Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 09:04:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why play with RRs?  (Read 3059 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« on: April 08, 2012, 01:06:38 pm »

Sure, they hit through smoke. But they come for 170 munis on a squad that loses AI confrontations to similar priced in MP squads. And they can't penetrate most skirted tanks reliably anymore. Outside of smoke, and with all these accuracy bonuses on p4s, panthers etc you'll be glad to trade 2 ab squads for 1 p4. And god help you if there are more than 1 tank to move in on at the same time, or a mg in support.

Shoot and run just isnt the same anymore. You'll trade men for damage on the tank at a much higher rate. Because of the rate at which tanks kill rifles AB need to be in the fight and cant just pick the most beneficial situations at their leisure.

RRs do not seem worth it anymore. Having a AT gun is less mobile, but it too can hit through smoke and its almost cheaper even with AP rounds. . I played a lot of AB with rrs and lmgs before I had a break from eirr for 2 months, and this is my honest impression of AB right now.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 01:08:50 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 01:26:57 pm »

Airborne barely even has a doctrine so I don't really see why you are complaining about RRs.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 01:31:41 pm »

Since when did providing an analysis equate to complaining? Bit surprise with your response Pony.

Common sense is not so common after all.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 01:35:22 pm »

I thought it was a balance thread. I guess it wasn't.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 01:36:58 pm »

I agree AB do seem to get taken especially when they sacrifice themselves to get hit and its not 1 man dead usually its 2 men dead since all there armor is moving and they do stop for a shot but i agree with Smokaz on this, i think he provides a valid arguement. RRS for what low damage they do and they do penetrate and have great accuracy still dont seem worth the price of a atg which is recrewable.

I however love the AB doctrine units itself although squishy  its some deffirent and Something better then bazookas for allies is a god send IMO.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 01:53:25 pm »

It was just meant as a discussion. I dont know what other pointers to this intent there could be apart from:

- Posted in general discussion
- phrasing like "my impression" and "seems not worth it"

The only "facts" posted is the mention of high accuracy axis tanks w/resistant skirts which mean hit-n-run noticeably less viable. (Thinking of accuracy bonuses from blitz/def)

« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 01:55:24 pm by Smokaz » Logged
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 03:11:12 pm »

RRs can still annihiliate whole faction which is a considerable faction, but so does zooks so that argument don't hold much water...(although RR is more reliable at it)

I believe the price is also that high because it comes on a sturdy platform. You have the highest health infantry squad on the field from the Allied side but I whole heartedly agree that the platform they come upon is way too expensive pool wise. The RRs by themselves seem good and don't see any reason why they should come in price...hm...but then you are right. Why pay 170 when you get a 57mm that is 100% better at its task?

RRs however are more mobile...I see the fault is somewhere between ATG being too cheap or RR being too expensive.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 04:55:27 pm »

I think RRs would be worth it if they had a worthwhile doctrine.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 05:02:45 pm »

Well if you remember that in the old doctrine you could get a 20% pen to rr's and AT guns which was much needed.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 05:37:01 pm »

Hmmm i suggested a Pool decrease since they perform 1 role AT. and yes they may be the strongest infantry but there armor is only active while moving and i dont know what else it protects against. I would like to bring up that RRS drop faster then RCA artillery, and more then any other weapon.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 07:05:31 pm »

I think having a T4 with some very similar to the much acclaimed Raid Assault could be good. That way they way you could have really aggressive RR use to follow up the hurt with. Airborne cant be snipers anymore with current counteraccuracy.
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012, 09:54:27 pm »

i do think the AB doc needs to be finished/redone before we comment about RR.
Im currently using RR AB to back up and chase tanks quit successfully. Most AB units meet their doom at the hands of AI units... which are quit numerous actually. Even with a high price i find them to be worth it.

A t4 that boost RR damage or pen.... might be OP or maybe community needs to adapt and be more scared of RR.

Then again AB doc itself lacks any specialization in AI, so why not boost their RR. Im hoping the team re-works the doc as the unlocks are only "ok" but i see the top 2 rows of the doc to be horrible and boring to play.  bottom one is neat. Smoke on charge command is awesome.

Side note: I think RR needs to be better against LV. I know zooks are supposed to be better but at over twice the price, i dont see why the zook should have any advantages over the RRs. other than its cheaper.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 04:10:49 pm by Poppi » Logged
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2012, 10:04:05 pm »

well i think over now 4-5 weeks ago a dev said he would just copy and paste the old T4 in or rework a little bit on the older doctrine and put it in. But at last no news
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc