Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:15:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick rgd patch suggestions.  (Read 27493 times)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2013, 05:44:53 pm »

So your just copying OMG mod?

Last time I checked OMG mod had Tier 1 doctrines and that's it - I fail to see why you would make this kind of statement......

But if that's how you see it, whatever. We see an issue with being unable to balance free doctrine abilities and making them meaningful at the same time. If that is something OMG mod has successfully completed, then great, I guess you can claim we are copying them.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2013, 05:54:18 pm »

Last time I checked OMG mod had Tier 1 doctrines and that's it - I fail to see why you would make this kind of statement......

OMG mod has been using a cost system for upgrades for as long as i can remember.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2013, 06:30:58 pm »

OMG mod has been using a cost system for upgrades for as long as i can remember.

Alright then, if they have that's great. But why would you make a comment like "so you are just copying OMG mod"?

Does that mean if we do anything that anyone else may have a similar concept we are copying? So we should NOT have a cost associated to doctrines because OMG mod may have something similar and we would be accused of copying?

Kind of a dumbass conflict provoking comment IMO........

Anyway, we are not "copying" anyone. We are adding a cost to doctrines. Float your boat as you see fit.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2013, 07:09:24 pm »

Wait wait your adding a cost to off maps, so your copying vcoh
?

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2013, 08:13:54 pm »

Spartan, eventually we are just going to run out of ideas to try. Why dance around the bush when obviously that is the answer to the problems we have? We have constantly circled back to it and in an attempt to keep things consistant, not implemented it and we end up snowballing into other problems.

Things need to cost resources in order for them to be balanced. We are not copying anyone and even if we make that kind of vague connection, who cares.  No one can copyright "costs for doctrines." If it works, it works.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2013, 09:04:49 pm »

- Community cries for more transparency
- Dev team shares its ideas
- Community complains about copying other mods
- Dev team stops being transparent

Profit?
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2013, 09:13:32 pm »

- Spartan_Marine88 complains about copying other mods

Profit?
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2013, 11:30:13 pm »

Looks like, tank wants that mod dead Cheesy

terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2013, 12:10:39 am »

- One member of community complains about copying other mods
- Tank rages
- Mod stays in coma
Profit?

Bit hard when its flaunted infront of you as a  broken reward piece of ass you'll never get to shag with.
Current Vets:

nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2013, 12:16:31 am »

More like...

- One member of community complains about copying other mods
- Tank is understandably annoyed by crybabies
- Other crew members start making "Funny" remarks about tank for the lulz
- Dev team stops being transparent because, seriously, why bother?
- Community invokes goldfish level memory span and cries for more transparency

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2013, 12:23:40 am »

- Community complains about copying other mods

Profit?

ohgodwhy.jpeg

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2013, 12:40:27 am »

More like...

- Community shares its ideas
- One member of community (Spartan) complains about copying other mods
- Tank is understandably annoyed by said community member (Plural form is for multiple people Niko, only Spartan was complaining about copying)
- Other community members point out that its only Spartan
- Most of the Community stops playing/donating
- Dev team begs for donations

I am starting to come to the realization that Smokaz was correct with what he stated in the server closure thread.

The combination of the unfortunate injuries sustained by EIRRMod, the inability of the Dev team to work on the mod because of time constraints/other commitments (which I understand can be difficult), and disloyal RGD coders has left the mod in a coma. Plus the fact that the Dev team has utter contempt for the community, which is then reciprocated by the community just leaves things in a even more dire state.

Better off just having a funeral for EIRR while remembering the past fun memories this mod gave us.

nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2013, 01:23:50 am »

Terrapin, I put about as much effort into that post as most people here do in sounding like reasonable people, why'd you have to go lingo nazi on it for? Smiley

Also, you're a bit off there... It's not as much of a dev vs. community thing as it is a battle royale about here, I think I can count the people who actually try to act nice to each other on one hand!
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2013, 08:16:20 am »

well as for Smokaz i wish him the best luck, but if he dont want to play EIR:R well its his choice but since when mods being closed cuz 1 players decided stop playing it and asked funeral for mod? Still there are a lot of people who enjoys game a lot tbfh.

As for comunyti i remember days when there were like 40+ players in launcher after warmap release. It lasted few days and was funny to watch that at that amount of players game were not generated so fast as u could expect. Why? Cuz of those little shits who prefers sit in launcher for a chance get an easy game. Look at the names who cry on forums. Same QQers in launche same QQers on forums If u have an isues with a mod so leave them for urself tbfh.

Any RGD patch is very welcome as i said in my previous posts i have a lot of guys in steam, they r old players, they still here just waiting for a patch as a reason to come back. Nobody is gone. After patch all will be cool as it used to be for a short moment while devs will release more patches.

Devs took break cuz they got bored? Great. But they r planning make some moves now? Great. We all should apreciate dat  work they provide for our free entertainment. For QQers: enjoy a game or gtfo with ya lame posts

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2013, 08:24:14 am »

well as for Smokaz i wish him the best luck, but if he dont want to play EIR:R well its his choice but since when mods being closed cuz 1 players decided stop playing it and asked funeral for mod? Still there are a lot of people who enjoys game a lot tbfh.

As for comunyti i remember days when there were like 40+ players in launcher after warmap release. It lasted few days and was funny to watch that at that amount of players game were not generated so fast as u could expect. Why? Cuz of those little shits who prefers sit in launcher for a chance get an easy game. Look at the names who cry on forums. Same QQers in launche same QQers on forums If u have an isues with a mod so leave them for urself tbfh.

Any RGD patch is very welcome as i said in my previous posts i have a lot of guys in steam, they r old players, they still here just waiting for a patch as a reason to come back. Nobody is gone. After patch all will be cool as it used to be for a short moment while devs will release more patches.

Devs took break cuz they got bored? Great. But they r planning make some moves now? Great. We all should apreciate dat  work they provide for our free entertainment. For QQers: enjoy a game or gtfo with ya lame posts
TL;DR
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2013, 10:08:31 am »

Looks like, tank wants that mod dead Cheesy

Nope, not at all. But here's how we feel:

We took a break because frankly, we were just sick of working on it and the negativity by a very vocal minority of the community. It takes thick skin to be on the Dev team, but lets be honest, after 2 or 3 years, the skin gets thinner.

We took a break and then decided hey, lets see if we can get something going again. The very first time one of us posts some ideas for the future expansion, we get accused of copying another mod - yup, less then a week back and the insults start back up.

Now we have the tank130 insults starting back up again as well -nice, I feel so motivated!
To be honest, the only people that suffer from the negativity and personal insults are the people who truly want to play the mod, because it just makes us stop giving a shit.

We were actually getting excited about working on the mod again. In just a few short posts - not so much. Good luck with that.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2013, 10:15:14 am »

Nope, not at all. But here's how we feel:

We took a break because frankly, we were just sick of working on it and the negativity by a very vocal minority of the community. It takes thick skin to be on the Dev team, but lets be honest, after 2 or 3 years, the skin gets thinner.

We took a break and then decided hey, lets see if we can get something going again. The very first time one of us posts some ideas for the future expansion, we get accused of copying another mod - yup, less then a week back and the insults start back up.

Now we have the tank130 insults starting back up again as well -nice, I feel so motivated!
To be honest, the only people that suffer from the negativity and personal insults are the people who truly want to play the mod, because it just makes us stop giving a shit.

We were actually getting excited about working on the mod again. In just a few short posts - not so much. Good luck with that.

If you're not playing, it's obvious you have no motivation Tongue
terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2013, 10:56:54 am »

why'd you have to go lingo nazi on it for? Smiley

Because Grammar Nazi Wink

This is understandable, I would get tired as well. Though, Tank clearly overreacted to Spartan (I don't think any one of those posts after Spartan's actually insulted, maybe made a bit of fun but if you can't take a bit of criticism that's another issue). A RGD patch would be very nice and would give me the motivation to play again, but as I stated in my other post, the chances of that seem to be quite low so what Smokaz suggested would be wise to take.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2013, 11:10:48 am »

+1 I'm waiting for something.

To be fair, what chews EIRR mostly is stagnation. We have now warmap, it is good, although it is hard to stay perfectly motivated for it. Its not that it doesn't reward you enough, I think what might chew its potential off is trading. Just like in TF2, if I want something I go trade for it and get it without much of a effort (aside of trade hassles) it might chew some charm off. Trade in Ruins.

Also, ah the doctrines. offers interesting combinations but nothing to specialize into. Some do offer specializations, some do not and are just general overall buffs. I do have to say that it does leave a little bit of bad taste in mouth after you get to test most of the fun things. Now, what is left though, is a lot of potential, but also a lot of room for improvement. Majority of population is waiting for something new (me included) and thus we are sitting and waiting like hungry dogs to be fed new things. New units don't cut for it, they are like cherries ontop of a creampie, they get devoured quickly. Something explosive that thunders the very foundation of EIRR will attract people from other games to flock EIRR again.

Until then, well, we're waiting entertainment!

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2013, 07:05:21 pm »

make it mass grave and then throw the lithuanians in it

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc