Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 10:32:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: COH 2 is not bad.  (Read 21342 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« on: October 28, 2013, 06:31:42 am »

Just play a bit more and look at the game itself instead of confining your opinion to what EIR and CoH 1 was.

I'm dissapointed that the only persons playing coh 2 to my knowledge is elitegren, evilnrg and loki.

You have me on steam. I'm also playing crazy amounts of dota 2 these days. 
I miss a lot of you, and want to keep dat hollah alive.

See you soon, hopefully.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 06:46:21 am »

itll be the worst game in existence till they allow -dev mode
GG

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 07:13:28 am »

Lol
I play so does a lot of other ppl, dont know why you aint seen us ^^

besides i dont have you on steam so give me a ring when u do ^^

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 08:58:21 am »

im smokazcoh on steam, add me
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 09:13:06 am »

its a bot, its a trap, dont add him, once i added him and i got so many viruses

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 09:13:49 am »

I've played a bunch of it... Vcoh is still simply more fun to play imho.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
IJustDontCare Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 11:46:01 am »

its been 300 days since you've been on steam

BoDyBaG2224TLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 02:19:00 pm »

its been 300 days since you've been without shoes

TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 09:51:43 pm »

Coh2 is a fine game if you like launching lolz rockets ever 2.4 seconds and watching cartoonish explosions.

Maybe when they get zoom mod it will be ok.

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
TheArea Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, 01:34:34 pm »

I don't get it.  Why settle for less? When EiR is better, it's not perfect, but it beats CoH2. 
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2013, 04:33:14 pm »

It's not a continuation of the series. Starcraft 2 and Dota 2 are good sequels because they retain the same award winning gameplay mechanics with improvements mainly to graphics, general useability and options. Only small improvements to gameplay complemented with extensive testing and a very careful approach to adding or changing features. EIR, despite being a different gamemode with more content, customization and improvements, has great gameplay because it retains most of core gameplay mechanics from COH1.

COH2 is more like HOMM4. Both their predecessors are considered two of the best strategy titles every made. But the developers become too ambitious and want to change too much. Always thinking "this will be cool to add". The result is a few improvements and then a dozen features that don't work because there are too many unforeseen consequences of changing so many core aspects of the game. Resulting in some crazy spinoff with poor features and gameplay.

Sequels that don't have anything in common with the original except for the general theme are usually not well received. Why start from scrap when you already have a great game? Why watch the Star Wars prequel series when the original series is better?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 04:36:27 pm by PonySlaystation » Logged

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2013, 04:52:03 pm »

It is literally exactly the same as the first game with cold weather and a better sight system, and some current and fixable balance issues. What crack are you smoking?

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 05:03:13 pm »

When will people learn regarding pony's opinions and actually reading them...
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 05:36:40 pm »

I did actually read them, and I just read them again. He still sounds like he's on crack, because the core thesis there, that CoH2 is bad because it doesn't retain core aspects of the series, is blatantly untrue for the reasons I stated.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2013, 06:38:00 pm »

The only good thing to come out of coh2 is the truesight system,
which mind you was actually done back in DOW1 in the TTRU  mod iirc.

That feature is hardly worth getting the game.
yes its great that it's the eastern front this time I personally enjoyed the change in locale but its just too far gone from the original gameplay wise.
its not cohs sequel but rather its ugly sister your forced to let hang with you because her parents called your parents.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2013, 02:20:02 am »

its ugly sister your forced to let hang with you because her parents called your parents.

Australians..
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2013, 06:29:14 am »

It is literally exactly the same as the first game with cold weather and a better sight system, and some current and fixable balance issues. What crack are you smoking?

The number of new and changed features are numerous: new engine, new resource system, new capturing points system, new tiers, new doctrine system, new unit deployment system, new cover system, new building system, new movement, tank and weapon physics, new defences, countless new abilities for every unit, new damage and hit system, new terrain, DLC doctrines, pre game unit buffs, new UI, new map designs, new cartoon graphics, new suppression system, radically new map designs with smaller maps, fewer capture points etc, radically new unit changes like flamethrowers in halftracks, two man sniper teams in halftracks, six man mortar squads etc.

All this is way too much if you want to retain the same award winning gameplay. Just changing the defences so that you can't place regular mines, barbed wire and sand bags properly is a terrible idea or changing all the resouce points to convey the same resouce and having fewer capture points, it all makes it feels like dumbed down console version of the game and these are of course small changes. There are bigger changes which completely fuck up the gameplay.

Hell, I would love to have a list of what they didn't change, the WW2 theme? maybe in the next COH they will change that too.

My biggest gripe with the game is how all the battles feel like they are small scale, there is little back and fourth fighting. There is no fighting over haybales and building defenses and flanking or moving your MG up to attack because it's always small skirmishes and weather just slows down the fluid gameplay and restricts movement and where battles can take place, like water and shallow water, but it could also be because they haven't made a single decent map. The map design is awful, all maps are like The Scheldt 2.0. Only when they ported over Langres did it look like the game had some potential and for this reason I will give it another shot.
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2013, 08:22:15 am »

Coh2 same gameplay as Coh1. (build base, go out and fight/cap, retreat, reinforce, go out again to cap/fight, retreat, reinforce... rinse repeat)
If you still like the coh1 gameplay then ull prolly enjoy coh2 as well.
If not then no need to buy it and just stick to EIR/OMG.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 08:24:05 am by skaffa » Logged

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2013, 08:45:38 am »

Coh2 same gameplay as Coh1. (build base, go out and fight/cap, retreat, reinforce, go out again to cap/fight, retreat, reinforce... rinse repeat)
If you still like the coh1 gameplay then ull prolly enjoy coh2 as well.
If not then no need to buy it and just stick to EIR/OMG.
nah bru, see COH2 apparently they removed the base building aspect from COH. They did this revolutionary new feature where units arrive off map via an entry point.
Kinda like oh I dunno EIR does! weird right.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2013, 09:20:16 am »

nah bru, see COH2 apparently they removed the base building aspect from COH. They did this revolutionary new feature where units arrive off map via an entry point.
Kinda like oh I dunno EIR does! weird right.

Uh, the base building is still there.

I still wonder if you even played coh 2.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc