Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 07:30:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: COH 2 haters ball  (Read 20236 times)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2013, 02:49:04 am »

The eastern front was without a doubt a confrontation between two ruthless totalitarian states with little regard for the suffering of innocents, but it's dangerous to go in and try to portray one of these sides as 'worse' than the other as that enables people to diminish or justify the acts of 'the other' side. While I think the Russians are blowing things a little out of proportion, one has to agree with their sentiment that the game is woefully historically inaccurate, sides entirely with the cliche hollywood depiction of the Eastern Front and focusses far too much on the politics of it all, the politics of just one side mind you, which is even more painful in light of the campaigns offered in its predecessor, in which absolutely no mention of politics was made, not even when you got to play the Germans.

They might have gotten away with this depiction if they would in fact also tell the story of how Russians, as a people, were facing extermination by the hands of the Axis and how ruthless Germans too were on the Eastern Front. But AFAIK no mention of that was made whatsoever. If you're going to claim your game is historically balanced and accurate, you better make sure you actually do your homework. If not, then you're better off just staying away from the politics of it all. They could have easily just told the story of a heroic Soviet division that for example held out against the Germans in Stalingrad, with the men telling eachother of stories of what is happening elsewhere in the country and with the user then being able to play out those stories.

There, I thought out a much better script that would have avoided all this and it took me like 5 minutes.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2013, 03:29:57 am »

You know what, I don't think showing how bad the Germans were is neccacery for coh2, !EVERYONE! already knows this, if it was a German campaign however that would be very different.

It was fine, certainly not worse than coh1 on the story front anyway, if you really want to complain about it THEY SHOULD FUCKING COMPLAIN ABOUT PENAL UNITS BEING SUPERIOR TO CONSCRIPTS.

Actually, even less respect was shown to the whermacht. I could say a lot but I'll leave you with this... OSTTRUPPEN IN BERLIN!

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2013, 04:29:22 am »

You know what, I don't think showing how bad the Germans were is neccacery for coh2, !EVERYONE! already knows this, if it was a German campaign however that would be very different.

It was fine, certainly not worse than coh1 on the story front anyway, if you really want to complain about it THEY SHOULD FUCKING COMPLAIN ABOUT PENAL UNITS BEING SUPERIOR TO CONSCRIPTS.

Actually, even less respect was shown to the whermacht. I could say a lot but I'll leave you with this... OSTTRUPPEN IN BERLIN!
Yeh they could have had the common decency to include volks and Hitler youth squads

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
rolcsika0128 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2013, 06:48:28 am »

I won some money on some horses and decided to buy it cos two manged to find me again, auw ye dat reunited bromance, we will pwn u and gren ufeelmyfeelbro

y u run from me to coh2? Dat tiger+ sniper starting combo of yours getting owned by an atg, a sticky rifle and a croc from me...

Btw u are safe from me there, unless these guys manage to make EiR:R 2 really good. That's the only way I'll get coh2.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2013, 06:52:12 am »

inb4 tank130 locks thread for athazagoraphobia

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2013, 06:52:33 am »

me and gren think eirr2 will rape russian sniper in open topped halftrack. but thats the only thing I've heard about in coh 2 that I predict will be hanged since commando sniper in bren carrier was so outlawed in eirr.

oh and:

"fuck winter map, cold is gay" when you host ingame Cheesy

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2013, 06:54:57 am »

y u run from me to coh2? Dat tiger+ sniper starting combo of yours getting owned by an atg, a sticky rifle and a croc from me...

Btw u are safe from me there, unless these guys manage to make EiR:R 2 really good. That's the only way I'll get coh2.

I got it so I can just randomly win $1000 tourney and errbody will be so mad cos errbody hates me on coh and they'll have to cover the game on their broadcast shit, and ill be like LOL, thx4money, and give it to EIR to ditch the wank idea of EIR2. and then drophack in the final. ufeelme.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2013, 07:24:13 am »

all from inside prison
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2013, 07:41:54 am »

I got BF3 from that shady website as well, they get the keys from russia and sell them worldwide.

can you use paypal ?
rolcsika0128 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2013, 07:46:45 am »

and then drophack in the final.

This... if you pull this off..  that'd be hilarious. Drophack in the final and get the win from the system.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2013, 08:21:34 am »

just invited jackmccrack to come and play coh 2 around 14 aug. maybe we could have like a eir community coh 2 day, where everyone is on ventrilo and getting in some automatch and some team games Cool
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2013, 09:27:26 am »

Yeah everyone knows the Germans are bad. There was an article in a newspaper about that once.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zFTK2YCBzA

nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2013, 10:02:20 am »

Yeah everyone knows the Germans are bad. There was an article in a newspaper about that once.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zFTK2YCBzA
Ahhh Man, BoB was a lot funnier than The Pacific...
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2013, 12:30:23 pm »

War tends to be funnier when you don't have to kill the enemy to the last man. And when the enemy isn't totally insane.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2013, 12:33:05 pm »

just better all around

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2013, 12:39:04 pm »

is eir2 gonna be like eirr1? i mean ya need just build coy, no base building and rest shit that original game is about

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2013, 12:44:46 pm »

EiRR 2 is going in a new direction, instead of ditching base building to focus on the combat, they're totally ditching combat to focus on the base building. You must create the most efficient forward base from which to send men that you have no vision or control over to fight the other team. Specifics on how this system will work haven't been fleshed out but the team is adamant that this new direction is for the best.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2013, 12:54:34 pm »

War tends to be funnier when you don't have to kill the enemy to the last man. And when the enemy isn't totally insane.

wait which eirr we talking about now
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2013, 12:54:40 pm »

EiRR 2 is going in a new direction, instead of ditching base building to focus on the combat, they're totally ditching combat to focus on the base building. You must create the most efficient forward base from which to send men that you have no vision or control over to fight the other team. Specifics on how this system will work haven't been fleshed out but the team is adamant that this new direction is for the best.

I loled, but no the base concept will be very similar. We more than likely will take several mechanics in a new direction (doctrines, repairing, availability, ...) though, as well as maybe offer new gamemodes and whatnot. Also, point capturing COH 2 style may quite significantly alter the way games play out too... (Think old OCP maps where you only had a small amount of small sectors in keypoints)
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2013, 12:58:54 pm »

I'd play it, with the provision of having los so I could watch MY AI troops fight the enemy, then say the opponents AI is OP.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc