Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 03, 2024, 07:31:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

by Bear
[Yesterday at 01:14:57 pm]

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Riflenades?.  (Read 4035 times)
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« on: July 17, 2012, 02:18:34 am »

This is a more balance thing.

Now i know smokaz tried doing something like this a while ago, and i just tried attempting it.

If a rifle grenade is 75 munitions( same as Bren) is this a utility weapon(like flamethrower) or is this a mainline weapon like the bren.

Now after outfiting my company of Commandos and RCA marksman training. with alot of Rifle grenades i noticed that they are not as cost effective as Brens.
Lets weight the pros and cons.

Pro-Has bonus vs buildings
Pro-Can provide smoke on recharge
Pro-can shoot over and through object

Con- Deals splash damage and not actually the death
Con-runs the risk of splashing self if gets rushed
Con-Terrible scatter
Con-LT doesnt actually buff it? rather the enfields then the rifle grenade.

Another thing i would like to talk about is the tetrarch.
lets way the pros and cons of this little tank

PRO- Can drop anywhere on map
Pro- has smoke for escaping
Pro- with the LJ adapter has a nice penetration buff.
Can annoy a heavy tank if doesnt have some support.

Cons- deals shit damage when it penetrates
Cons-Turret is very slow rotation speed
Cons-Doctrinal and a T2 unlock
Cons-gets 1 buff in commando doctrine
Cons-High pool value
Cons-Bad accuracy vs infantry.

Now i would like something from everyone. Why would you take a rifle grenade over a bren?, or over a mortar for british as that packs up fast and fires fast. What purpose does this serve as flames are doctrinal in british lines.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 02:30:13 am »

well as for the tetrach, that thing if used properly is amazing.  Pop the smoke, drive back and forth in that smoke and you are virtually unhittable.

As for riflenades, they also do bonus damage to green cover iirc.  I think the best way to utilize them is with a bren squad.  The Riflenades will force enemies out of cover/provide smoke and the brens will handle up close/anyone advancing towards the squads.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 02:31:59 am »

i just tried the tetrarch and if by properly did they do anything the best way i could think of is camp the enemies spawn and wait for a marder to pop out. They deal terrible damage
Herrpants Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 02:35:58 am »

colossus i bet you think axis pios are op because lulz theys got mp 40s the only thing i see you spew out on the forums is "dis axis op dis allied up BLOO BLOO" and tbh im getting sick of it guys ball gag him its time to make a sissy bitch
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 03:04:15 am »

Both british bren and british riflenade is really lackluster imo. To the point where I don't feel like buying either, or getting a LT for bren either. Bren is okay at disposing of charging volks, add elite armor or heroic armor and it's gg for bren.

Brits are all about dem sapper guise

Tetrarch is good last time I played with it, the problem is rather the stuff you support or play with other than the tet that sux with commando doctrine.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 03:07:39 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 06:26:31 am »

The tetrarchs real problem is that commando doc has nowhere near enough pool to support them, lol
And tommie upgrades are pretty lackluster, that I can agree with... There is a reason I spent the muni on tanks and other stuff instead

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 07:37:09 am »

Tetrarchs are super effective against Panzer Elite, they don't need a lower pool.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 08:58:15 am »

Both british bren and british riflenade is really lackluster imo.

Isn't falls rifle nade same?
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 09:09:11 am »

Tetrarchs are super effective against Panzer Elite, they don't need a lower pool.
They dont need lower pool no, but commando doc needs a higher vehicle pool, both tank and vehicle pool are at the lowest as far as I can tell while the support pool is sky high, you'll cap out the vehicle pool with 3 tetrarchs and 4 jeeps if I remember right, that's nothing compared to their costs.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 09:32:06 pm »

Isn't falls rifle nade same?

You can get 3 of them on a 5 pop squad, plus they are facing rifles which take a lot of dmg from riflenades. Allied support teams have less hp as well I believe.

Or maybe riflenades are balanced on tommies, and everything else like scoped mp44s  are batshit insane.
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 10:56:51 pm »

You can get 3 of them on a 5 pop squad, plus they are facing rifles which take a lot of dmg from riflenades. Allied support teams have less hp as well I believe.

Or maybe riflenades are balanced on tommies, and everything else like scoped mp44s  are batshit insane.

dude, you are so right on when it comes to scoped mp44s...its really...fucking....op.

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 11:18:31 pm »

Try using riflenade with 4 squads + lt on the field, spam smoke everywhere. Seriously try it, it's hilarious

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 07:04:22 am »

nah, teams are exactly the same.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc