Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:49:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Presidential Debate - USA  (Read 79876 times)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« on: October 17, 2012, 09:35:46 am »

So...

I am not American, I am Canadian. However, I recognize our close ties to the USA and how it can impact our economy. For that reason, I pay attention to what is going on there.

It's been a while since we had a political debate in our forums, so I am sure this will spark one up.

I am obviously not a Republican or Democrat, so I have to base my decisions on the person, not the political rhetoric.

Romney is full of shit and will cause more conflicts world wide. He boasts of an economic plan, but NEVER states the details. He never answers questions straight up, it's always a sideways answer.

Do I think Obama is perfect? - Nope not at all. But here are facts I must look at:

George W. Bush inherited a strong economy, a budget surplus, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later, he left Obama with a shattered economy, a trillion dollar deficit, and two useless wars.

Obama saved the country from another Great Depression, rebuilt GM, reformed healthcare, reformed Wall Street, doubled the stock market, created 12 straight quarters of GDP growth, created 32 straight months of private sector job growth, got Bin Laden, got Gaddafi, and got the USA out of Iraq.

Not a bad track record for someone handed a country fucked beyond believe. In fact, I not really sure why anyone thought he could do more then that in only 4 years.

Let the debate begin!!!

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 10:20:42 am »

Both suck

'nuff said

Bit hard when its flaunted infront of you as a  broken reward piece of ass you'll never get to shag with.
Current Vets:

nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 10:33:45 am »

Tank, a rich guy, supporting dems over republicans? Dafuq? Rich people are not supposed to be sensible or realistic, you're ruining my world view here! Then again, guess there is a reason Canadians get mad when you compare them to Americans Smiley

As far as US politics go? It's a horribly broken system and with only two options as many people put it you're stuck with voting for who you dislike the least. Not to mention all the money (superpac/lobbying) that gets thrown around were it does not beling... Then you have the news shows attacking eachother left and right with fox news carrying the flag of retard to the limit.

It's funny, I keep up with the American civil war... I mean politics now and then for the sheer entertainment value it can provide sometimes.

Also, remember tank, according to Fox you shouldn't bring up bush, it's in the past, it's all Obama's fault because he couldn't fix one of the worst economic dissasters in modern history in 4 years... Cause, you know, Logic! Wink Also, Lowering taxes solves everything!

(Niko is rather incapable of taking US politics seriously due to how insanely stupid their system is, and the fact that it's people wont do anything about it)

Okay, on a more serious note if Romney wins I think the rest of the world needs to plan some kind of contingency plan to cut the US loose, just in case he pulls another bush. Wink
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 10:40:49 am by nikomas » Logged

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 11:06:05 am »

Well the only thing i care about in the USA is Bill Gates, if the modifications to the Icelandic constitution is going trough in its current state its going to enable any foreign investors to buy anything they want as long as its not a natural resource so i would rather want Gates to buy the entire country instead of Some wealthy Chinese guy.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 11:09:06 am by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 11:13:44 am »

Romney's a complete tool, I honestly can not believe he's even a candidate for presidency. Then again, looking over his contenders in the republican primaries, one could say he's about the sharpest tool in that wretched shed that is now the GOP.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 11:14:18 am »

Ice, Lets not bring up china... less I get banned from saying not so very nice things
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 11:15:20 am »

I'm far more concerned with our failed political system than either individual candidate. We really need to break out of the two party mindset. They don't even let other parties take part in the debates.

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 11:20:36 am »

Do bring up China. Oh gee, China's stealing jobs with their below minimum wage economy! Let's get those jobs back by paying our people even less!

I'm far more concerned with our failed political system than either individual candidate. We really need to break out of the two party mindset. They don't even let other parties take part in the debates.
Well, supposedly a third party could break into the system. And it's about time one does. Just look at what happened in the UK, until they blew it. But a third party won't solve much in itself, you'd need to sincerely reform Congress and curb lobbying just as well.

Or like Timothy Garton Ash sais it. (Doesn't just apply to foreign policy really)
The biggest problem for American foreign policy today is not called Obama, or Bush, or China; it is called Congress. Whether you look at trade, climate change, China or Iran, it is the US Congress where policy becomes entangled, distorted and stymied. If the United States really wants to meet the hopes of a world in which its own relative power is undoubtedly diminished, it should introduce four-year terms for members of the House of Representatives, reform political finance and curb the lobbyists who enjoy "power without responsibility: the prerogative of the harlot throughout the ages". Effective foreign policy begins at home.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 11:23:33 am »

Ice, Lets not bring up china... less I get banned from saying not so very nice things

Pfft, this is  General > General Discussion.
The worst thing thats going to happen is shockcoil to hate you but fuck him hes not around here anymore and if they are gonna go ban you then shits wierd.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 11:25:45 am »

First of all the entire system in the US is completely broken with legalised corruption, a two party system where both sides is pretty much the same and mostly completely fucking ridiculous candidates to boot.

Mitt Romney happens to be an all time low, even in US politics (!) You thought G.W Bush and John McCain was bad? Think again.

He's a Mormon and even that should be enough reason not to vote for him. Having a Mormon president is about as sound as having a Scientologist president.

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 11:30:39 am »

The saddest thing about Romney is that his competition during the primaries was unequivocally worse*.

-Herman Cain
-Michele Bachmann
-Rick Perry
-Newt Gingrich

I mean, seriously, did the Republican base think ten seconds before allowing these guys on stage? I have few doubts that Romney might be competent if the country was less crazy. But the base he's pledged to is nuts, and it's affecting his campaign (and potential presidency) in a horrific manner.

*Exceptions are Jon Huntsman and Ron Paul. Paul's only half-crazy and Huntsman was half-decent as potential Rep candidates went. But both were doomed from the start.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 11:40:57 am by acker » Logged
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2012, 11:37:00 am »

Romney's a complete tool, I honestly can not believe he's even a candidate for presidency. Then again, looking over his contenders in the republican primaries, one could say he's about the sharpest tool in that wretched shed that is now the GOP.

Ron Paul is very competent. But obviously he didn't make it since he stands against some of the republican values, most importantly he wants to demilitarize and focus on internal problems instead of playing world police. Which is completely against republican views.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 11:47:05 am »

Ron Paul is very competent. But obviously he didn't make it since he stands against some of the republican values, most importantly he wants to demilitarize and focus on internal problems instead of playing world police. Which is completely against republican views.

I don't mind most of Paul's foreign policy. I actually agree with most of his non-interventionist stuff, more than I agree with Romney or Obama's FP. But his economics is to economists as creationism is to biologists.

Seriously, no economist I know would agree with his monetary policy.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2012, 11:48:22 am »

We should withdraw our military from foreign countries and reduce foreign aid. Let Europe take care of Africa and the Middle East...

Yea nothing would get done.
Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 11:55:09 am »

First off all politicians are and will always be under the current system "assholes".

Now Obama is the one telling fibs here, not Romney.

Look at Ronald Regan and how he inherited a similar situation which he then turned around in the 3 years. So you can give me this "It was the previous administration fault because that's a bullshit excuse for why you did a poor job". Mr Obama, is not for a bipartisanship and doesn't give two flying fucks about what other people want, it's his way or the highway. With Romney at least you get a guy who will work with both sides and get things done.

What I can't get is how people don't understand Romeny's plan. It's quite simple really. He goes to congress and says I want a 20% across the board tax cut you work out how we get there. How is that hard to understand?  Then we as a country are sitting on my oil the all of the middle east combined and the government will not let us drill on it?HuhHuhHuhHuh? This alone could totally turn around are country with an estimated 500 billion barrels of oil which would last of more then 2000 years. I'm all for green energy but we have options available to us right now to drastically decrease the price of fuel along with creating new jobs and lowering overall costs of goods. It is just plan stupid that we are not taking advantage of this right now.

I could go on for days but what Obama has been saying is just not true, look at the facts. Did you know to help pay for Obama care that a new tax was added to the sale of your home? Isn't that a tax on middle income families? O and you also get and extra quarter of a point attached to your mortgage if you don't put down 25% on a new home loan, I think that's a tax on middle class families as well not to mention my health care going up by $120 dollars a year.  Did I mention that my fathers company had to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars hiring a firm to figure out what this health care meant for them? They could have hired a few more people with that money. If the bush tax cuts do not get extended you will be looking at a serious housing problem with the debt forgiveness on short sales being taxed again. That's going to create a nice little mess. Then you have the tax  increases going up which definitely doesn't give incentives for people to hire, especially publicly traded companies who look for every and each way to minimize costs.

Obama's policies have failed us and will continue to do so. Sure you can blame the republicans for grid locking but what about the first two years when we had a democrat controlled congress?Huh Obama is just clearly not the choice for America if you want this country to still be around 20 years from now. Mitt Romney is not the best and I disagree with him on many subjects but you'll have to admit that he's more qualified and better able to run this country then Mr. Obama could ever hope to be.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2012, 11:57:05 am »

Let's not forget that republicans in the first year of his presidency.

1. Publicly stated that their very existence over the next four years was to not let Obama pass any legislation or win another term.

2. Started the racist tea party movement

http://www.obamaftw.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/racist-tea-party.jpg
http://mokellyreport.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/obamawillis.jpg
http://www.kulturekritic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/15/teapartysign1sm1.jpg

and when people started getting upset with it, never denounced it yet re-enforced it.

3. Put a whole bunch of crap into saying that he's not an american, show us your birth certificate and when he did, said it was fake lol.

I mean, how can you take the GOP seriously when Rush Limbaugh is their spokeshole? He's a joke!

I'm not saying Dem's are any better cuz they're not, I hate the ones here in california BUT at least I know the things I dislike about them, they admit that's what they are, the republicans are sneaky and dishonest and speak in circle, insight negativity.

I'm so glad that Romney got lambasted yesterday.

He's such a coward and a liar and ryan is worse!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57532807/charity-president-paul-ryan-did-nothing-at-soup-kitchen-photo-op/

they didn't want him there, said they dont get involved in political stuff, bribed someone to let him in and cleaned a clean pot while his wife put away dishes that were already put away.

and when he asked if anything else could be done, was told to talk to homeless and he declined.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, 11:58:33 am »

We should withdraw our military from foreign countries and reduce foreign aid. Let Europe take care of Africa and the Middle East...

Yea nothing would get done.

I agree. sick of having our military everywhere and Europe lambasts us over it and when we ignore something, we get lambasted again.

Just bring everything home, dont give a crap about anything unless it directly threatens our security and let Europe handle their own crap.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 12:02:21 pm »

Funny thing about Ron Paul, the Republican party cheated and changed it's own rules just so they could keep Ron Paul out.
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 12:03:45 pm »

AMPM: To be honest, leaving Africa and the Middle East by and large alone might be the fastest way to develop them. The most effective foreign aid development projects also tend to be the cheapest (microfinance, micronutrient supplements, mosquito nets). Not that I'd have issues with the United States spending more money on foreign aid.

The only area in the ME that's possibly threatening is the Israel-Iran thing. But both players are rational actors and are quite unlikely to willfully initiate thermonuclear annihilation; economic intervention is more likely to engineer a solution than, say, bombing the crap out of them.

Jodomar: O.o
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 12:06:30 pm by acker » Logged
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 12:06:17 pm »

But his economics is to economists as creationism is to biologists.

Seriously, no economist I know would agree with his monetary policy.

Care to explain why?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc