Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 08:15:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to play allies  (Read 8462 times)
johnnyaustin
« on: April 29, 2012, 02:59:03 pm »

I have played about 700 games with allies. and i still dont seem to understand how they work. everything in allies gets countered easily. i would just play axis but everyone seems to play axis. is it because axis are over powered? or is it because allies are hard to play?
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 03:09:27 pm »

Dont act like a child, stop getting frustrated by the enemy for that will just fuel your bad decisions and stop joining games you dont know jack shit about your teammates.

Examples:
00:15:33 [All] johnnyaustin: takes no fucking skill to playa xis
00:26:29 [All] johnnyaustin: no skill faggots
00:28:30 [All] johnnyaustin: you gunna cry
00:28:34 [All] johnnyaustin: little pussy

for the love of god this aint bloddy CoD so stop acting like you are in that game.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
johnnyaustin
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 03:10:10 pm »

Cool.
FailHammer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 03:13:19 pm »

Dont drink and drive

Dont rage and post

What, people flocking around to hijack a place on my balls on their ballride to victory and PEEPEES?
Im not pulling this out of my ass, you tinfoil hat prostitute.
"Holy shit puddin, you just critted him in the face"-joseph54
johnnyaustin
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 03:14:50 pm »

Cool. and i am calm. i just think axis are a bit over powered. and if you disagree then go allies and play.
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 03:19:03 pm »

in before AmPms "Atgs, bars and hell cat lolz"

Aslo allies, well you cannot play them as you would axis, its easy to know, alsot harder to do and see when you are doing it.

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 03:20:56 pm »

iceland and heartmann sit down unless u gonna come alied when im on axis!!!

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 03:26:16 pm »

he has a point tho, axis have some stupid units that can hardly be countered.
like:
- kch
- panther
- scoped mp44
- flak 88
- officer with weapon pickup
- schreckstorms
- hummel with super range @ spawn
- jagdpanther gets close...

allies don't really have an uncounterable unit at all. the only ones i can think of that get close are:
- RR airborne
- sherman jumbo
- churchill croc
- firefly

remember that this is about perfect(but equal) conditions. if the enemy simply has more units or your micro is poor its a different story.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 03:27:38 pm »

rr airborne are close to uncounterable? say wahaat
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 03:28:39 pm »

Leo, I am not going to go through the whole list, but don't you just counter KCH with flamers?

I am confused by your post.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 03:31:07 pm »

rr airborne are close to uncounterable? say wahaat
well really the only problem they have is that they get sniped off by tanks when doing their volleys.
thats why its close to uncounterable.

Leo, I am not going to go through the whole list, but don't you just counter KCH with flamers?

I am confused by your post.

they all have some counters probably yes, but it can hardly be called a proper counter.
like flame engis, they are super weak and you usually don't have much of them. also limited range. once you spot them with your kch just stay away from them until they die.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 03:33:08 pm »

anyway, I already realize it was a bad idea to attempt to start this discussion in the public forums.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2012, 03:36:44 pm »

What about then re-adding Assult riflemen?
that would add a lot more fun into the allies and give the Inf doctrine another viable counter, would also be nice for they didnt get any nice new stuff exluding the GMC and Jumbo(other units were removed instead) when the doctrines were revamped.
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2012, 03:41:25 pm »

You forgot about flame ists properly backed up

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2012, 04:37:22 pm »

i think where Leo is going is this.

The axis have more units that you have to actually prepare for than the allies do (more so US) so if you're playing as US vs WM or PE (mainly WM) there are some units that unless you know its coming that it'll be hard to counter BUT if you do have that counter you can do very well against.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
TheArea Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2012, 04:40:35 pm »

You just have to be at peace with the fact that you will lose more stuff than the axis period.  That if you win it will be by attrition, and hence even in wins you'll lose a lot of digital mans.

More generally tho, it does seem a little out of whack when 1 tiger, 2 panthers, and a hummel (along with support) can all be on the field at the same time, just feels like the combined presence of all the kinds of units axis can bring on in 3v3 and 4v4 games can yield some pretty nasty arrangements that make it increasingly harder for allies to deal with with their limited counters (tiger counter= stickies+atg+m10s, not each individually mind you, but all combined).

I dont know if this is a balance issue, or just a stack issue (as those are 98.73% of games of these days), but sometimes it does feel like a little too much.  Was in a 3v3 earlier where 4 panthers were on the field at the same time, with support.  From an allied perspective, that means your getting rolled until you bring the necessary counters and then hope they run into stickies and atg range.  I dont know if allies ever have that effect on the field, and i think thats what Leo was suggesting with his unit lists, where allies dont have a unit thats a game changer.  
johnnyaustin
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2012, 04:55:29 pm »

I was in that game, thats why i was raging so hard.
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2012, 09:32:03 pm »

My whole problem is the heavy armored high HP deadly attacks trololol units that have no real weakness and can do bother AT/AI, mostly deals with armor.

ok panther. ya easy to handle with atgs and a sticky and finish it off by circling it. Otherwise it will retreat and repair as the frontal armor will deflect most rounds.

but in real games
3-4 panthers, tiger,   KCH, armored cars, shrek stormies can pretty much go down the center of a allied defense and will win. US HMGs wont suppress units, armored car will wipe out inf/support while dodging tank rounds, tiger and panther will deflect frontal attacks, shreks will take care of m10s and atgs. Win that battle and keep pushing.
Other than a using mines in proper place and knowing exactly whats going to exactly  happen, there were times where we couldnt handle things any other way and we got smashed.

I know this is all debatable as MAYBE the allies could do this too. but most of the time when allies pull this off is when the axis players are is disarray and have no strong defense or counter units.  And I played with good allied players in games where we took down like 8 panthers and KTs etc by not giving the axis team the opportunity to unify. Basically out maneuver attack weak sides (cant axis do that?) . So i guess to play allies... be good or think completely different. And know you got weak ass units.

Worse gaming experience is when the axis team brings on minimal infantry units. Never seen how useless infantry stickies, RRs, m10s and atgs can be with a deadly LV/HV combo can be.

Or maybe all the good players are just playing axis now?

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:52:23 pm by Poppi » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2012, 09:34:21 pm »

Why is johnnyaustin showing as a guest?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2012, 09:35:28 pm »

Or maybe all the good players are just playing axis now?

players that focus more on winning will use what helps them win the most and if they're all playing axis, then it's safe to assume that axis is easier to win with. or more fun to win with.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc