Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 08:53:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: um, AB mortar still OP  (Read 11676 times)
UndeathWrath Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2013, 10:46:15 am »

on that note mustard gas should just vaporize everything it touches instantly (barring tanks)

with a slight price increase to make up for it ofc lol

tank130:
oh noessss....I can't counter your big, unmovable anti tank gun with my much smaller, mobile, and cheaper anti tank gun.......
WTF... the horrors of imbalance.......
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2013, 11:46:31 am »

Boooooo hooooooo

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
UndeathWrath Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2013, 11:57:24 am »

Tankedit: Unrelated comments removed
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 02:37:48 pm by tank130 » Logged
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2013, 12:42:04 pm »

Cry about it ally fanboi
Seems to me like you're actually the one crying about it...

CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2013, 01:20:39 pm »

Something called a sniper, you should try it once or twice. Also get an m8 or a Stuart to suicide to kill the Stuka ht's

my snipers get killed by airburst mortars far more than I snipe them out

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2013, 01:21:49 pm »

What I just don't understand is why does it fire more than 1 shell? I mean, the MHT does not fire multiple incendiary shells does it?

this is a good solution

and for those comparing it to MHT, incendiary barrage does not always go where you place it either...
UndeathWrath Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2013, 02:25:44 pm »

Tankedit: Unrelated comments removed

Balance Ban in place
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 02:38:17 pm by tank130 » Logged
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2013, 02:31:47 pm »

Why you gotta make personal attacks on balance forum mayne? Hurting my feelings = /
(airborne mortar is still op)
clonetroopers Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2013, 02:33:54 pm »

Make more like canister shell, not a butt ton of damage, but more of a suppression tool
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2013, 02:38:38 pm »

Please keep it on topic gents.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2013, 02:59:55 pm »

Make more like canister shell, not a butt ton of damage, but more of a suppression tool

Sounds good to me, RCA airbust on a mortar for AB

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2013, 03:14:55 pm »

RCA Airburst is just flat out terrible, lol.. Why would you want to ever buy it?

nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2013, 03:42:27 pm »

"Our airburst is terrible, so the other airburst has to be terrible to!"

Or, you could make a balance thread on the Airburst or revive one that's been there before, and maybe the offmap can have a look.

Do note that the airburst is a tier 2 offmap now.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Marlboroman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2013, 04:29:17 pm »

Keep in mind That infantry caught in the barrage is still vulnerable and the fact That it can be used as a no go zone to give your own troops time to Get there, as i think the airburst barrage has a Fairly long duration.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2013, 06:10:58 pm »

Or, you could make a balance thread on the Airburst or revive one that's been there before, and maybe the offmap can have a look.

I'm sorry, are you defending your horrible inclusion of this retarded ability?  Its completely ridiculous.  Every other mortar in the game gives you a chance to move your units after you see a shot come down.  The airburst just appears and all your shit is gone.  There's no warning, and no surviving.  Your only chance is either a) constantly keep moving, which is stupid with many units, or b) try to time it, which is bound to fail eventually.

It needs removed.  Come up with another ability in its place, I don't care, or just let auxiliary equipment continue on without it, its perfectly viable without airburst barrage included.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2013, 06:23:17 pm »

Keep it in but make it a single round ability like inc round on the MHT
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2013, 06:27:15 pm »

I'm sorry, are you defending your horrible inclusion of this retarded ability?  Its completely ridiculous.  Every other mortar in the game gives you a chance to move your units after you see a shot come down.  The airburst just appears and all your shit is gone.  There's no warning, and no surviving.  Your only chance is either a) constantly keep moving, which is stupid with many units, or b) try to time it, which is bound to fail eventually.

It needs removed.  Come up with another ability in its place, I don't care, or just let auxiliary equipment continue on without it, its perfectly viable without airburst barrage included.

Just looking through the RGDs on this.

The airburst is just a 25 damage mortar shell with double the AoE of a normal mortar shell. When it hits infantry armored units, it does x2 damage, so that's 50 damage per shell.

One wont kill anything. It's 50 damage, the lowest HP axis squad is volks and their 65 HP. To say it kills them outright is exaggeration, or it's being fired at weakened squads.

Two will shells on the same target will wipe out most infantry.

Im not saying it's not a problem, but we are not going to "remove it" cause its too powerful. When have we ever just "removed" an ability from public opinion alone?

What needs to be done:

-damage needs to be brought down to 20 like a regular mortar shell.
-Criticals for red and yellow need to be cut by 25-50%
-Shells of barrage reduced from 4 to 3

Then you have something that's well worth the munitions, your not nerfed into oblivion and axis squads have a chance to survive 2 shots and escape.

I wouldnt do a single round ability. All other single round specialty mortar barrages have the added benefit of DoT area denial. The airburst does not. It falls randomly within a 20m circle and does burst damage. If you want to push through it, you can, there's nothing stopping you from occupying that area of ground after the barrage is expended.

1 round on a burst damage, delayed ability which already takes a considerable amount of timing is not worth the cost. We'd have to increase the AoE again.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2013, 06:28:39 pm »

It doesnt fit in with other mortars. Also makes firestprm nebel look bad for pop

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2013, 06:29:07 pm »

You know what else is a tier 2 unlock? Double-shreks for storms. An upgrade that is twice as pop-efficient as any other anti-tank upgrade in the game, while still being mobile. Another tier 2 unlock is the airburst mortar upgrade - which instantly gibs units caught in the splash. I told you from the get go that what you made with the airburst mortar is a 4-popcap howitzer with a 1-minute cooldown. You reduced the splash so it's not a BUFFED howitzer on a 1-minute cooldown, sure. Now it's simply on par. Gj. Still double the pop-efficiency of a howitzer, though (at a fractional cost).

The fact it's a T2 unlock is the most irrelevant thing in the game. It's still a crap off-map that takes forever to drop and can not kill what it is intended to kill. My latest game facing against it my sniper literally took 3 shells to the face without blinking an eye (I thought for a second that maybe my sniper bugged out into invulnearability like the old captain sometimes would - a few jeeps coming my way soon set that assumption straight).

I don't bother creating threads anymore. If something does somehow get changed based on actual evidence it's only after me writing the equivalent of a 3000 word 3rd year essay in terms of workload and frustration. Considering I honestly don't give that much of a shit - I'll pass.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2013, 06:34:01 pm »

It doesnt fit in with other mortars.

We'll that's not an arguement. :/

Also makes firestprm nebel look bad for pop

I can agree with you there.

Maybe we can make the airburst barrage into uses? It probably shouldnt be a cooldown ability considering how good it is.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc