Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 12:38:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PE]Wirble  (Read 5176 times)
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« on: January 18, 2014, 08:24:20 pm »

This unit is unreliable, Its only upside of being able to suppress and and kill enemy infantry but even that is made inconsistent with its long reload and cooldown.
ontop of that with its tank like speed and rotation having 400hp makes it an easy target to anything that can kill tanks.
it used to be reasonable as a support unit when it was with the middle t4 when it granted it 33% more health boosting it from 400 to 532 but even then bumping into anything that is supported by anything stronger than a grayhound would spell it doom.
Atleast if you guys arent going to do anything to it give it a hold fire button so you arent spending it on something you dont care for it to fire on.

even tough its an carbon copy of the ostwind exept for the gun atleast the ostwind has the upside of being able to fight light vehicles or be able to kite infantry to a reasonable extent.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 08:28:25 pm by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 08:40:43 pm »

Its usually its own worst enemy,
If and when it supresses inf they take way less dmg thus increasing the time it has to be on station to get kills.

Its another example of a forgotton unit that needs a look at.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 01:13:32 am »

The Answer is Simple.

Do we remove suppression and make it a infantry killer? Do we keep suppression to keep it as a mobile tier 3 expensive machinegun?

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 01:40:54 am »

Unless I'm completely mistaken the quad mounted autocannons on the wirbelwind share the same ancestor as the 2cm/L55 on the puma/armored car. Now I don't want to be lynched but if we wanted a more radical suggestion I think the idea of rebasing the wirbelwind gun around a fast firing variant of the puma/ac gun could have merit. Personally I think the current "Super Quad" tracers are probably the worst looking tracers in the game and it's almost impossible to tell if the thing is actually hitting or not, as far as I can tell they're useless.

I'm not saying the gun should be similar to the puma statistically, but it would be nice to cut down the rounds to a number that you can actually visable instead of what looks like a barf of tracers. They're certainly not machineguns in the traditional sense anyway.

As an anecdote, realistically, while the wirbelwind guns fired at machinegun rates and the current firing speed isn't exactly wrong... Well, What is wrong however is that it would be high explosives if loaded for AA, In other words, a quad machinegunlike autocannon firing 20mm high explosive rounds. Luckily we dont balance on realism. On that note, the PzII actually carried a similar gun to the puma yet our two guns in game are quite far apart, that's kinda inconsistent...

Edit: After further research/fact checking it seems indeed that the KwK variants the PzII/Puma/AC carries is a derivative of the Flak weapon the wirbel/verling carries and in our case here it would be the Flak 38. Unless I'm mistaken the Flak 38 fired faster than the KwK 38 but otherwise they were practically the same weapon.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 04:15:55 am by nikomas » Logged

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 04:20:46 am »

Super Quad. I can imagine it. A Wirblewind rolling to field firing as effectively as 4 pumas combined. That dakka. I wonder if Wirble's effectiveness would be improved if it didn't suppress its targets? I mean it wont lose accuracy at targets and thus can constantly fire at them.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 04:25:01 am »

Personally I think the current "Super Quad" tracers are probably the worst looking tracers in the game and it's almost impossible to tell if the thing is actually hitting or not, as far as I can tell they're useless.

I'm not saying the gun should be similar to the puma statistically, but it would be nice to cut down the rounds to a number that you can actually visable instead of what looks like a barf of tracers. They're certainly not machineguns in the traditional sense anyway.

It would be pretty easy to change the FX for that I'm sure.

Well, it should be a simple rgd change if i recall correctly... although i've been wrong before
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 04:30:08 am »

Yeah, it would be an easy change unless I'm entierly mistaken, I'm going to try this later today and see how it turns out. Even if it's never used it would make for pretty screenshots! If anyone has trouble imagining it, it would likely look like a puma/ac with 4x the fire rate Wink. Obviously it can't actually do 4x puma damage, that would be retarded, but looks do matter!

Scots, a lot of things (As you know) can be easy rgd changes... It's often figuring out (or remember) what to change exactly that can take a lot of time, and some things while simple can be downright time consuming Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 04:31:54 am by nikomas » Logged
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 04:32:10 am »

Obviously it can't actually do 4x puma damage, that would be retarded, but looks do matter!

Behold the doomsday device that makes Maus look retarded and Infantry companies nightmare that makes their commanders wake up sweaty and sell their bars and vehicles to get more anti tank guns just incase....
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 06:23:24 am »

the wirbel is not the problem, especially in lockdown.

The problem is the amount of smoke on everything. People need to understand that smoke nades, smoke fire up, RRs+ mortar smoke IS NOT skill or combined arms.

The Wirbelwind got no chance against that smoke on everything.
(btw in lockdown it deals instant suppression)

I don't know Wind, that whole 21 virgins thing kinda peaked my interest a little .......
From fucking kids to fucking christ, jesus heartmann. Just stop already you filthy monster, you are only making it worse
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 07:12:05 am »

After using all the smoke grenades, inf should get the cancer and die

Wirble is good anti-inf weapon and best anti-air. Smoke is just a way too OP

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2014, 09:03:04 am »

I was actually more thinking about buffing its speed and surivabilty than to actually buff the weapon, the weapon itself serves its function well enough in the supression department but if you guys want to make it into a puma be my guest, im gonna love to abuse that.
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 11:51:09 am »

I was actually more thinking about buffing its speed and surivabilty

+1
Ive tried this unit many times and its just too slow n fragile to be effective.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 01:34:47 pm »

After using all the smoke grenades, inf should get the cancer and die

Wirble is good anti-inf weapon and best anti-air. Smoke is just a way too OP
the wirbel is not the problem, especially in lockdown.

The problem is the amount of smoke on everything. People need to understand that smoke nades, smoke fire up, RRs+ mortar smoke IS NOT skill or combined arms.

The Wirbelwind got no chance against that smoke on everything.
(btw in lockdown it deals instant suppression)

Devedit: unrelated pic removed

Get your stupidity out of this thread please.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 02:11:05 pm by tank130 » Logged
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2014, 05:12:03 pm »

Tbh we need to do the same thing to the crusader dual 20mm's.
Having the quad tracers just makes it seem far better then it actually is.

Course theyd both have scaled dmg and acc but having 20mm dmg would be a great plus for these units
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2014, 05:13:48 pm »

Tbh we need to do the same thing to the crusader dual 20mm's.
Having the quad tracers just makes it seem far better then it actually is.

Course theyd both have scaled dmg and acc but having 20mm dmg would be a great plus for these units
I was actually toying around with this today but as far as I can tell the model needs to have settings adjusted in the model editor to make the tracers show.

The original model was setup for quad mg's.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 05:19:23 pm by nikomas » Logged
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2014, 05:31:03 pm »

I was actually toying around with this today but as far as I can tell the model needs to have settings adjusted in the model editor to make the tracers show.

The original model was setup for quad mg's.
ill have to double check but the crusader mk1 "AA" from the europe at war mod was set up for 20mms iirc
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2014, 05:50:29 pm »

ill have to double check but the crusader mk1 "AA" from the europe at war mod was set up for 20mms iirc
Then they probably did that on their own, the model we had was with the mg's from the start.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2014, 06:48:19 pm »

Scots, a lot of things (As you know) can be easy rgd changes... It's often figuring out (or remember) what to change exactly that can take a lot of time, and some things while simple can be downright time consuming Cheesy

oh gawd my hands are clammy even thinking about opening another RGD.

Anyway, it should be under the weapon, in weapon hard points. Then just link it to another FX

Problem is, i don't knw if the tracers from all 4 guns are in one FX file, or if they are 4 separate ones tied to each barrel marker named the same.

Nope, can't do this!

Good luck bro Tongue
omgNiko Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2014, 08:55:46 am »

« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 12:10:00 pm by omgNiko » Logged
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2014, 09:19:57 am »

also think about the wirbel's dynamics when using 2 together or more if they're buffed; a pop increase along with buffs would make it like an IST.

Except more shit cause it loses to light vehicles.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc