Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 10:31:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rising Storm Released  (Read 7721 times)
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: June 02, 2013, 05:39:30 pm »

Well Rising storm was officially released. Even though beta has been playable for a while. Is it any good? Or is it a camper fest ?
terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 06:27:46 pm »

It's awesome.

Getting 5 people together and doing a proper Banzai charge is just great.

Easily worth the 11 USD (if you have RO2) or 15 USD.

Bit hard when its flaunted infront of you as a  broken reward piece of ass you'll never get to shag with.
Current Vets:

DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 09:02:36 pm »

actually its 15 with HOS and 20 without.

Good game, everyone should try it. Its not a botched up baddy release like HOS was either, and is really fun. Having a great commander as japanese is a really good expierience. Nothing beats throwing smoke then pulling a 30 man banzai charge after your commander gives the order to go in. All after the enemy has been softened up with a mortar barage.

You can play it but with heavy limitations if you own HOS. Riflemen with bolt actions only. You can pick up weapons though. No leveling at all.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 12:08:21 am »

I'm beginning to see where the Japanese' deep seated hatred for flamethrowers come from T-T

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 07:08:29 pm »

There can be in excess of 3 Flamethrowers in a full 64 man game. It's a little ridiculous.

Get your info right

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 08:24:47 pm »

Yea, when a single flamethrower can stop a 30+ man banzai charge, its more than a little ridiculous. 
105TigerHunters Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 09:08:19 pm »

Stabbing Terranub in the back since beta awww yeah, enjoying it so far.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 03:42:01 am by 105TigerHunters » Logged

SnoOp: Hey Undead No one likes you k?

XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 10:26:20 pm »

Yea, when a single flamethrower can stop a 30+ man banzai charge, its more than a little ridiculous. 
That's realism.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 10:49:32 pm »

That's realism.
You've been on EIR forums long enough to know that most of the forums does not approve of extreme realism in a video game.

I think we can all agree its a little bad to have something thats too realistic.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 11:18:09 pm »

You've been on EIR forums long enough to know that most of the forums does not approve of extreme realism in a video game.

I think we can all agree its a little bad to have something thats too realistic.
I'VE been around long enough to know that realism in an rts isn't good unless units are priced to reflect it, like say the blitz mod.

Realism in a fps on the other hand is something that I enjoy.

Like say cod vs battlefield, cod you get shot by a full clip and can survive, BF one good hit you dead.
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 12:27:36 am »

I'VE been around long enough to know that realism in an rts isn't good unless units are priced to reflect it, like say the blitz mod.

Realism in a fps on the other hand is something that I enjoy.

Like say cod vs battlefield, cod you get shot by a full clip and can survive, BF one good hit you dead.

well to be fair COD is easier to die. way easier. higher ROF and easier accuracy. BF games prior to BC 2 you had a good deal of health. Which i honestly enjoyed more. B/c fps seem to never emulate realistic aiming at all
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 06:32:36 am »

Realism in an fps isn't a bad thing, weeds the men from the children

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2013, 06:49:22 am »

Anyone actually played arma properly or operation dragon rising, shits pretty realism.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2013, 06:56:41 am »

That's realism.

Flamethrowers were used for one thing and one thing only, to clear enemy fortifications and even then the guy with the flamethrower had to be covered by several squads of suppressing infantry to be able to get close without being shot down. They were extremely susceptible to enemy fire in open combat, even at close range they we're not effective weapons, not only do you have this heavy bag of napalm strapped around you that can explode any second but it's also not as adaptable as most small arms, it's not as quick nor accurate and has much shorter range and you basically have to be standing up while firing.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2013, 07:23:31 am »

Flamethrowers were used for one thing and one thing only, to clear enemy fortifications and even then the guy with the flamethrower had to be covered by several squads of suppressing infantry to be able to get close without being shot down. They were extremely susceptible to enemy fire in open combat, even at close range they we're not effective weapons, not only do you have this heavy bag of napalm strapped around you that can explode any second but it's also not as adaptable as most small arms, it's not as quick nor accurate and has much shorter range and you basically have to be standing up while firing.

Yes pony you've given a pretty accurate account on how the flamethrower was used, and the pros and cons.

But where in my 2word post did I argue this ?

And where in your great wall of words do you disagree with my post of stating that a single flamethrower shouldn't be capable of neutralizing a 30+ banzai charge ?.

You should really think before you post more often there's a broken link between your neo cortex and mouth.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2013, 07:55:27 am »

It's not the kind of weapon that you can aim around and kill everything with. It's more of a single utility focused weapon that can be useful when you're next to a bunker and can fire into one of the windows and engulf the entire thing in a frenzy of fire black smoke.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 08:30:09 am »

It's not the kind of weapon that you can aim around and kill everything with. It's more of a single utility focused weapon that can be useful when you're next to a bunker and can fire into one of the windows and engulf the entire thing in a frenzy of fire black smoke.

You cant aim a flamethrower ? I'm sorry I must have missed the part where you served in the armed forces and used exclusively the flamethrower most likely of the m2 variety.

Cmon man wake up and smell the napalm, your embarrassing yourself.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2013, 09:42:35 am »

Flamethrowers are an effective weapon. Saying you can't aim it is clearly wrong pony. Stop spouting trash.

2 main reason to use a flamethrower: ability to assault fortifications and the fear caused by use of such weapons. All land animals(yes that includes us) run from fire, it's environmentally and genetically engrained in us. Both the fear of fire, and the fear of pain.

The reports of flamethrowers being really short range is also untrue. It is true, that compared to rifles and other conventional weapons the range is short but torching something 80m away or burning things beyond that is still pretty damn good. Additionally, you can direct a liquid fuel into defilade positions, which allos you to force enemies into the open.

Heck you can wash a bunker in liquid fire and it doesn't even have to go through the fire ports(it likely will) but the het along forces defenders to discontinue using the position.

About the only real drawback is the short lived fuel supply. Other then that it's a good military weapon combining practical effectiveness and a devastating psychological weapon.

EDIT: not to mention that in caves(like the pacific theatre) flame consumed available oxygen.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 09:59:33 am by brn4meplz » Logged
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2013, 03:29:09 pm »

Realism in an fps isn't a bad thing, weeds the men from the children
Something that you don't have to aim is a good thing then?

Let me give you a poorly drawn picture to explain my part of my gripe with it.

I know these are meant to be portreyed as a effective weapon, but when you give it such a huge killing zone you should atleast make poorly aimed streams make people slow die were they can at least shoot. Not were they instadrop gun and they have to stare down their attacker in a desperate last attempt, even though he didn't even hit him with the stream.

Edit: Oh did i forget the part were the flamethrower operator hardly moves slower than the rifleman? So much for pure realism.
Anyone actually played arma properly or operation dragon rising, shits pretty realism.
This is not arma or operation dragon rising, this is a game which takes realism were it fits and balances it out were it should. If the game needed pure realism half of the american weapons would be buffed and the jap bolt actions would be nerfed, with the type 100 being nearly phased out of the game.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 03:33:08 pm by DarkSoldierX » Logged
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2013, 03:36:11 pm »

exactly why i didn't buy the game fucking koreans in EIRR are playing japs.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc