Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 10:56:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EIR 2  (Read 7380 times)
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: August 11, 2013, 08:39:56 am »

Can we get to see some pics of development of eir 2. pic of new launcher forum and gameplays.

PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 09:02:53 am »

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 09:06:32 am »

Can we get to see some pics of development of eir 2. pic of new launcher forum and gameplays.

TOP SECRET

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 09:49:08 am »

Nothing secret about it guys. We do not have anything to show you yet. When we do, we will of course present it.

You will see a big difference with the production of EiR2 then EiR:R. We will not tell you jack shit unless its actually going to happen and happen in a reasonable time frame.

Until Relic allows -dev mode, you will not see anything from us. Does not mean we are not working on it, but you will not see it.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 10:01:44 am »

While it must satisfying to keep ranting out that hardline, aren't you really saying that you almost feel confident that releases will be as random as ever? :p

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 10:21:42 am »

does eirr2 will be full of scumbags and trolls as it is now in eirr1? aww i wish it was the same comunyti heuheuheu?

and if i will get ban in eirr1 does ban will count in eirr2 as well?

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 10:31:07 am »

does eirr2 will be full of scumbags and trolls as it is now in eirr1? aww i wish it was the same comunyti heuheuheu?

and if i will get ban in eirr1 does ban will count in eirr2 as well?

MY EYES ARE BLEEDING, MAKE IT GO AWAY.

Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2013, 10:52:18 am »

MY EYES ARE BLEEDING, MAKE IT GO AWAY.

yea dat germany.. we have elitegren who cant talk, now we will have baine who cant see
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 11:26:03 am »

EIRR2 Launcher will have a small wheelchair icon next to the names of the german players.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2013, 12:52:06 pm »

Hahaha, SEGA and STEAM won't allow to mod the game with DLCs. It's just unprofitable (Why I need to buy DLCs if I can play EiR 2 Tongue)
If you want to release EiR 2, you need to use hacked CoH 2, but I think, you're already doing it.

If you want to hear my ideas, then listen :

* No bloody warmap cards, until warmap is fully working (they are 99% useless)
* Hero units like in CoHO. Something like reward cards with pros and cons, but instead of bonus stats, they recive bonus abilities. For example : Recon German Sniper
+ Sprint ability, - Cannot move while in camo / cannot camo,  level 1 : Binoculars (Extends line of sight, cannot move),  level 2 : Mark target,  level 3 :  Can use camo now/ can move
* More polish units, especially CAVALRY !
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2013, 02:46:54 pm »

All this EIR2 talk, EIR:R not even finished.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2013, 04:08:00 pm »

All this EIR2 talk, EIR:R not even finished.

Yes it is. What more were you expecting?

Sure a few balance tweaks and fix the broken part of the Warmap, but what else were you expecting to see here?
MissileJoe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2013, 05:38:58 pm »

Completly working airborne?
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2013, 05:49:51 pm »

Completly working airborne?

So some of our ideas were alittle too ambitious for our coding staff. Nothing we can do about that.

If I remove the description from the launcher, we can pretend that it never existed in the first place and Wham bam thank you mam, completed airborne.  Cool

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2013, 06:46:53 pm »

Well there you go tank you came up with two points as to why its not finished.

Most of the doctrines still have "not yet implimented " on abilities.
Perhaps remove those that are "too ambitious" and replace with something more feasible.

But as stated it would be nice to get the mod in a state of autonomy
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2013, 08:49:48 pm »

Well there you go tank you came up with two points as to why its not finished.

War Map patch is expected in the next few days, Let's see how many people actually come back to play (for more then a week)

Balance will never be considered complete - ever. It is influenced by the meta game, so it will never be balanced to everyone's satisfaction. In fact many people still QQ that vCoH is not balanced, yet I think we can all agree that game is complete  Wink

Most of the doctrines still have "not yet implimented " on abilities.
Perhaps remove those that are "too ambitious" and replace with something more feasible.

Out of 144 doctrines abilities, how many are not working as intended?

We are open to your suggestions that are both codable with our current talent pool and are universally accepted by the entire community as being balanced against the same tier across all four factions. In fact, if you can do that successfully for all non working doctrine abilities, you will have a position on our development team for EiR2

But as stated it would be nice to get the mod in a state of autonomy

And then what.......... the entire community would come back and play it all the time and be content?

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2013, 10:58:48 pm »

Balance will never be considered complete - ever. It is influenced by the meta game, so it will never be balanced to everyone's satisfaction. In fact many people still QQ that vCoH is not balanced, yet I think we can all agree that game is complete  Wink

Oh tank the amount of ignorance in that post is just astounding.

Please stop trying to PR, you make the modding community a sadder place. A meta game doesn't make things necessarily unbalanced. Lack of balancing unit strength to unit cost in a vanilla environment prior to the addition of a variable upgrade structure based on a different system other then the initial tier based made the games balance skewed.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 11:02:28 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2013, 06:28:37 am »

Oh tank the amount of ignorance in that post is just astounding.

Please stop trying to PR, you make the modding community a sadder place. A meta game doesn't make things necessarily unbalanced. Lack of balancing unit strength to unit cost in a vanilla environment prior to the addition of a variable upgrade structure based on a different system other then the initial tier based made the games balance skewed.

No, tank is right. He should have elaborated, but the reason for why we say our balance is subjective and will never be acceptable is because EIRR is designed around a group of flawed principles. For the very reasons you described, it will never be balanced.

When tank says "meta game" he is speaking about free buffs given from doctrines that throw balance out the window. Metagame, being the collective choices of player interaction, unlocks chosen, doctrines unlocked, company composition and consensus of vet.

If none of these factors have a cost (ps. they do not except for unit unlocks) then we are always trying to play "catch up" in balancing the new flavor of the month, or whatever exploit you guys find in the system to gain an unfair edge over others.

EIRR is fundamentally broken at a base level and can never be fully balanced appropriately in the state that it is in.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2013, 07:22:46 am »

Ground is completely right. Since the inception of doctrines, the "meta game" is not heavily influenced by "vanilla" units as you have suggested Spartan. Hence why I thought it was a no brainier calling it the meta game.

If having to state the most obvious no brainier information known in the community is considered :ignorant, then I guess I am guilty as charged  Wink

Completely dismantling our system and rebuilding it from scratch to include costs for doctrines is never going to happen. It is simply too much investment in a 7 year old mod that has lost it's shine.

However, that knowledge is not just lost & forgotten. It has already been used in Eir2 where we have started designing a structure that includes resource costs for doctrine abilities. This way we are able to create powerful & cool abilities with an associated cost to balance them with.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2013, 07:54:10 am »

I feel like the father of EIRR2's most important change/feature.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc