Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 10:33:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.7.9.Z.8 Patch Notes  (Read 18387 times)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2014, 02:41:09 pm »

Do the changes still have to be approved by the SDT?

Interesting.... why do you ask. Does it really matter to the players or do you have a point to make?

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2014, 03:39:33 pm »

Alright guys, due to numerious unexplained random crashes this patch is going to get reuploaded. Any change labled "Scar" in the patchlog is going to be taken out for now. In effect this means that the Halftrack, Timer and Airdrop Scatter/smoke fixes will be taken out for now.

Additionally, there was another error when the files were uploaded. As far as I can tell no attrib files were actually patched and most of that patchlog has not been applied yet. It will be re-patched in an hour hopefully and should be working.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2014, 03:49:23 pm »

NO... that was the problem.

First of all, it would take weeks of discussion on the team for every change whether it was big or little. In most cases, every member of the team has their own opinion, so you get a shit load of back and forth. I am not saying that is bad, but it results in weeks to get decisions made.

The second problem is much simpler. This is just a mod, not a multi million dollar game office with a dozen full time employees play testing the changes. At best it is 4 or 5 guys on the BT, all in different time zones. It is just physically impossible to get then into a game to play test.

Also keep in mind that a lot of balance issues do not come up until someone puts the right combinations together and then it becomes glaringly obvious. Some things are obvious right away, but like Eirrmod said, sorry we are human and we fuck up.

We have been using a balance team for several years now. As many people like to point out, the balance is not fixed (it will never be, but that's a different conversation). So we are going with this approach.

Just to clarify - the lack of balance or the time it takes to get it done is not the fault of the balance team members. It is the process that fails, not the people.

Ya, I understood your explanation as to why it has shifted to a more unilateral approach to balance changes and I am not really complaining about that.  I certainly understood the advantages from the get go.  I was curious if these changes Hicks is deciding are still being QA-ed in sandbox before being put into production by devs.

If the active community is being tasked to do the testing in the meta so be it.  I understand that in the end this is probably the most effective way to do testing given the limited time and availability of the dev team.  Though, I can see why the community would complain about the initial problems that may arise from balance changes if they still believed these things were being initially QA-ed.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2014, 04:09:56 pm »

Why not just invite more ppl to the balance sandbox games.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2014, 05:09:52 pm »

Interesting.... why do you ask. Does it really matter to the players or do you have a point to make?

Its another possible delaying factor if you have to wait for a few devs to give their 'ok'. This approval beforehand is imo not needed because it can just as easily be done after patch is released.
If so, seeing as Patchuploadguy alrdy said he could patch every day,  patches will be solely depended on how active BTguy and RGDguy are.
Good news for EIR and this should give eir lots of patches fast, it just depends on how active BTguy n RGDguy are. Its up to them now, do ur thang gogo!

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2014, 05:20:57 pm »

Its another possible delaying factor if you have to wait for a few devs to give their 'ok'. This approval beforehand is imo not needed because it can just as easily be done after patch is released.
If so, seeing as Patchuploadguy alrdy said he could patch every day,  patches will be solely depended on how active BTguy and RGDguy are.
Good news for EIR and this should give eir lots of patches fast, it just depends on how active BTguy n RGDguy are. Its up to them now, do ur thang gogo!

and if it really does take 15-20 minutes a day for a small rgd patch could bomb them out pretty frequently hell you could code for  5 minutes a day
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2014, 07:10:02 pm »

and if it really does take 15-20 minutes a day for a small rgd patch could bomb them out pretty frequently hell you could code for  5 minutes a day

If coding everyday was really that interesting to you. Or you didn't want to spend that 15 minutes coding, but play some more game instead. We need to keep in ind that this is still volunteer work and a hobby......

I think many people in this community tend to forget this is really just a hobby, not a job.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2014, 07:39:04 pm »

If coding everyday was really that interesting to you. Or you didn't want to spend that 15 minutes coding, but play some more game instead. We need to keep in ind that this is still volunteer work and a hobby......

I think many people in this community tend to forget this is really just a hobby, not a job.

Doesnt seem like a lot of time. if i can make 1 shoutcast a week(given a good replay) it doesnt seem like so so much to spend 15 minutes a week. Oh well

« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 08:45:47 pm by aeroblade56 » Logged
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2014, 07:49:51 pm »

I spend 15 minutes reading your shit every day and it doesn't really interest me.

don't get me wrong, coding takes much longer than 15 minutes.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2014, 11:16:21 pm »

It should be fixed and work now, good night eveyone!

*Passes out on floor*
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2014, 01:23:53 am »

In short - we are trying, and if we waste time or not, ultimately - we are attempting to get a good balance to everything.

If its UP to OP and back again, that should (statistically) settle down after a while, until its small tweaks (which, I do agree, should be tried first).

I have some plans on how our future patching/balancing/bug reporting will work in the future - but it will require a community that is prepared to report bugs and suggest balance in an ADULT manner.  (I shall reveal later! Muahahaha)

And... Locked thread.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc