Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 03:28:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It is Now Offical. EA is the Worst Company in USA.  (Read 4427 times)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: April 05, 2012, 05:09:56 pm »

http://toucharcade.com/2012/04/05/ea-voted-worst-company-in-america-in-recent-consumerist-poll/

http://consumerist.com/2012/04/congratulations-ea-you-are-the-worst-company-in-america-for-2012.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2012/04/04/ea-is-the-worst-company-in-america-now-what/

It is now offical

EA Games!

FUCKS UP EVERYTHING

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 05:11:51 pm »

How was it measured?

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 05:41:28 pm »

250,000 people voted via the Consumerist's online poll

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 06:10:34 pm »

I agree with the Results. I know some gaming websites are railing that it is cause of the ME3 ending, but EA has done a lot of crap with their Origin services, Day 1 DLC, Online Passes, killing franchises, etc.

While Bank of America is 'evil' too, personally it didn't affect me or my family as we weren't the ones who went in for subprime loans and buying things we couldn't afford and we still have our jobs.

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 06:50:15 pm »

lol, EA being the absolute shithole of gaming is pretty damn old news Tongue

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 07:32:29 pm »

I play Fifa series on xbl and NHL. and i must say the down time on servers and constant disconections in the middle of onlinegames are terrible. you cant go more then 3-4 games without the server derping out on you.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 07:36:14 pm »

The only thing that would redeem EA in my eyes at this point would be making a good Battle for Middle-Earth III.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 07:36:32 pm »

ahh they beat out Bank of America? Ahahaha

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 07:38:52 pm »

Nah Black and white 3.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 07:40:12 pm »

Nah Black and white 3.

To be honest I'd go for that too, but only if I ignored the spewing of filth from Molyneux's mouth before the game released.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2012, 07:42:46 pm »

Just they let slip some really good games. and they dont reall update anything and the servers are complete shit. one time in fifa i won a tournament and i was going to get accept in MLG group to play in nationals for a prize in spain or something. Disconnected no rematch i didnt save a pick and i got a black mark from MLG lol
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2012, 07:44:38 pm »

Well that's the world of cutthroat business for you. Decisions from higher-ups seek only to maximize profit at minimal expense, and this is starting to show.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2012, 07:51:24 pm »

from impossible to brake gameboy to my screen broke 3ds.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2012, 07:53:54 pm »

Just they let slip some really good games. and they dont reall update anything and the servers are complete shit. one time in fifa i won a tournament and i was going to get accept in MLG group to play in nationals for a prize in spain or something. Disconnected no rematch i didnt save a pick and i got a black mark from MLG lol

^ apparently more important than atrocious customer service and banking problems.

Priorities -- get some.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2012, 09:35:07 pm »

from impossible to brake gameboy to my screen broke 3ds.

The ability for Nintendo's slaves to consume every sub-par product it has churned out in the past half a decade and still sing its praises to the high heavens boggles my mind. Case in point: the 3DS, and I'll likely soon have more proof once that abortion known as the WiiU surfaces from the cesspool in which it was birthed.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 09:40:15 pm by Vermillion_Hawk » Logged
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2012, 11:21:58 pm »

lol, EA being the absolute shithole of gaming is pretty damn old news Tongue
Yeah, but now its 'official' lol.

Which is the equivalent to "Take this, heres your sign...."

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2012, 11:39:15 pm »

Yeah, but now its 'official' lol.

Which is the equivalent to "Take this, heres your sign...."

"But that’s not realistic in today’s industry. Giant companies like EA and Activision control too much of the market for average gamers to boycott their titles. For every one proud activist who refuses to buy their games out of principle, there are a hundred more who simply don’t care. They’ll buy the titles, pick and choose what DLC they want, be annoyed with DRM and deal with a growing lack of creativity due to corporate interference. But in doing so, the industry gets a little worse with each new title."

Sadly way too true Sad.

The sheeple will help make gaming a desolate grey wasteland by supporting companies like EA, no matter how atrocious their deeds are.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2012, 03:55:18 am »

I disagree, and Im sure tank130 will back up my comments with real life 'marketing / business voodoo' and heres why.

Consumers are not purchasing sequels or new products time and time again purely because EA is backing them.
Its not a majority, but it IS increasing.

I myself, a firm believer of 'Who cars whos publishing it, with a good software developer behind it, it will be good no matter what!' has seen title after title RAPED by EA.  And I now, quite simply either refuse to buy their products, or pi-.... borrow them to play.

The exception here is Battlefield 3.  Which I am NOW boycotting their expansions because they put in a 'pay to unlock everything' option.

For a game that pushes individual growth (and not in a way similar to OTHER free-to-play titles) to add this is an obvious money grab.
I believe this move in itself will see them lose more revenue than gain in the long run.

Feel free to quote this in 2016 when EA has returned to sports only games (where, tbh, I think they excell)
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2012, 04:41:29 am »

I disagree, and Im sure tank130 will back up my comments with real life 'marketing / business voodoo' and heres why.

Consumers are not purchasing sequels or new products time and time again purely because EA is backing them.
Its not a majority, but it IS increasing.

I myself, a firm believer of 'Who cars whos publishing it, with a good software developer behind it, it will be good no matter what!' has seen title after title RAPED by EA.  And I now, quite simply either refuse to buy their products, or pi-.... borrow them to play.

The exception here is Battlefield 3.  Which I am NOW boycotting their expansions because they put in a 'pay to unlock everything' option.

For a game that pushes individual growth (and not in a way similar to OTHER free-to-play titles) to add this is an obvious money grab.
I believe this move in itself will see them lose more revenue than gain in the long run.

Feel free to quote this in 2016 when EA has returned to sports only games (where, tbh, I think they excell)

I think you overestimate the average consumers brainpower/willingness to give a damn about anything.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2012, 04:47:27 am »

I think you overestimate the average consumers brainpower/willingness to give a damn about anything.
True that actually.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc