly "AT only" as vs buildings it throws 6! satchels against soft targets 6! Grenades and against armor 6!!!!!! bazookas. I wouldn't say or call it shit at all.

Like said Airborne is better on the move due to their armor value, also they have the highest health of all American infantry.

Airborne pool being so high indeed is harsh...but it is only there to prevent RR spam companies which are annoying to deal with esp with armor ones but still certain counters excists- especially the mun drop. Such high pool cost does limit the specialization of US Airborne forcing you to play like it was any other US doctrine. BARs, M10s, 57mms and occasional RR.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2012, 01:48:26 pm »

you can't throw satchel with AW anymore
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2012, 01:58:14 pm »

6 Satchel Charges would be 1800 Damage - I know why it's not possible.  Cheesy
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2012, 02:19:46 pm »

No harsher then it is to have Schrek company that are spammed, or Teller mines, or massed Faust which is a bit of a nuisance when you use Allied paper tanks.

AW is either or rarely will a player be silly enough to sit there and take 6 short range grenades to the face without moving. also if you use them against a building the only thing you would take out would be a MG which isnt cost efficient (i think).

Do they have higher health then rangers?. and the armor the fact that everything they own require you to stop(excluding Carbine which are garbage) making the armor utterly useless, so in a sense you are playing with what healthier riflemens with Good AT, that cant even defend itself.

And about the fallschimjaeger TB. its still a variant of elite doctrinal unit that still performs in both roles.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc