Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 03, 2024, 05:27:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

by Bear
[Yesterday at 01:14:57 pm]

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some new ideas for EiRR  (Read 4047 times)
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« on: January 21, 2014, 04:00:36 am »

Hi guys. It's me GrayWolf the most hatted kid in EiR community.
Well I was thinking about balance and other stuff and few ideas came to my mind.

1. Reward pool system

This one is simple. There is pool for reward units. You have max. of 4 points to spend on reward units in your company.
For example : Flakpanzer cost 2 points, but Maus or SP cost 4 of them.
I divided reward units on 4 classes :

Normal reward units (cost 1 point) : Elite grens, Marines, Support Grens, ambulance (basicly reward infantry)
Good reward units (cost 2 points) : Sniper, lv's, Wespe, t57 (Special inf and lv's)
Rare reward units (cost 3 points) : Panther CCT (tanks)
Uber reward units (cost 4 points) : Maus, SP, TA (Legendary tanks)

Why should it be implemented ? Well a lot of players are qq about "we cannot fight vs reward units, they are just too OP". Well I think they are kinda right. This system will balance reward units, for example : If you have a Maus you cannot call any other reward unit.

2. Heroic units/Commanders.

This is a lot bigger thing (and also harder to do ... I think :p). You guys probably still remember the video "Train your own Tiger Ace". Well this is similar, but instead of TA you have to train your special infantry units - Commanders.

At the begging every player choose the doc upgrades, places your coy on the warmap, then builds his company. My idea is to add an extra step to that system : Commanders. Every player have to choose his commander. This is an extra unit which you can call on the battlefield. Every Commander is different, for example :

Arty officer : Strikes, bonus aura, flares
Sgt Shabflame : Fire up, flame every thread, elite armor, + acc aura.
Captain Corps : qq about balance, better buff Brits, Buff for tanks in sector, bonus HP for Churchills.
Sniper Skaffa : no idea...

Of course they won't have all the stuff on the begging (just like the TA), so you need to level up them :

Sgt Shabflame

lvl 0 : Call them noobs - Enemy inf receive more dmg
lvl 1 (40 exp) : Flame the thread
lvl 2 (150 exp) : 3x Hummel spam vs Commando blob
lvl 3 (300 exp): Come on niggah : Taunt enemy tanks
lvl 4 (750 exp): Lithuania es numero uno
lvl 5 (1500 exp): Leave the match when your team is winning. Ultra taunt, everybody crying.

Of course if you lose your officer you lose a lot of points in game (-1.20 ?) and death resets you exp (you still have the commander).

Every nation has 2 or 3 commanders.

Why ?
Some fresh wind, also it's funnier when you level up command unit like that, than for example : Jagpanther (Abilities every level).
Also to balance it, commanders cannot use retreat button, so they cannot run from the middle of the fight, you need to move them to the respawn.

What do you guys think about it ? What devs think about it ? Is it possible to implement it ? Do you have enough positive energy to implement it ?

Sorry for my ENGRIISH skills
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 04:29:09 am by GrayWolf » Logged

XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 04:13:54 am »

Could you maybe do the human race a service and not pass on your obviously flawed genes ?

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 04:22:42 am »

I just proposed some changes, it depends on devs if they want make it happen or not.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 04:38:56 am by GrayWolf » Logged
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 04:57:24 am »

If reward units are OP, then they should be balanced. Just because they are reward units doesn't mean they can be above unit balance.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 05:01:08 am »

If reward units are OP, then they should be balanced. Just because they are reward units doesn't mean they can be above unit balance.

Well imo reward units should be better, but you cannot have lot of them. The main point of my statement is, that if you have Maus or SP, you cannot have any other reward unit.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 05:02:46 am by GrayWolf » Logged
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 05:12:44 am »

I'm sorry but that is a completely flawed approach to game balance. What does it matter if you have many of unit X if one unit X is absolutely OP and enough of a heartache for the opposing players?

If players have a maus they should not be able to field another super heavy, I think that's a no brainer. But why should someone who has a maus be restricted from also having say some elite grenadiers?
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 05:17:51 am »

I'm sorry but that is a completely flawed approach to game balance. What does it matter if you have many of unit X if one unit X is absolutely OP and enough of a heartache for the opposing players?

If players have a maus they should not be able to field another super heavy, I think that's a no brainer. But why should someone who has a maus be restricted from also having say some elite grenadiers?

Well... Have you ever tried to kill the maus supported by Elite Grens... I think not Cheesy
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 07:27:46 am »

Ok, just delete the thread . _.
Looks like it won't happen anyway...
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 07:31:34 am »

Cleaned thread
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 07:37:23 am »

well we have officers aint we? add special abillities to them being at vet4 or vet5 and ya have ya comander. also woulda be fun to have a chance to name units being at vet5. omgMod had this feature, was really fun tbh

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 07:58:48 am »

well we have officers aint we? add special abillities to them being at vet4 or vet5 and ya have ya comander. also woulda be fun to have a chance to name units being at vet5. omgMod had this feature, was really fun tbh

Well, Shab you have won the thread now, why not doing sth like this, when it's easier to do ?
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 08:19:54 am »

We will be adding commander cards in the near future that will be somewhat similar to what you are suggesting........ sort of.

We will be looking at the balance of RW units during this "No Docs" phase.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 09:09:21 am »

We will be adding commander cards in the near future that will be somewhat similar to what you are suggesting........ sort of.

We will be looking at the balance of RW units during this "No Docs" phase.

WOW, JUST WOW.

Christmas has ended tank and you're still nice to me ? Have I done sth wrong ?

Anyway thanks for saying that, this mod needs some fresh air.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 09:19:26 am by GrayWolf » Logged
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 09:39:40 am »

Don't get too excited..... I still don't like you........lol

Commander cards is something we had worked on for Eirr2. Now that we have essentially been screwed by Sega on that, we are looking at trying to implement some of the Eirr2 ideas into Eirr.

The problem we have is the current launcher is so archaic and difficult to code changes, that these kinds of things are near impossible (motivation wise) to implement.

Eirrmod is currently working on getting a new GUI together. It is a shit ton of up front work to get it going, but it will make future changes way simpler. Once the new GUI is in place, we can start trying out all the new features.

I would expect 1 year before we have that all in place tbh.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2014, 09:42:37 am »

Don't get too excited..... I still don't like you........lol

Commander cards is something we had worked on for Eirr2. Now that we have essentially been screwed by Sega on that, we are looking at trying to implement some of the Eirr2 ideas into Eirr.

The problem we have is the current launcher is so archaic and difficult to code changes, that these kinds of things are near impossible (motivation wise) to implement.

Eirrmod is currently working on getting a new GUI together. It is a shit ton of up front work to get it going, but it will make future changes way simpler. Once the new GUI is in place, we can start trying out all the new features.

I would expect 1 year before we have that all in place tbh.

Well so, you want to make sth like commanders in CoH 2 right ?
Will it be instead of doctrines or more like my idea ?
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 10:34:49 am »

Not really either tbh. But honestly, I am not going to go into details until we get a little closer to finalizing it.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 04:42:42 pm »

Not really either tbh. But honestly, I am not going to go into details until we get a little closer to finalizing it.

So everything was just a tease to keep us here.  Wink

9th Armoured Engineers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc