Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 08:28:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carentan  (Read 3944 times)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« on: January 06, 2013, 04:02:13 pm »

I want to review each of these maps to see why they are not getting played. I would like people who ACTUALLY PLAYED THE MAP to give their input on what they liked and disliked about the map. What could be done to improve the map.

The the owner of the map will have to the option to make the suggested changes or allow someone else to make the changes for them. If the changes are just too overwhelming and not worth the efforts, we will just remove the map.

Show Some respect:

People put a lot of work into these maps. Comments like "it sucks" will not be tolerated. Post useful, helpful comments or just don't post.
We need input from people who actually want to help and better the playing environment.

If you can't play nice, just don't post please.

If you need a screen shot of the map to show notes etc, let me know and I will unpack it and post the shot.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 10:26:56 pm »

aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 11:01:38 pm »

ATG LANES- where cover is limited  completely exposed

Artillery death zones, simply artillery rules on this map Most of the passages in the map are to narrow to actually avoid the artillery especially hummel splash and the 90s cooldown with creeping( which goes in a straight line) just murders on this map.

Your flanking ability is limited. The train yard on the right hand side is completely useless for flanking it's easy to choke off with mines and Tank traps and the house provides a great MG support. Along with the trains blocking and hurting the movement of tanks or LVS. This is Essentialy the least played area of the map.

Your only real flanking option is again cutoff by objects that hurt movement for both sides getting out is hard as well as getting into the train yard.

Overall this map is really good for artillery or any kind and support weapons with buildings to blow down and shoot over. No infantry is safe.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 11:05:31 pm »

I don't know about anyone else, but I can;t read the blue text

Who made this map?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 11:08:22 pm by tank130 » Logged
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 11:10:30 pm »

All this map needs to be perfectly good to go is for the train to be removed and the line of hedges next to the train tracks on the right.

I drool at thinking how good this map would be if that right side weren't so cloistered by those two things.

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 11:24:03 pm »

didn't Spartanmarine create this?
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 02:59:04 am »

It's by spartan, yes, and quite frankly it's a great map. One of the few truly good urban maps we have. It was always fairly popular when it was first released so no changes are necessary to it. Opening up the right side a little wouldn't hurt indeed, though the notion that every single map needs a ton of 'flanking space' like skaffology suggests is sheer nonsense.

Also, the map is better suited for 3vs3 then it is for 4vs4. I honestly don't even think 4vs4 should be an option on it.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 03:13:24 am »

Its not wide enough for a 4v4 imo.

Perhaps a building shuffle is in order to open up some new lanes of attack and closing others.

Setting some buildings off kilter slightly with the straight roads to give more indirect fire cover.

Left flank could do with a shuffle too its easily locked down by an 88, marder, 76mm/17pdr.

And the railroad just feels out of place for such a small map maybe breaking the train up into sections to allow a bit more manuverability.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 02:37:11 pm »

4v4s on this are quite static. Often resulting in mortar and arty wars.

Its a 4v4 map which means in this case the entire frontline is pretty much covered by something all the time. Which imo generates a bad map.

This creates dull gameplay.

If it was a 3v3 more room would be left unguarded, allowing for some flanking moves and surprise attacks.

Another option is to keep it a 4v4 but open up the right side (railway area) as others have suggested.

For example the trench over there is pretty useless but negates any vehicle movement.
Opening up that area might make the gameplay on the map less static.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 02:38:46 pm by skaffa » Logged

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc