Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 04:28:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 02:40:48 pm]

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about vet for automatic weapons  (Read 2105 times)
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« on: October 09, 2012, 04:10:51 am »

Alright, this is mostly directed at the devs/whoever is responsible for the vet tables, and while I know they are incomplete as it stands there is one quirk with the vet I'd like to ask about, namely auto's.

As far as I know with RGD's, Auto's rely on Burst Length, Frequency & Rate of Fire for most of their DPS output so when you have buffs like Reload/Cooldown 0.75 this actually only buffs single shot type weapons. This does next to nothing aside from minimal reload reductions for automatic weapons like Thopson/MP40's/LMG's or Brens.

I guess what I'm asking is, this will get addressed correct? It feels odd if the buffs dont apply to all types of weapons when they are nonspecific like that.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thingafter they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 05:12:56 am »

What makes you think cooldown reduction is useless?

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 05:32:05 am »

I did not say it was useless, what I said was it affects the SMG's disproportionately, for example.

Garand - Operates only on cooldown and reloads, so a straight 25% increase to RoF as far as I know.
Greasegun - Burst duration 1-1.5, Cooldown 1-1.5. Effectively only gets half the buff of vet 5.

Not to mention, the GG already gets 0.3 cooldown at short range, it's effective range, so the buff is barely existent at that point. It varies between the different SMG's (Thompsons have a longer cooldown for example) but it's rather inconsistent overall, with rifles getting a larger buff than auto's in general. Actually, Garands/Carbines benefit more than Lee's and Kar98's now that I think about it due to the latter having a 0.5 winddown that aint touched by the buff.

I'm just kinda bored, but it's still an inconsistency.

While on RGD's someone explain this one to me, it's the kar98 cooldown... why?

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 07:48:36 am »

Some weapons were changed to make the cooldown buff more beneficial. certain grenadier rifles I believe.

Also, burst weapons are still affected by the buff. The close in weapons fire quickly anyway, but everything usually does. LMG's still get a good benefit from it because every small arm weapon has a cooldown.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 07:53:17 am »

Also, burst weapons are still affected by the buff. The close in weapons fire quickly anyway, but everything usually does. LMG's still get a good benefit from it because every small arm weapon has a cooldown.
You're correct on the LMG, it had a higher cooldown than I thought. But as far as SMG's go?

The Thompson has a cooldown around 4-5 seconds, while greaseguns/mp40's have it between 1-2 seconds, in this case the vet benifits for either is wildly different and one could argue it would be better to give the MP40's to a lower vet squad, as the rifles enjoy a bigger benefit at higher levels. But most of this is really moot because of the 0.3 cooldown mod most SMG's have at short range, due to the utter crap they are outside the short ranges it really doesn't do that much for their damage output at all.

Unless the intention was actually to keep veteran squads vanilla it's a bit inconsistent, that's all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc