Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 11:00:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Endless Space Disharmony - It's OUT!  (Read 12137 times)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2013, 06:42:56 pm »

That's kinda how if feel about Eir..........lul

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2013, 07:01:35 pm »

I would be down for a scheduled game.

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2013, 07:19:17 pm »

We do play it. I play it but to be honest I trash everyone here and I play it for the testing rather then the challenge.

Get on my level.

Additionally, people require a large time commitment to play it and most people can't make that commitment.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2013, 07:28:24 pm »

Getting on burns level = Learn to rush

Burnplz, 4x has other victory types than conquest but since you don't understand that it is really unfair that you can tech trade isn't it? It's almost like that feature is there to give diplomatic players a chance to win without having to rush military.

But yaknow, diplomacy makes for unfair games apparently  Roll Eyes

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2013, 10:03:14 pm »

He also only plays with ability to colonize all from the start, and enhanced short term FIDS.

Basically, just boring to play with.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2013, 11:11:20 pm »

He also only plays with ability to colonize all from the start, and enhanced short term FIDS.

Basically, just boring to play with.

Just because you can't deal with it doesn't mean it's boring. I play multiple styles and I win most of them.

Rush tactics work on you scrubs because you think the UNiverse is a happy go lucky place, and you'll roll the dice with Pirates every game.

If the pirates get you you'll bitch it was a bad start, if the Pirates get me, you'll bitch that my heroes got bonus Exp. What it comes down to is a failing to perfrom on behalf of you.

If i want to be aggressive and play a faction with both a penalty and a buff to early colonies, and have that followed up by only a hefty penalty to colonies then your ass better make sure it can live past turn 100. Additionally, when I do play other race types I still must be cheating or something right?

Don't try and criticize me for playing to my strengths and culling the constantly weak.

Burnplz, 4x has other victory types than conquest but since you don't understand that it is really unfair that you can tech trade isn't it? It's almost like that feature is there to give diplomatic players a chance to win without having to rush military.

But yaknow, diplomacy makes for unfair games apparently  Roll Eyes

Thats what I'm talking about though. Why bother with the other victory types(which I'd hit anyway with 4-5x the FIDS) when you can't sustain yourself militarily? Your asking me to handicap myself because you can't use Military power and balance an empire. I've played with Tech trading, and yeah it's annoying but I still win, it just makes the process slower.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 11:16:15 pm by brn4meplz » Logged
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2013, 04:04:08 am »

So thus games pretty much s.o.a.s.e but turn based and more rok sizzors paparr then spam your factions heavy frigate.

Intriguing

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2013, 05:01:49 am »

I hope you're not talking to me specifically, as the only time we actually fought you never got past my first planet Wink. Still, it's fine if you like to play that way but just don't expect everyone to want to play with you if that's the only way you're going to play. Minmaxers got a bad rep in pretty much any game from people who just want to have fun, hell, it's like goliath spam in EiRR.

Sure, you can do it, it's not against the rules but godamn will most people hate you for it.

I also like how you're insulting people for trying to go for a non militaristic approach in a game that's designed for that.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 05:05:59 am by nikomas » Logged
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2013, 06:39:40 am »

I don't think it's as simple as that...I mean, if you are powergaming and neglect your defense you should expect that to have consequences.

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2013, 11:20:01 am »

Yeah see each gets it. If you roll the dice that you don't need military and someone exploits that it isn't their fault for being better. Yes you can win through other means then military. But I'm not going to restrict myself because you don't build military units. If you don't want to die to military aggression then build things to deter that aggression.

You want to play a 4x game and discount 3 of the 4 x's
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2013, 11:28:33 am »

Don't act stupid burn, you know as well as I do that you cant put up a half asses defence to deter "Early aggression" if the aggressor has min maxed his faction for combat efficiency, you're either going to have to 100% commit to the combat tree or you're screwed.

Exploiting someone neglecting their military and committing your race bonuses towards early rushing are two different things. You're not simply going to be able to "build some defences" given the way combat buffs work in ES (aka, absolutely fucking nuts).
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2013, 01:53:41 pm »

yes you can. Thats part of creating a faction. don't get caught with your pants down.

if you get greedy and you try something you can't hope toi pull off thats your own damn fault. You either need to be able to defend yourself, or bring something to the table thats worth more then me killing you.

People claim its boring to play against expansion gameplay. but what AmPm means is it's boring to lose. To which my response is play better.

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2013, 02:58:16 pm »

yes you can. Thats part of creating a faction. don't get caught with your pants down.

if you get greedy and you try something you can't hope toi pull off thats your own damn fault. You either need to be able to defend yourself, or bring something to the table thats worth more then me killing you.

People claim its boring to play against expansion gameplay. but what AmPm means is it's boring to lose. To which my response is play better.

See, that's the difference. Anyone can make a template that expands ultra fast. What you aren't understanding is the FUN aspect, the diplomacy, trade, development, etc. That is why we play a 4X. If it was just to kill stuff it would be a MOBA, RTS, or FPS.

You play in a manner you enjoy, that doesn't mean other people want to play that way.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2013, 07:03:11 pm »

If your playing a game that has a strong military component you had better build military. What your not understanding is that if you could survive or deter military aggression, games with me would reach those other areas. Lionel doesn't seem to have as bad a time against me.

if you want to play a 4x game without the military components then you shouldn't play a 4x game. Go play settlers of catan or something without the military aspect
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2013, 11:00:24 pm »

It sounds like burn is kicking your asses

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2013, 01:12:56 am »

It's a bit difficult to make out exactly what is going on here, cuz I've barely played this game. Might be the balance is shoddy and the only way to win against equally skilled players is by eXtermination. Might be you guys are just scrubs. Might be that burn is lame.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2013, 02:32:15 am »

The game is balanced in such a way that numbers mean virtually nohing compared to combat bonuses and tech. A fleet can only hold a relatively small number of ships and fights are isolated affairs so even if you hold a production advantage a high tech fleet can just mop up fleet after fleet of inferior ships as you cannot make a consolidated attack.

You can also stack up combat attack and defense bonuses well over 100% (double) and some racial bonuses can let you ignore colonization tech entirely, letting you focus all efforts on said military tech. So yeah, shoddy balance.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2013, 03:34:08 am »

So its essentially like hey there's all these options for you to do in game, but unless you focus on military your going to have a bad time.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2013, 09:15:26 am »

All the bonuses in game can stack to crazy levels. There are faction bonuses for colonizing everything but you take a massive penalty to both approval and FIDS in game.

It does t matter what 4x game it is. Im usually winning
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2013, 12:09:55 pm »

soundz like someone getting pwned
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc