Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 06:25:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PE] Fixing the Oxymoron faction  (Read 16249 times)
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« on: September 04, 2012, 12:41:52 pm »

So, the Panzer Elite suck with their plethera of balance issues and the amount of trouble they face countering even basic unit combinations. So I was sitting around and figured that the problem lies largely with their infantry and how ineffective it is. Panzer Grenadiers are about as scary as a Pioneer Minesweeper as it stands now. So I thought, hell, why not tamper with the stats of each of their non-doctrinal squads to give each of them a niche.

Panzer Grenadiers: The basic cannon fodder squads of the Panzer Elite. Not too scary, eh? Oh noes, G43 suppression! The horror! Oh, wait, I have BARs. Gg. These guys are as tough as Grenadiers but their DPS is utter crap. They just don't feel worth their cost.
   Proposed Change: Allow the Panzer Grenadiers to obtain their original Soldier Armor if the Veteran Sergeant upgrade is purchased, in (optional) addition to a fifth squad member. Because of the relativealy high cost of the upgrade, this would provide PE squads with more staying power and allow them to deal reasonable DPS (for a price) without drastically altering the statistics of their weapons.
   Reasoning: PE infantry strike me as being burly and surviveable. Yes, yes, they're as healthy as Grenadiers as it stands. But they don't feel particularly 'elite' (and since Panzergrenadiere were formally more well trained and far more fanatical then standard Infantrie Grenadiere, this is well justified) in their current standing. They die like flies and lack the punch to take a cost effective amount of enemy infantry to the grave with them. Keep in mind that Tommies will still likely walk all over Panzer Grenadiers if this is put in place..

Assault Grenadiers: Nobody uses them. How many do you really see, ever? I don't think I've seen one for at least a month. They don't have the raw health pool to close the distance to an enemy target, and they face BAR Suppression Fire without the possibility of smoke cover outside of a specific doctrine unlock.
   Proposed Change: Change the Assault Grenadiers' armor type to Airborne Armor. This will tailor to their mobile, aggressive intended use and keep them relatively in-step with other infantry squads when not on the move.
 OR
  Just as with the Panzer Grenadiers, tie their armor type change to the Veteran Sergeant ability.
   Reasoning: Nobody uses them and they don't fit their roll. They need something to make them appealing as assault infantry over just buying masses of Panzer Grenadiers with G43s and Indendiary Grenades/Assault.

Tankbuster Grenadiers: The unsung linchpin in most Panzer Elite companies, I feel that the TB squads are an undermentioned cog in a PE player's AT capabilities. With no recrewable AT weapons aside from the PaK36 at a Panzer Elite player's disposal, Tankbusters become a PE player's renewable resource with the possibity of dropped shrecks or the opportunity to heal. I don't see too too many of them, but when I do they never really have the staying power (as a dedicated AT squad) to forfill their roll before being shredded by Shermans and BARs.
   Proposed Change: Give Tankbuster Grenadiers the Elite Armor type. Because of their weaker AI ability and relatively high cost, it would be fairly difficult to take advantage of this change by spamming TB Grenadiers (think of it this way: are Bazooka-armed Rangers your infantry's worth nightmare?). TB grenadiers could also shrug off BAR fire and mounted MG fire to enable them to combat armor more effectively, while still remaining vulnerable to anti blob counters: Grenades and tank cannons.
   Reasoning: For this unit, this is redundant. My reasoning has been stated. TBs don't have enough cahones to avoid being melted by Infantry units. Elite armor would allow Grenades, tank cannons, suppressive weapons, and Snipers to counter them while increasing thier staying power in the field--which is desperately needed considering the lack of crewed AT at a PE player's disposal.

The PE vehicle dilemma: PE AT can't be recewed. Once it's dead, it's dead. Plain and simple. Other factions can simply field recrew infantry and bring their crewed ATG to a healing station to heal both the crew and the gun. Unless you plan on penetrating that enemy Pershing with the hulk of your destroyed Marder, you're out of luck as a PE player. So why not offer PE players an opportunity to 'heal' their AT units? My proposal is a 'repair bunker' of sorts. The bunker would only be placeable in a player's command sector, would have a considerable cost associated with it, and would lack repair Pioneers. Ok, what use is it you say? Give it an ability that can ONLY target that player's armored units, with a relatively short range, they would heal the targeted unit in the manner of vCoH repairs. However, this bunker would repair at the rate of vCoH's 'rudimentary repair' ability; +1 HP/S. This would be a slow process but would allow some form of repairs to be initated on armored units, but would be away from the front, unavailable for abuse by allied players, costly, and a stationary target (que suicide satchel charge Paratroopers) while fitting into the Panzer Elite's vehicle-centered combat.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 12:51:49 pm by TheVolskinator » Logged

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 12:55:28 pm »

Strategy with Assault grenadiers requires heavy synergy with units such as Infantry halftrack. Their price for what they can do is still a tad high but their power with the combination of infantry halftracks very powerful. Overall I like some of the ideas.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 01:01:57 pm »

i really like the PG idea, nice justification volski. too bad this thread is gunna get swamped with derail garbage.

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
tankmaster23 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 01:14:13 pm »

Good ideas not sure about the healing station but something needs done...

Rocksitter

Dnicee Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 01:18:38 pm »

PE is already uber good.

Balance!

SophiaT1991 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 01:20:05 pm »

meh

Suggesting changes for PE is fucking retarded, they are so far away from what they were meant to be its silly and dev/balance team wont make the changes.

Faction needs group zeal, pgrens allowed shreks and mp44, and repair ability with assault grens and tbs much more durable.

Repair system needs reverted, repair kits have removed a major gameplay element from eir.

TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 01:24:33 pm »

Hey Sophia, i know just the mod for you.
Have you tried OMG mod?

I like everything but the repair bunker, would be fine i suppose if it would be a buildable Bergtiger but it still would be stupid, better would be if every repair bought would give something like double repair for LVs (scoutcar, MortarHT,Armored car) and LVAT (marder, 50mm HT) things like that.

otherwise i approve.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 01:28:50 pm by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 01:44:19 pm »

Both PE and CW need a infantry rework. Their inf is too limited, neither excelling at being cheap alternatives or more expensive quality alterantives

With wehr and americans you have classes of inf with lots of choices:

Rifles & volks light infantry able to fight all classes of inf through upgrades
Marines/Grens/Storms - Medium infantry
Rangers/AB/4manKCH - heavy inf

PE:
Assault grens, panzergrens and tank busters - light inf (worse weapons than other medium inf, no medikits, no "fireup" - inept at fighting tough infantry, inept at fighting vs cover, weak ai grenade
FSJ - medium inf completely reliant on OP doctrine bonuses to fight medium/heavy allied inf. great vs rifles tommies though
Groundfire special - just a retarded squad overall, overpriced and ineffective without OP doctrine buffs, smoke effective weapons squad forced to buy smoke ineffective small arms

« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 02:19:25 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 02:08:52 pm »

Can anyone nail down when "all of a sudden" PE became a useless faction.

With the exception of previous minor balance issues, why has it become such an issue now.

It appears to me that we have screwed over PE by messing with the other factions too much. It seems like we keep boosting shit, then have to boost other shit to balance, which means we have to boost even more shit to balance that.

But.... I could be wrong.......

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 02:18:41 pm »

It's not all of a sudden, people just avoid PE since nothing ever changes.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 02:20:04 pm »

I would fix it if they made me boss. First order of the day would be doctrine pricing since it causes 99% of all balance problems in eirr, then we they would look while I would look at differentiating the PE inf and giving them more of their vcoh upgrades.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 02:23:49 pm by Smokaz » Logged
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 02:21:57 pm »

With the exception of previous minor balance issues, why has it become such an issue now.

It appears to me that we have screwed over PE by messing with the other factions too much. It seems like we keep boosting shit, then have to boost other shit to balance, which means we have to boost even more shit to balance that.

So what are you going to nerf with the other factions to balance PE then?
taco355 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2012, 02:26:12 pm »

It's more the fact that everything they have is made of paper and their infantry are near useless.
Dnicee Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2012, 02:31:24 pm »

Tank is right, PE is awesome.

Youre just a bunch of axis fanboys!

Balance!
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2012, 02:36:48 pm »

I don't think PE are awesome at all. I think they are at a true disadvantage right now.

What my question is: what caused it. It has not always been this way, so we should try and determine what caused the issue before we just start buffing the shit out units again.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2012, 02:37:47 pm »

Pretty much it, the new higher numbers of AT of all categories screwed them. Zooks/ATG spam is common now.

They got left by the wayside as Allied doctrines got better and more elite.

They need to rebalanced to allow for proper infantry support of their higher pop support weapons.

PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2012, 02:44:16 pm »

Yes, that is a large factor, with the increased resources, atg and zook spam is common.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2012, 02:54:28 pm »

Thx for the derail guys!

Can we stay on fucking topic.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2012, 03:11:39 pm »

Too much cheap handheld AT ruins PE.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2012, 03:18:00 pm »

good jesus...thats too much to read.

I don't think PE are awesome at all. I think they are at a true disadvantage right now.

What my question is: what caused it. It has not always been this way, so we should try and determine what caused the issue before we just start buffing the shit out units again.

the soldier armor change? move 'em back to 60 health per man with soldier armor.

I can't think of anything that made PE too weak. I think it has a lot of issues but they are a tough faction to fight.

If there's any one thing, it would be that it's one biggest strength has somehow been nullified: Mobility.

I remember the days of AC swarms, IHT's, marders, etc just wrecking havoc and in the effort of making PE more stationary like the other factions, it's mobility was taken away.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc