Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 07:27:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Allieds get to many advantages  (Read 9528 times)
RHYS4190
« on: December 23, 2007, 08:32:46 pm »

IV noticed a lot playing that axis players get screwed in a lot of things.

Arti is one of them. I was playing vanilla the other day and I got completely raped by howitzer we won though because of the panzer elite player called antiparidox,

Worst of all axis does not get howitzer which is a living joke on relics, because German ARMY does have howitzers so why don't we get them? Sure we get the nerbelwalfer, which should own, but does not even though it shoots 20lb 30lb to 40lb rockets which is a absolutely huge and you get such a sad result from them.

So Devs can you at lest program the nebelwalfers to match the howitzers please. It your mod you should not have to abide by relics stupid sense of balance.

And why do allies get more men then axis players there squads are 6 are squads get 5 to 4 how is that fair?. or are 4 infantry (granadiers stronger then 6 US infantry. and rangers get 6 why don't Axis?.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 08:38:35 pm by RHYS4190 » Logged
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 08:36:06 pm »

It's all Balance.

EiR tends not to want to mess with the unit balance as this can cause more harm than good.

Howitzers are better than Nebelwerfers because they are a Doctrine specific unit, while the Nebelwerfer is available to everyone at the start, regardless of doctrine choice.

CommanderNewbie Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 08:40:57 pm »

This forum is turning in to Relic Forums :|

CommanderNewbie - Allied
Prydefalcn - Axis
AirborneCommander Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 08:48:42 pm »

Ok, Grenadiers are better than Riflemen despite having only four men. Nebels may not have the firepower of the Howitzer, but it can evade counter battery fire by moving. It also has a larger AoE so you can actually inflict more damage in certain cases. It also only takes one barrage to take out a bridge compared to a Howitzer which takes two. Nebels are already quite devastating, perhaps you haven't been on the receiving end? Also, in EIR, Nebels have a much higher survival rate compared to the stationary Howitzer that cannot move or retreat offmap.

Some people may not agree with me, but the Axis are actually more powerful than the Allies on EIR, IMHO. The Allies are the ones who are getting the short end of the stick with their crappier MG, lighter armor, and lack of a 30% popcap advantage in lategame. Volkspam also eats Riflespam alive.
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 09:19:59 pm »

You are telling me that Nebels are worse than Howies, and that Allied infantry is better than Axis infantry? Good grief, where can we begin...

Nebels can move, suppress, and have napalm payloads. This means that it incinerates infantry that it suppresses...and the only way to retreat in EIR is off-map. Movement allows it to avoid Howie shots; an Axis player should never lose an artillery duel with a Howie. Since the Howie is stationary, it's an Off-Map arty magnet. It can't survive any Axis off-map arty in existence, either. Most importantly, the Nebel costs 90 fuel, while the Howie costs over 300. Nebels should have a price nerf.

Reinforcing doesn't work in EIR (well, it does, but it's rarely practical). Rifle squads get chewed up by grens. Rifles with BARs tend to lose a couple men when facing gren squads, reducing their combat effectiveness. Airborne are just pitiful without vet...or when facing SMGs. Rangers are the only exception to the Axis infantry>Allied infantry, and that's only because Rangers are in Infantry Company. And Rangers still get mauled by KCH (but few people use KCH).

Seriously, stay in the vCOH forums. Please. Willful foolishness isn't nice, especially if you don't have a decent argument.
RHYS41 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2007, 09:39:00 pm »

Oh yeah i had a hard on and i had to get a tiger(tank). so i deleted my old acount whoops :O.  and when blitz my new name now is RHYS41 easyer then old one yess?.

And im quite happy saying what i said there i got a lot of information out of it by making you angry that you would not have voluntered by asking Tongue.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 09:44:05 pm by RHYS41 » Logged
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2007, 09:42:47 pm »

Not angry. Anger is reserved for trolls and consistent idiots.

"Indignant" would be a better term. People can't help being challenged once in a while.

Anyways, there's no need to create new accounts. There is a "Delete Profile" button.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 09:44:40 pm by acker » Logged
Days of War Offline
Official Axis Propoganda Minister
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2007, 10:02:14 pm »

What's with the sudden surge of "OMFG HOWIE OP PLOX LOLLOLOLOLOLLOOOLOLOLOLOLOLOL" threads.

RHYS41 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2007, 10:08:36 pm »

Meah im lonly my ship yard has closed down for crismas and there is nothing to do can some one play with me? come on!. Im in battle one channel if one of you want to game.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 10:11:34 pm by RHYS41 » Logged
Thtb-Ally Offline
The German Guy on the Ally side?
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2007, 05:25:40 am »

Yeah yeah the axis only players complain about axis being up.
Allys complain about Axis being OP.

I only say that the Flak88 is not nearly as cost effectiv as thr howitzer and if you want to ever see a flak88 on the field again it needs:

a) Crew life up. (A flak88-CREW (C R E W) is MORE likely to be attacked (sucessfull) than a howitzer
                       even if someplayers dont get it)

b) Price decrease (Why buy a useless,easly killed, inmobile gun if you can get 2 Paks that are moveable, cloaked and have around 400% higher chance to surive a battle and you can retreat them)

Days of War Offline
Official Axis Propoganda Minister
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2007, 10:19:55 am »

Yeah yeah the axis only players complain about axis being up.
Allys complain about Axis being OP.

I only say that the Flak88 is not nearly as cost effectiv as thr howitzer and if you want to ever see a flak88 on the field again it needs:

a) Crew life up. (A flak88-CREW (C R E W) is MORE likely to be attacked (sucessfull) than a howitzer
                       even if someplayers dont get it)

b) Price decrease (Why buy a useless,easly killed, inmobile gun if you can get 2 Paks that are moveable, cloaked and have around 400% higher chance to surive a battle and you can retreat them)

Do not turn this into your last thread, THTB. Please, for the love of god, let it go.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2007, 11:47:44 am »

Please stop derailing threads, it's christmas eve so I don't feel like taking any action Wink.
Lai Offline
Propaganda Minister

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2007, 05:01:55 pm »

When I think about it, I've never bought an 88 in EiR. Then again, I've never played defensive doctrine Tongue

Stranger5000 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2007, 05:06:11 pm »

when you use a flak 88 you take the chance it will die in battle. So basically you have to be prepared to lose it. Also one thing you have to watch out is your teammates killing your crew and taking your flak or howie.
|-|Cozmo|-| Offline
Lieutenant General of all Ninja's.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2007, 05:06:55 pm »

do what luftwaffle does, and buy 3.
Skunker Offline
Koenigstiger Panzerfuehrer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2007, 06:44:36 pm »

What's with the sudden surge of "OMFG HOWIE OP PLOX LOLLOLOLOLOLLOOOLOLOLOLOLOLOL" threads.

Probably has something to do with the influx of noobs.

Howitzer < Firestorm & Mil Int
Howitzer < Stuka barrage
Howitzer < Mass swarm of units overrunning it

A howitzer becomes the game of an allied player who deploys it, he must defend it with all his units. Therefore it is a piece of shit.

Stranger491 Offline
Seargent Stranger
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2007, 07:29:12 pm »

Remember new players you have to play Eir for a while know why things are the way they are. And skunker is right when a Allie player does bring out of howie he must protect it with his life, and sometimes needs his teammates to send in units to protect him. I have lost tons of howies because the axis player calls out a off map barrage or calls in stormtroopers to kill it. Remember howie's downfall is that it can't move but the good thing is it can basically shoot halfway across the whole map (except for French country side can't even cover 1/4).
And for people who think that axis infantry are inferior to allies infantry. Here are some facts you should know.
The German infantry are more versitile and are better than allies infantry. If you get mp40 for you volks they can run over riflemen. Grenadiers with lmg can do a great deal to rangers from a distance, and with their shreks can easilly tear apart enemy tanks.The airborne are basically weaker forms of riflemen but are awsome when they get to vet3. The riflemen are good at supressing units lmg and schreks (when they have bars)and also good at slowing down some tanks with stickies. In my opinion the rangers are great only when they have smg. I have seen rangers get killed by a vet1 volk and whenever you see rangers with smgs you should counter them with 2 KCH, but if you don't you should always fight at a distance with you volks or grenadiers.

Every mission with me is a suicide mission.
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2007, 07:39:44 pm »

With the recent changes to Rangers I think that we could put the population on KCH back down to 3.  The major problem with them before was a Panther/3 KCH start, but now that Rangers have been buffed and KCH cost more Munitions, I don't think it would be a problem anymore.

Step out of the way. He'll keep going until he hits a wall, that being Akranadas. Let him go unmolested, his journey will take less time.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2007, 07:44:32 pm »

Don't forget that your availability on KCH is 5....as in you cannot use them as a counter to rangers because you only get 5 squads across all your companies.

acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2007, 07:50:53 pm »

Yeah, reducing KCH popcap back to 3 might work.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc