Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 12:27:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WOT IS SO DEAD  (Read 20728 times)
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« on: October 04, 2013, 11:03:25 am »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=foTmS4omfoE

Seriously, now that looks like a tank combat game  Wink

DAT STUG
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 11:09:41 am by nikomas » Logged

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 11:12:02 am »

I wants now!

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 11:15:20 am »

Does look good.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 11:17:32 am »

I was just watching this.......

I WANT MAH TANKS NOW

Bit hard when its flaunted infront of you as a  broken reward piece of ass you'll never get to shag with.
Current Vets:

DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 03:56:39 pm »

I am a bit disappointed in arcade mode, I was hoping for a preview of FRB, but it looks like they dont have interiors done. Because what fun is realistic tank damage models with a very simplified spotting and aiming system?

And no, WOT is far from dead.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 05:18:56 pm »

It's just something WT players like to yell every patch Tongue

Still, even arcade looks way better than WoT, and that's good enough for me until we get to se the HB/FRB tank equivalents. Basically, it doesn't look like they fucked it up, that's always a good sigh (artillery strikes aside).
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 05:48:29 pm »

Needs more english

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 09:49:00 pm »

I am a bit disappointed in arcade mode, I was hoping for a preview of FRB, but it looks like they dont have interiors done. Because what fun is realistic tank damage models with a very simplified spotting and aiming system?

1. GF is alpha

2. They don't even have bomber interiors done yet.

game is always being updated. Just don't hold your breath for Jap single engine fighters
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 10:09:27 pm »

Still, even arcade looks way better than WoT,
This is one bit that I don't really understand. Lots of WT fans are saying that the current alpha arcade GFs are better than WoT when it appears to lack good gameplay at its core, and also lacks the polish of WoT.

I don't mean to hate on WT, but I like to look at the facts. I see a great future for ground forces in war thunder, but what we seen so far needs changes at its core in order for it to reach its true potential.

On the other hand on the whole WT vs WoWP ordeal, it seems very likely that WoWP will die long before WT airplanes do.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2013, 10:43:11 pm »

WoT has terrible gameplay, dear god. The mechanics are so terrible.

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 11:45:51 pm »

This is one bit that I don't really understand. Lots of WT fans are saying that the current alpha arcade GFs are better than WoT when it appears to lack good gameplay at its core, and also lacks the polish of WoT.

I don't mean to hate on WT, but I like to look at the facts. I see a great future for ground forces in war thunder, but what we seen so far needs changes at its core in order for it to reach its true potential.

On the other hand on the whole WT vs WoWP ordeal, it seems very likely that WoWP will die long before WT airplanes do.

But as warthunder ground forces and warthunder planes are the exact same game your argument is heavily flawed.

The same great mechanics and engine that makes WT so much better then WoWP is the heart and soul of the one that is in WT GF.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2013, 02:11:21 am »

I think the biggest misconception with games like this is the tier system.

People have trouble getting passed tanks going against tanks that may have not existed in their tanks specific time period.
or the numerous blueprint tanks that fill the trees.

Also the armor mechanic is rather indepth then the garage screens would have you believe
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2013, 02:29:35 pm »

But as warthunder ground forces and warthunder planes are the exact same game your argument is heavily flawed.

The same great mechanics and engine that makes WT so much better then WoWP is the heart and soul of the one that is in WT GF.
I don't see how WT being one game makes my argument heavily flawed. I said what we currently have seen about WT ground forces is bad, not that WT was bad.

They may be the same game, but its not even close to the same gameplay.

WoT has terrible gameplay, dear god. The mechanics are so terrible.
Yet WT copied half the mechanics. And added planes that the tanks currently can't fight back against yet. Or at least that's what we have seen from arcade.

Please stop attacking me fanboys, I love WT planes too. I'd like to be unbiased about this though.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2013, 04:08:24 pm »

I don't see how WT being one game makes my argument heavily flawed. I said what we currently have seen about WT ground forces is bad, not that WT was bad.

They may be the same game, but its not even close to the same gameplay.
Yet WT copied half the mechanics. And added planes that the tanks currently can't fight back against yet. Or at least that's what we have seen from arcade.

Please stop attacking me fanboys, I love WT planes too. I'd like to be unbiased about this though.

Tanks don't fight planes.....it's pretty simple.

Until the mobile AA platforms come in anyway.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2013, 07:16:31 pm »

See, a quad 20mm AA vehicle might make a sktuka thing wrice about coming tright at it, since it had to go i n a prehtetyy straight linge to bomb itt
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2013, 08:01:56 pm »

Umm, Gaijin has been making wargames a lot longer then wargaming has.

Its sad that you call it "fanboys attacking you" when people point out the gaping holes in your argument.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2013, 11:02:02 pm »

Umm, Gaijin has been making wargames a lot longer then wargaming has.

Its sad that you call it "fanboys attacking you" when people point out the gaping holes in your argument.
The amount of time Gajin has been making wargames is irrelevant. What I am pointing out is the clear imitation of some features that WoT has. Not that copying is bad, its pretty hard to be original these days, but in this case some people are saying WoT is bad and the current ground forces alpha is far better.

There is no gaping whole in my argument. Your using some sort of fake argument that makes no sense to what I am talking about. They are two different gameplay experiences, a good air combat experience is irrelevant when you are comparing two different tank gameplay experiences.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2013, 04:32:29 am »

Then whats your point? It's not like WoT made up a lot of the features were the tank combat is concerned, go check out some of those older arcade tank combat games and you'll see similar shit, it's simply how you do tanks.

See, a quad 20mm AA vehicle might make a sktuka thing wrice about coming tright at it, since it had to go i n a prehtetyy straight linge to bomb itt

Also, I don't recall writing that... lol
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2013, 09:53:02 pm »

Name one tank in history that has had adequate anti air defence ?
Tanks fight tanks not aircraft.

Im still terribly, terribly intrigued as to how the balance between land ,sea and air will pan out.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2013, 10:49:38 pm »

Name one tank in history that has had adequate anti air defence ?
Tanks fight tanks not aircraft.

Im still terribly, terribly intrigued as to how the balance between land ,sea and air will pan out.

Wirblewind Grin

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc