Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 03:28:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warmap video tutorial  (Read 3553 times)
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« on: May 16, 2013, 08:47:56 am »

Ok guys, here's a quick video tutorial of how to properly use the warmap and warcard system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l0Qi0ETiuo&feature=youtu.be

Also below is a Q&A of the warmap I did with EIRRmod that will cover some items not discussed in the video tutorial.

Terms and functions:

Resource cards and sector resources:
These cards add an amount to MP, MU and FU Supply.  This supply is what is drained from peoples priorities after a game.

Main sector icons: (Factory/Tent/Muni point/Fuel point/Airfield)
MP, MU and FU Sector icons, and the point of resource supply.
The closer a sector is to each of these, the higher the supply they will recieve each turn (100 cycles).
Tent, Factory and Airfield WILL BE how many SP for offmaps of those type you get. (Not functioning)

Secondary sector icons: (card abilities)
These are called Sector Effects.
Currently, only Temporary MP, MU and FU points, and a Temp spawn point.
These act like the icons of matching types.  So a temp MP effect is the same as a sector with a MU point on it.

War Theatre:
The war theatre is a moving point for Axis and Allies that grant an additional Warmap card and VPs when attacking or defending this point.

Primary/Secondary/Tertiary priority:
These control sector MP, MU and FU supply maximums, and resupply.  
500, 250 and 100 for maximum.
200, 100 and 50 for resupply per turn (Assuming 1 distance) with a 'dropoff' of 20% per extra distance away.
Primary, is a frontline sector (Next to an enemy, or neutral territory)
Secondary is one sector distance back from the front line.
Tertiary, is every other sector.

Cycles and Victory points:
Every game played, reduces the 'cycle' of that players faction.
So, in a 3v3, Allied cycle is reduced by 3, and Axis cycle is reduced by 3.
Once a teams cycle timer reaches 0, a 'turn' happens.  This is where MP/MU/FU supply is refreshed.

Main/Secondary objective:
I am assuming that if you get the "main objective", both "secondary objectives" or a combination of the two than the war is over.
Capturing an objective, grants the enemy team that many VPs.
Attacking to, or from an objective point (including war theatre) awards more warcards per battle.

Defense points:
Measures defense of sector. When Defense points equal "0" for the defending team, then the sector changes hands.

Defense mod:
This number affects the defence amount that a player contributes.  It is similar to the way you are thinking, but different.
Think of it as a fortification bonus.
If for example I am defending a location for 100 pts, and it has a DefMod of 90%, I only add 90pts to the defence number.

Support points:
Support points are used for every action, moving, recalling, attacking etc.  When a sector runs out of support points, the DefMod is affected.  Thus, some players occasionally need to do a Support action to keep this up.

Hope that helps some of you out with the warmap.

TLDR version: its better to play the actual warmap than to not play, or sit on a back map resource point because you think you are getting a bonus. All the extra resource bonuses and extra war cards/points go to players that actively play on the front lines.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 08:51:33 am by Groundfire » Logged

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 08:53:03 am »

TLDR version: its better to play the actual warmap than to not play, or sit on a back map resource point because you think you are getting a bonus. All the extra resource bonuses and extra war cards/points go to players that actively play on the front lines.

Advantages dont work atm and resource sector gives extra, like +300 muni.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 08:55:48 am »

If that is so, than it's not to be intended, I have not seen this bug. I just think you guys are confusing the situations in which you get your resources and when you do not.

The way it's intended is the way I described it. I wansnt planning on doing a tutorial over a bug.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 09:31:14 am »

adjusting advantages seems to have no effect.

also, its unclear what several types of sectors seem to do:  tent, airplane, circle with dot, factory. EDIT: this is answered above, nvm

Also, whats the advantages of raiding a sector over simply attacking it, and how does raid orders affect game type % chances?

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 05:50:08 pm »

adjusting advantages seems to have no effect.

Not too sure what is going on here. Mine seems to work fine. Maybe the effect is not immediate.

Here's my advantages, looks good to me.

Also, whats the advantages of raiding a sector over simply attacking it, and how does raid orders affect game type % chances?

Raiding an enemy sector directly reduces the amount of resource supply the other team uses. In theory, you are reducing the resources of the enemy companies playing in that sector, but since we dont know if the advantages are working at all, I can't tell you if it's effecting anything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc