Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 08:32:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Disabled Doctrines - Balance Test  (Read 9280 times)
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2014, 04:08:29 am »

Well, if you cannot micro, that's your problem, not the problem of the game

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2014, 08:38:24 am »

XIIcorps & GrayWolf , please read the balance forum rules.

Please knock it off with the personnel attacks and stick to facts.

Just to clarify the officer change: Officers were never designed to pick up multiple weapons. The Dev team changing their design to a multiple unit squad created an unintended ability to pick up  multiple weapons. This was more of a bug then anything else.

Officers are designed as a support unit.

also, if they are a support unit, they should take up support pool, not infantry pool.
This is probably a good point.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
mrshark Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2014, 11:49:39 am »

Is this a part of a doctrine 'rework' or just tweaks and stuff like that?

example: replacing heavy support entirely or just making some numerical adjustments.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2014, 12:12:29 pm »

Is this a part of a doctrine 'rework' or just tweaks and stuff like that?

example: replacing heavy support entirely or just making some numerical adjustments.

They are making sure Commandos aren't OP and oaks get 50 kills average.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2014, 02:43:07 pm »

How lol are scoped mp44s without fanaticism.

Or Stugs without HEAT. Ha

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2014, 03:46:56 pm »

This is indeed no 'doctrine rework', I think we are done with doctrine reworks for the time being. We had an entirely new doctrine approach planned for EIR 2, which we may try on EIR 1 with the new GUI but I don't think that's in the immediate future.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2014, 04:07:27 pm »

This is indeed no 'doctrine rework', I think we are done with doctrine reworks for the time being. We had an entirely new doctrine approach planned for EIR 2, which we may try on EIR 1 with the new GUI but I don't think that's in the immediate future.

Eirr dev cant be more cruel. This unknownz post is like offer to diabetic kid for a candy and saying  *ya want dat sweat thing dont ya?  Aww yeaa u aint getting it trololo*

//scumbagDevLevelOver3000
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 04:09:00 pm by Shabtajus » Logged

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2014, 04:48:27 pm »

Eirr dev cant be more cruel. This unknownz post is like offer to diabetic kid for a candy and saying  *ya want dat sweat thing dont ya?  Aww yeaa u aint getting it trololo*

//scumbagDevLevelOver3000

Good Guy Shab. Always telling da'truth.

9th Armoured Engineers
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2014, 05:04:34 pm »

That is a little disappointing to hear.  I've been hoping for some sort of doctrine tweak of SE for the last few years but haven't been particularly vocal about it.  I thought it was mentioned that at least the bottom unlocks would be sorted since a number of options were overpriced tier-wise or lackluster.  For instance middle T2 is listed as disabled.  And I still haven't seen any patch notes that indicates that bottom T4 - Blowing the bridges is properly implemented as it wasn't for a few years.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2014, 05:17:49 pm »

That is a little disappointing to hear.  I've been hoping for some sort of doctrine tweak of SE for the last few years but haven't been particularly vocal about it.  I thought it was mentioned that at least the bottom unlocks would be sorted since a number of options were overpriced tier-wise or lackluster.  For instance middle T2 is listed as disabled.  And I still haven't seen any patch notes that indicates that bottom T4 - Blowing the bridges is properly implemented as it wasn't for a few years.

Whoa just like armors T2 white phosphorus strike. and just like all of commando doctrine and half of Royal engineers. im sure the 2 things in SE can wait.
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2014, 05:26:03 pm »

It's actually more than 2 things, I simply listed two examples. I just don't particularly feel the need to whine in the forums all the time about it.  Just voicing my disappointment that the doctrines will seemingly be left in their current state and be balanced via baseline unit changes.  The CW cheering squad can go back to banging on their forum pulpit.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 05:28:01 pm by Uglysori » Logged
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2014, 05:49:23 pm »

Here's the reality.......

We do not want to do another massive doctrine rework unless we are changing it all to a new format.

That being said, more then likely what will happen is we get tired of waiting for the massive coding EiRRmod has to do for the new launcher and just start fixing doctrines.

So officially, we are not reworking doctrines. Unofficially you will probably see some changes.
If you are looking for more commitment than that, you won't see it  Wink
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2014, 06:39:31 pm »

It's actually more than 2 things, I simply listed two examples. I just don't particularly feel the need to whine in the forums all the time about it.  Just voicing my disappointment that the doctrines will seemingly be left in their current state and be balanced via baseline unit changes.  The CW cheering squad can go back to banging on their forum pulpit.
well as it stands Americans and Wher can use pretty well any doc and be effective.

PE can only use TD and luft with SE being in a half life state.

CW on the other hand are pretty well forced to use RCA.
its by far the most OP doctrine in EIR atm.
I dont think a single other doc buffs so many units in somany ways while also givjng you offmaps and on maps support
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2014, 06:41:49 pm »

Like tank said, no doctrine rework doesn't mean we can't go in and fix certain abilities left and right.
By 'doctrine rework' we generally mean an ENTIRE overhaul of all the doctrines and their abilities. (I.e as if rewriting them from scratch, anybody that has been around long enough will know that we have done this several times in EIR's history)
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2014, 07:17:55 pm »

Like tank said, no doctrine rework doesn't mean we can't go in and fix certain abilities left and right.
By 'doctrine rework' we generally mean an ENTIRE overhaul of all the doctrines and their abilities. (I.e as if rewriting them from scratch, anybody that has been around long enough will know that we have done this several times in EIR's history)
like replacing all the selections in doctrines that have things like "not yet implimented" with sonething temporary, easy to impliment and moderatly useful.

Perfect example being top T2 RSE emplacements for mortar and 17pdr, useless in eir endgame with so much offmaps.
or bottom t4 brens firing on the move, changed to maybe %10 more acc for tanks firing on the move.
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2014, 04:06:52 pm »

As an FYI,  disabling the doctrines has made some L&L companies inaccessible since they and L&L atgs, mortars and mgs in their co.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2014, 04:23:35 pm »

Yeah, it includes pretty much any doctrine unlocked unit if it's doctrine is removed by force (Fatherland units as well). Only way I know how to unstick it is to remove said units from the database but I'd be happy to be wrong.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 04:25:24 pm by nikomas » Logged

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc