Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 04, 2024, 05:18:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

by Bear
[October 02, 2024, 01:14:57 pm]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diablo3: what do you think about it?  (Read 45659 times)
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #140 on: May 20, 2012, 07:16:37 pm »

nice.... so let's follow your logic for moment shall we..... So I decide to put up some razor wire along the edge of my property. As long as no one comes along the edge of my property, all should be good. But then along comes some children and they slice themselves open on it.

I didn't ask them to come close to my wire. It's like a game of mine sweeper really, if they are out walking about, sooner or later they are going to run into trouble. It's all their fault those pesky little fucks!!!

or one could argue that I am a complete fucking asshole for putting something up in public that could potential harm someone.

Or here's another one for you. I am standing in my driveway, buck ass naked jerking off. The neighbors kids see this, freak out, tell their mommy and the police haul my hairy ass off to jail. Following your theory, I should not be the one in trouble. Those kids came down the road and looked in my driveway. It's like a game of mine sweeper really. Sooner our latter those little bastards are going to see something they shouldn't. They were just fucking asking for it.

Or one could argue that I shouldn't be putting shit in public that will cause others an issue.

What this all boils down to is you acting like a fucking douche bag and can't admit it. You posted a spoiler for that exact purpose. To spoil it for someone else. You already knew the information, so you had nothing to gain by posting it. You knew there was a possibility that others would be spoiled by the information, but you don't give a shit about others, you only care about yourself.

Yeah, that's all good, but here we are discussing an irrelevant plot point in an irrelevant waste of time, and you are extrapolating it, not to mention taking it quite out of context, into these foolish and semantically incorrect scenarios. To be honest, it was a slip of the mind when I posted that. An accident. I forgot that some people may be affected by foreknowledge of a plot point. Had I known others would react in such a violent manner, pehaps I would have refrained from posting that bit. I did not come into this thread with the intent to spoil plot points, it unfortunately happened, and there's nothing I can do about it now.

Additionally might I add that given the above, perhaps you should not be so hasty throwing around the moniker of "fucking douchebag". I do, in fact, give "a shit" about others, the problem comes when I don't see reciprocal behaviour. Perhaps it is you who creates your own "fucking douchebags".

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #141 on: May 20, 2012, 07:37:58 pm »

Perhaps it is you who creates your own "fucking douchebags".

Perhaps you are right, perhaps not.........

But you have essentially apologized, so that's good enough for me. Everyone fucks up now and again.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #142 on: May 20, 2012, 08:45:00 pm »

I have a better question. Did anyone get the box edition or did everyone get the digital one?Smiley

As a side note.. Anyone know what he meant by "Hard" mode? Do you think Nightmare or did he not understand what Hardcore mode does? Somehow I doubt he meant Inferno Smiley
I have the box edition (normal) - and you get a fun note pad!  YAY!

Hardcore mode is where 1st death = permanent.
Playable in any difficulty level (as in, any you have completed up to)

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #143 on: May 20, 2012, 08:52:46 pm »

Also, while the storyline was cheezy - I enjoyed it, and would have hulk-raged if I had read vermils post (I skip over almost 100% of his posts, so I was lucky).
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #144 on: May 20, 2012, 11:28:13 pm »

I can't remember the last time I didn't see Vermillion getting flamestomped in a thread. Funnier still, I can't remember the last time it wasn't his fault.

This guy deserves the punching bag award

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #145 on: May 20, 2012, 11:37:06 pm »

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck he spoiled it for me  Angry

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #146 on: May 21, 2012, 04:45:35 am »

Gee that looks awfully similar to an apology verm.

Even though you never really went the whole way there it's still further than I thought possible.

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #147 on: May 21, 2012, 04:50:06 am »

[Spoiler]Diablo dies at the end of the game [/spoiler]

bro we dont even got spoiler tags here
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 04:53:26 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #148 on: May 21, 2012, 04:56:37 am »

so Diablo is kinda like black Jesus?
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #149 on: May 21, 2012, 04:58:08 am »

Diablo is Spanish for the Devil.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2012, 05:10:42 am »

O rly?

« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 08:12:07 am by smurfORnot » Logged
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2012, 07:38:42 am »

Diablo is Spanish for the Devil.
And water is a liquid, who woulda thought?  Roll Eyes

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2012, 10:01:11 am »

And water is a liquid, who woulda thought?  Roll Eyes

Hey, hey not so fast, it's too much information for him to handle. I don't think he even finished pre-school considering the retarded shit he writes.
Dnicee Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #153 on: May 30, 2012, 11:37:14 am »

"Well I have to applaud Blizzard in all reality. From a business stand point it would seem like you're on the perfect track to make the shareholders at Activision very, very pleased.

You've taken a game with so much hype built around it, a game with a rabid and wildly large fan base, a game vaulting off of the massive success of the previous generation - and you've turned it into your sacrificial lamb.

I understand that WoW is dying. The cash cow that you have been able to depend on to fill your coffers is finally drying up. It had a great run. MoP is not likely to defibrillate the failing heart of what was once the WoW empire, and you know this. Starcraft 2, while an amazing game, cannot replace this cash cow - then again it wasn't meant to. How could it? Your business foresight is very, very attuned. Because of this you carefully planned your next chess move: Diablo 3.

What better way to birth another golden goose than to bank an entire game off of the most addictive part of what Diablo 2 was: the item grind. Pure brilliance. And so, from the ground up, you formed this game to be solely about item exchange - this would be the titan built to replace WoW's subscription based bankroll in the form of micro transactions.

Except one thing: you're boring.

On May 15th 2012, after nearly a decade of anticipation, we were given Diablo 3! Except, it's not quite Diablo 3. It's a slimmed down, cut up version of the Diablo 3 everyone was taught to expect. Except, it wasn't given to us, we still had to pay you full price for it: $60

My how the mighty hath fallen. Why is it not Diablo 3, you say? Well let's see. Anyone remember all those teaser videos spoon fed to the community over the past 3 years? Videos slowly leaking to us glimpses of the content we could expect to experience? I do.

From nearly FOUR years ago:

@2:10 "These current weapons just won't do!":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K0YkUH6r6c&list=UUCGf0PicJgNp6yb7xsdZAwA&index=1&feature=plcp

I guess scrapping this idea all together was more developmentally cost effective.

@6:30 "Let's see what a real fight looks like."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT4K6e2q10g&list=UUCGf0PicJgNp6yb7xsdZAwA&index=10&feature=plcp

Indeed, lets. I'm still waiting, actually. Is it just me or does that environment look entirely more engaging than the atmosphere we've purchased at release?

@2:00 Did he say randomized, dungeons, quests and encounters?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMAyxY7mjzI&list=UUCGf0PicJgNp6yb7xsdZAwA&index=7&feature=plcp

If their idea of newly generated fights, quests and environments is a continuous cycle of the same things from a pre-conceived list, he's spot on!

So where's the beef? - some might say. The beef is that this is not Diablo 3, this is an imposter. A hologram. An artificial replacement. A lame duck substitute for what hype built it up to be. A cut up and slimmed down version of what should have been. In essence: a slaughtered, sacrificial lamb.

That leaves myself and thousands of others saying indeed, where is the beef? Blizzard's answer: there is no cow level. But hey, we got rainbows and unicorns!

Is anyone still in complete denial about how truly boring this game is or have people started to shake off the honey moon dust?

You eliminated enchanting, PvP, pet companions and other things from the release version so that you could market it as part of a later expansion for more money. (This is a trend in gaming that several developers have been following; withhold content you've been advertising for the past two years and charge a premium for it at a later date. I shouldn't have expected Activision-Blizzard to be any different, and that is my fault. I wrongly assumed this group was made of trend setters and leaders, not followers - so shame on me.)

You didn't include a single player mode because you can't make money off of people if they aren't using the AH in a multiplayer format. Less work for you in the development stages, and forces people to engage in the micro-economy that your bankroll is based on. Again, brilliance. Which leads me to my final point:

There is so LITTLE dynamic to this game I cannot believe it took this many years to create it. In fact, I don't. So why the long wait? I'll tell you: economic law.

More specifically, the legality and complications that stemmed from the idea of a multinational game built around a Real Money Auction House. This process, I imagine, took years to iron out - while the game itself probably took no more than a few actual working years to complete (and it truly shows).

It doesn't take an overly intelligent mind to figure WHY they would want to use a RMAH and get a cut of (a lot of) the transactions. That's fine. Here's the problem: you built the entire game around a pure gear grind, and then force that gear grind to revolve around the AH, specifically the RMAH. There is literally no other dynamic. When you build a game from a purely business stand point, you're not building a great game - and a great game this is not.

In conclusion, gamers, do you really want to spend your time on yet another slave-like gear grind? If so, eat your heart out. You'll find no better place to do it! If not, there are a plethora of other games out there much more deserving of your $60, I promise.

Diablo 3 was built around Activision's greed. Participate at your own will.

Gamers hold grudges and people aren't going to forget this disaster. If you obliterate your true fan base, the pillars of your success come falling soon after

I give this post less than a few hours before it is deleted by Blizzard moderators. Can't have that bad flavor out there, can we? Truth hurts.

Regards, a long time fan"

This is just so well written and true....

DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #154 on: May 30, 2012, 12:00:33 pm »

You know what really fucks diablo 3 up?

Item Design(all you really want is vit + main stat, everything else is usually minor bonuses), Extreme lack of randomization(They nearly removed random dungeons), lack of opportunities to explore, lack of stat allocation, and lack of a fitting atmosphere.

I dont understand how these companies take huge steps back on all these major charateristics. I will have some fun playing diablo 3, but I definitely wont be playing it for long.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #155 on: May 30, 2012, 12:01:41 pm »

Diablow 3

is not really my cup of tea.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #156 on: May 30, 2012, 12:18:20 pm »

Inferno is an entirely different beast.

Item grind isn't that bad, and the main stats are not worth a lot after you hit a certain level in them. Actually, a blend of stats helps a ton.

It's a good game, if you liked Diablo.

That post up above, the long one, seems really off base.

The only thing they didn't include from that first video is ladders....everything else looks just like everything I can do already.

Dnice, is that guy just butt hurt about RMAH? That's about the point I got from his posting on Diablo 3. All of his other points kind of fall by the wayside, it seems like he didn't play enough to learn how to build characters, choose gear, etc.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 12:24:50 pm by AmPM » Logged

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #157 on: May 30, 2012, 01:01:01 pm »

It's simple. If you want a Hack and Slash that will eat time buy D3 at $60.

If you want a game that will still be relevent in a few years time for replayability with friends wait till D3 hits the discount bin.

Your not missing out on anything spectacular or game breaking(ok you are missing out on game breaking cause the servers suck donkey dick)

My advice to anyone who is interested but not driven is to simply wait for the bargain bin at your local store.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #158 on: May 30, 2012, 01:31:42 pm »

Yea, and I must add, the loot system is total rubbish, which is kind of ruining the experience for.
Watch these 3 videos, they pretty much sum it up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8CBbeSAjVo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI4peeO3yzY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G4lX-MKrgI

It's still a fun game though, but the more I think about it, and as I hit lvl 60 inferno, the less I'm convinced it's truly a worthy successor to D2 LOD. I don't see myself playing this for nearly as long as I enjoyed D2.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #159 on: May 30, 2012, 08:14:27 pm »

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6018173/Game_Design_Update-5_28_2012#blog

Looks like they are trying to fix some of the stuff. Like item grind. But I doubt they can truly give items the same character they had in D2. Its just way too late for that. Such a disappointment. Im also positive we will never see the dungeon/world randomization that we saw in D2, unless they bring that in with a expansion pack(dick move).
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc